Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE Scrooged Us This Holiday! RIP "Free Prime With Twitch Prime"

(PSN)True_Reclaimer

Warframe Twitch Prime

All of the previous Twitch Prime packs have given a Prime Warframe, prime weapon, and prime accessories (Frost Prime and Scindo Prime, Trinity Prime and Vectis Prime, Nekros Prime and Soma Prime, prime syandanas, etc)

Now the current promo is Ember... NOT PRIMED, just the regular version. Why DE?

No weapon included either!

And the accessory? A prime ship decoration that SHOULD HAVE been included with the paid Liset Prime Pack!

And it's NOT "free" since Twitch Prime is a paid membership, therefor the rewards shouldn't be cheap like these ones!

Edited by (PS4)True_Reclaimer
spelling
  • Like 3

Hmm, well I appreciate the chance to acquire a new frame if you didn't have it, or in the case of people who have almost everything, I appreciate the free warframe slot. And as an almost completely free to play player (Couldn't say no to that Volt Tennogen Helmet) I appreciate the cosmetic. Would be nice if there was a weapon, even if it was a dinky weapon cuz weapon slots are nice too.

I appreciate that they give anything at all, they don't have too. The Twitch drop thing could have been a short lived experiment. Now they have turned it into a regular thing with a calendar and semi known rewards.What other game does that? 
Also why does the level of reward have to go up every time? I get Amazon prime for a few reasons, not just Twitch drops from a free to play game. If that is your reason, well I'd re-examine the cost/benefit ratio of playing a FTP game and expecting Free stuff all the time.  

-- I'm wondering what is dropping in March and July. Tennocon is usually in July, maybe expect a big drop in March?

• Like 5

Prime with Prime was why I got Amazon/Twitch Prime in the first place,  something like around 2 years ago.

Ember is useless,  I sold an Ember for credits just a few days ago because I need to get an Ember Prime.  A base frame that isn't new is a dead end because all of that investment is wasted because it can't transfer to the prime variant. 

Imagine all the newer players who might end up wasting a potato and forma on a base ember.  As someone with over 420 hours logged in-game and over 1,200 logged via Steam (somehow there's a huge discrepancy there, like wow.  Is the ingame log specifically in-mission time?),  Potatoes and Forma are still extremely limited for me.

Edited by Kingsmount

Well I am not unhappy. 

I even used that 1 argon from the last dev stream.  That 1 argon made me the Angstrum. Which I hate.  But still. 

I didn't have Ember.  Look like my first Prime is going to be Ivara.

But it does say "Primed Accessories".  

Edited by Hexsing

@Kingsmount you got like 3-4 frames out of the twitch drops from warframe, if you got the 24 months you have had the Prime account. But no where does DE say they will supply anything on Twitch Prime on regular occasions. Have you complained to DE in the long spaces between Prime frame drops? For me that would be £160 for 2 yrs of Amazon prime. Cheaper to buy plat and get what you want.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Vermashank said:

I appreciate that they give anything at all, they don't have too. The Twitch drop thing could have been a short lived experiment. Now they have turned it into a regular thing with a calendar and semi known rewards.What other game does that? 
Also why does the level of reward have to go up every time? I get Amazon prime for a few reasons, not just Twitch drops from a free to play game. If that is your reason, well I'd re-examine the cost/benefit ratio of playing a FTP game and expecting Free stuff all the time.  

-- I'm wondering what is dropping in March and July. Tennocon is usually in July, maybe expect a big drop in March?

I got a trial for the first I believe, but it's very helpful having an Amazon Prime account and I'm fine with being the account-bearer for my family. I agree with you on every level.

Plus, honestly, you're not missing much if you don't get it. The filigree is nice I guess but honestly not wildly noticeable and as with the others, only affects the cockpit. IIRC people kicked up a fuss with the Primes last time since they were vaulted and apparently grinding for it means nobody should get it for free after years?

Also, Railjack, if Steve gets his way now or in the future, could wind up playing much of the role the Orbiter does, so I might be seeing less of it as time goes on.

Edited by Loza03

1 minute ago, Vermashank said:

@Kingsmount you got like 3-4 frames out of the twitch drops from warframe, if you got the 24 months you have had the Prime account. But no where does DE say they will supply anything on Twitch Prime on regular occasions. Have you complained to DE in the long spaces between Prime frame drops? For me that would be £160 for 2 yrs of Amazon prime. Cheaper to buy plat and get what you want.

What if I told you... Something can be the deciding reason you make the jump to join or buy something,  but not the only reason you keep it afterwards... 

• Like 2

Sure, but mention those other reasons why you kept it when you complain. 

- I got this thing for one reason, but found several other reasons to keep it, when something changes I will only mention one thing and not the rest of the context.

- What if I told you that context and information actually matter and not everyone is as psychically aware as you.

To me it wouldn't make a difference if it was Prime Ember, as I already have it, I'm just curious why they didn't at least choose to give out a Warframe that takes some time to get, as that would actually be useful to people still unlocking non-primed warframes. It could've even been Ivara to have more people try her out before her primed variant is released.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z said:

Entitlement at its finest. 

I would back this statement up if twitch prime was free but it’s not you have to buy amazon prime to get it and a lot of people have no reason to buy it. If this was sent as a gift to everyone in game it would be appreciated, but it wasn’t and it is a junk item to lure people into buying amazon prime nty keep your junk DE

• Like 8

You know, it's not really related, but tennobaum is coming up again. I wonder if this year's will be as sketchy as last year's, where they used a weird hand-drawn meter to track the gifting progress that didn't actually have a consistent scale, hiding how much progress was actually being made, and that also froze up completely a few days before the end when it had been skyrocketing up the whole time before. Only for DE to then graciously extend the gifting period so people could burn more plat and make it the rest of the way.

Of course, being a charity-related event, it was really hard to try to point out how sketchy or questionable it was since you'd just get people screaming at you for hating charity.

Edited by OvisCaedo
  • Like 4