Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Darvo Selling Twitch

Ziym

Dear DE,

I'm going to make it short and sweet and try to not rant.

First lets talk about Twitch. Its very nice of DE to have teamed up with Twitch to offer in-game rewards if we sub to Twitch Prime. I mean if we were already subbed to Twitch Prime this is nothing but a win for us, right? This is great for those individuals or for those who will subscribe in the future.

Next, lets talk about the in-game mails. These, as many know, typically contain a quest, in-game information, or a item, possibly from a Twitch drop. Mails are forced upon the player at the first opportunity so they don't miss important info or that they've received some item. What this means is that most people will see a in-game mail before other sources of information such as the News console.

Lastly and my issue, Darvo's in-game mail simply says that you just got some free stuff you just need to collect but doesn't say that to collect you need to be actively paying, or in a trial, with Twitch Prime so very much not a free item. So Darvo sent an ad, an unskippable misleading ad, to everyone in the game likely before they see the News that vastly better explained the deal. I do not approve. Please tell me about great deals you may be having through the News Console but not through in-game unskippable misleading ad mail. Can we please keep the in-game mail for things that are solely in-game related?

Thanks,

A lone Tenno

• Like 3

Came here to start a topic about this, noticed this one so I'll just reply here

This is a new low for DE

clickbaiting through the game's inbox to sell Twitch Prime and NOT receiving anything

and to quote the message below this one in my inbox:
"Your actions have consequences..."

Edited by BlackVortex

Not to mention the decoration is very unique and changes the lander like no other of its type and instead of giving it to baro so he doesn't for once have garbage, they limit it only for Twitch Prime users.

Edited by Gweredith

Id rather not spend more money on twitch, I use my trial and they charged me a dollar when I used it last time for that, even when it was mentioned free.

I cant write how stupid this is being tied to twitch, BLOODY TWITCH. Not only is it no free its a really special orokin themed addition that I am sure a lot want, it would made more sense it to be tier to prime access and liset prime owners should get it free(Im not a liset prime owner). 

I feel like it pathetic how DE just threw that into just twitch prime, a syndana being there is fine there are a lot of those but this is very unique and they better make something just as good for free to play players so they dont have players be outraged. They would have made more money if it costed plat in shop Im sure a lot would give a fair 150 plat on PC for that decoration

• Like 3

If I had to guess, they're going to run another Twitch campaign for Empyrean, similar to PoE. And thus, Twitch was like 'yeah, but that doesn't necessarily get us THAT much... you gonna sweeten the deal?'

Edit: Since I do have twitch prime I'm going to report... honestly you're not missing much. It's like the festive set, it only affects the top part. And, honestly... we may be spending a lot less time in our orbiters than we used to anyway, since it's been suggested that Railjacks will, either now or in the near future, do everything they can.

Edited by Loza03
'salright, I guess...

14 минут назад, Lazarow сказал:

Id rather not spend more money on twitch, I use my trial and they charged me a dollar when I used it last time for that, even when it was mentioned free.

I cant write how stupid this is being tied to twitch, BLOODY TWITCH. Not only is it no free its a really special orokin themed addition that I am sure a lot want, it would made more sense it to be tier to prime access and liset prime owners should get it free(Im not a liset prime owner). 

I feel like it pathetic how DE just threw that into just twitch prime, a syndana being there is fine there are a lot of those but this is very unique and they better make something just as good for free to play players so they dont have players be outraged. They would have made more money if it costed plat in shop Im sure a lot would give a fair 150 plat on PC for that decoration

same. 1-2 dollars for last “free” twitch prime trial. 

I was advertised a free empherma for watching Tennocon on twitch prime.  My accounts were linked, I watched at correct times, and I got nothing.  I submitted screenshots to DE "customer support" and was told they do not do anything to fix thier mess ups after the macro they ran.

Long story short, twitch can burn up for all I care.  I will not be lied to again and was so surprised support wouldn't help when documented proof supplied.  

Don't bother, ignore the skin, ignore twitch, and ignore hype streams.  You will enjoy the game so much more!

7 minutes ago, (XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

I have twitch prime and claimed my reward, but have yet to receive it. We shall see what becomes of this. 

Might want to check arsenal, I didn't get a notification when I got mine either. Also make sure twitch is linked

I feel the devs ,uh marketing division, Corpus board are heading down a path that I don't want to follow them on here. I play Warframe mainly these days for awesome fashion and themed loadouts. If some of that is going to be hidden away with "special offers" I'd rather look for another game to be perfectly honest.

Edited by Countess_Hapmuhr
  • Like 2

I got into an argument with a friend of mine who insisted it was absolutely free and not tied to Twitch Prime. Yes, the e-mail is misleading. It's phrased like an offer for free stuff, when it is in fact an advertisement for a third-party paid service. Worse, it's delivered in-character. I get that you need to bend the rules of reality a little bit to account for, say, large-scale melee redesigns. However, when you're shilling paid services from sponsorship deals, the whole affair starts to smell of native advertising. It starts to feel dishonest. It reminds me a bit too much of the Truman Show.

• Like 2

This deal is not free like "Darvo" says.  This deal is a bonus for wasting money on something else.  In game should be marketing for the game, not marketing for something I do not want.

No matter what deal you have with twitch, I would rather you tell Twitch to go to hell than to try to boost your numbers with inappropriate advertisements.

1 час назад, BlackVortex сказал:

if they advertise something for free, and then charge you a dollar, you can actually sue them in the country where I live

it's illegal to mislead consumers over here

well, in our country nobody will bother doing something, cause its “just 1-2 dollar” and you will waste x100 time more time in a court, with a result of getting them back and nothing more. 😞 And i mean - even discussion with bank about this would waste alot of days and etc, so its not even worth asking. 

Edited by Melanholic7

2 hours ago, Melanholic7 said:

well, in our country nobody will bother doing something, cause its “just 1-2 dollar” and you will waste x100 time more time in a court, with a result of getting them back and nothing more. 😞 And i mean - even discussion with bank about this would waste alot of days and etc, so its not even worth asking. 

banks here will just pay you the 1 dollar because it costs them more time to figure it out than to give you the dollar, it's not worth their time

• Like 2