Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE Scrooged Us This Holiday! RIP "Free Prime With Twitch Prime"

(PSN)True_Reclaimer

1 hour ago, Kingsmount said:

Prime with Prime was why I got Amazon/Twitch Prime in the first place,  something like around 2 years ago.

Ember is useless,  I sold an Ember for credits just a few days ago because I need to get an Ember Prime.  A base frame that isn't new is a dead end because all of that investment is wasted because it can't transfer to the prime variant. 

Imagine all the newer players who might end up wasting a potato and forma on a base ember.  As someone with over 420 hours logged in-game and over 1,200 logged via Steam (somehow there's a huge discrepancy there, like wow.  Is the ingame log specifically in-mission time?),  Potatoes and Forma are still extremely limited for me.

You can make non prime ember nigh equivalent to ember prime, all ember prime gets as a bonus is a little more shields and armor/who really cares because shields are garbage and armor pales in comparison to the damage reduction of her 2 in terms of effectiveness.  Hell less armor lets you reap more benefit off of rage and hunter adrenaline so it can even be a benefit over the prime version.  In terms of starting polarities you get a V and D polarity vs. 2 dash polarities/pretty negligible forma wise.  

I'll take the free slot and free decoration, quite nice to have more slots.  

19 minutes ago, OvisCaedo said:

You know, it's not really related, but tennobaum is coming up again. I wonder if this year's will be as sketchy as last year's, where they used a weird hand-drawn meter to track the gifting progress that didn't actually have a consistent scale, hiding how much progress was actually being made, and that also froze up completely a few days before the end when it had been skyrocketing up the whole time before. Only for DE to then graciously extend the gifting period so people could burn more plat and make it the rest of the way.

Of course, being a charity-related event, it was really hard to try to point out how sketchy or questionable it was since you'd just get people screaming at you for hating charity.

Actually I did call them out for it DE - The Grinch that Stole Xmas?

Just now, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

So you think the railjack will replace the orbiter eventually or ? 

Not really. We'll likely still start there for technical reasons and there'll probably still be things happening there. But I do think we'll be spending less time there overall, double if we can start and end non-railjack missions from the Railjack.

8 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Not really. We'll likely still start there for technical reasons and there'll probably still be things happening there. But I do think we'll be spending less time there overall, double if we can start and end non-railjack missions from the Railjack.

Curious on if we will have navigation in the railjack..will it be accessible form the Orbiter.... Or only accessible from the dojo.. curious.. on how all that's going to congeal

Edited by (XB1)SixGunLove

Dude, this ISN'T "Free Prime with Prime".  Nowhere is it called such.  In fact, I think every part of that title is wrong, "Scrooged us" isn't applicable because this also isn't Christmas related at all.

It's a monthly reward thingy that happens to begin in December, alternating between cosmetics and boosters, and this first month's suggests that they might also come with random other non-prime things that come with slots.

This is all plainly visible.  The only thing slightly misleading is a bit of possible-to-misinterpret grammar where they say "Ember & Filigree Prime" and one can assume the Prime suffix applies to both items, except that everywhere else it is perfectly clear it's normal Ember.  There's nothing shady about this.

As an aside, it makes plenty of sense that it's Ember.  She and Vauban just got a rework, and it's not Vauban because his Prime is currently out of the vault.

Unlike the "Free Prime with Prime" promotions, this isn't as much an incentive to get Amazon Prime or go through a free trial, it's a more regular and smaller reward for having Amazon Prime (or jumping through enough hoops to keep getting trials).

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, (PS4)Gooonicorn said:

I would back this statement up if twitch prime was free but it’s not you have to buy amazon prime to get it and a lot of people have no reason to buy it. If this was sent as a gift to everyone in game it would be appreciated, but it wasn’t and it is a junk item to lure people into buying amazon prime nty keep your junk DE

When you pay for Twitch Prime you're not paying for these things, you're paying for Twitch Prime and this is an added bonus on the side. 

This is the same idea as a "buy one get one free" deal in a store... of course you pay for the initial offering, the bonus you get is still free.  

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, (PS4)True_Reclaimer said:

Actually I did call them out for it DE - The Grinch that Stole Xmas?

You also got downvoted into oblivion and absolutely slammed in the coments because that's a hot take

Just because they don't give 100% of the money does not mean it isn't charity.  You realize those sick kids still got the promised amount of money right?  Or does it not count because DE didn't happily give up 100% of their profits.

There's no reason they can't mutually benefit, either.  The idea that charity has to be 100% or nothing is just plain silly.  1000s of corporations and companies donate portions of their earnings but not the full thing.  Are they supposed to just run at a deficit for the entire month?

You accuse them of malice by insinuating they do it to drive sales.  That's not why they do it.  If they wanted to drive sales they would just put 50% off crap in the game, or run a platinum sale etc. etc.  and not give away any money at all - after all nobody is forcing them to.  

Edited by (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z said:

You also got downvoted into oblivion and absolutely slammed in the coments because that's a hot take

Just because they don't give 100% of the money does not mean it isn't charity.  You realize those sick kids still got the promised amount of money right?  Or does it not count because DE didn't happily give up 100% of their profits.

There's no reason they can't mutually benefit, either.  The idea that charity has to be 100% or nothing is just plain silly.  1000s of corporations and companies donate portions of their earnings but not the full thing.  

You accuse them of malice by insinuating they do it to drive sales.  That's not why they do it.  If they wanted to drive sales they would just put 50% off crap in the game, or run a platinum sale etc. etc.  

I lurk around that sub and every time I see this guy there he's whining and/or making weird conspiracy theories about DE. Has he seriously been whining for over 2 years about this game? Jesus Christ. 

Edited by traybong111
  • Like 1

Why are people defending this? Its meant to persuade people to invest in something they may not otherwise go for. Why is DE not putting the better version out when previously it always has chosen to do so. Why the change from prime frames to normal.....it even ruins the catchphrase of "prime for prime", which is pretty awesome, all things considered.

In purely business terms, people are going to look at this and think "those before me got more and better....why?" and that works against the whole idea of the thing. Something has changed and for the negative and it leaves me wondering what has gone on at DE for this to take place.....are they at a stage where they can no longer afford to give out primes for free?

I don't have twitch prime....I crafted my frost prime back at a time when I could have gained it for free, should I have taken the deal. It isn't free and it isn't something we all want, so surely, they want to make it as tempting as they can....and this is a backwards step.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Chronometria said:

Why are people defending this? Its meant to persuade people to invest in something they may not otherwise go for. Why is DE not putting the better version out when previously it always has chosen to do so. Why the change from prime frames to normal.....it even ruins the catchphrase of "prime for prime", which is pretty awesome, all things considered.

In purely business terms, people are going to look at this and think "those before me got more and better....why?" and that works against the whole idea of the thing. Something has changed and for the negative and it leaves me wondering what has gone on at DE for this to take place.....are they at a stage where they can no longer afford to give out primes for free?

I don't have twitch prime....I crafted my frost prime back at a time when I could have gained it for free, should I have taken the deal. It isn't free and it isn't something we all want, so surely, they want to make it as tempting as they can....and this is a backwards step.

Yeah no I'll opt into Amazon Prime because F2P game shiny is a far less defensible business decision than this non-issue

Seriously why are people like this 

Edited by traybong111
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z said:

Also don't most charitys take some amount of money raised for operation cost unless they are a non profit one

37 minutes ago, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

Curious on if we will have navigation in the railjack..will it be accessible form the Orbiter.... Or only accessible from the dojo.. curious.. on how all that's going to congeal

No clue. Steve did say 'new home potentially', and whilst we know it won't retroactively replace the orbiter (on account of the fact we have to build the railjack) it will likely have all functions the Orbiter has eventually.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (PS4)True_Reclaimer:

Warframe Twitch Prime

All of the previous Twitch Prime packs have given a Prime Warframe, prime weapon, and prime accessories (Frost Prime and Scindo Prime, Trinity Prime and Vectis Prime, Nekros Prime and Soma Prime, prime syandanas, etc)

Now the current promo is Ember... NOT PRIMED, just the regular version. Why DE?

No weapon included either!

And the accessory? A prime ship decoration that SHOULD HAVE been included with the paid Liset Prime Pack!

And it's NOT "free" since Twitch Prime is a paid membership, therefor the rewards shouldn't be cheap like these 

so you can get things for free and that's a fu**ing problem?

to hell with this forum whining sht.

• Like 2

Just now, Loza03 said:

No clue. Steve did say 'new home potentially', and whilst we know it won't retroactively replace the orbiter (on account of the fact we have to build the railjack) it will likely have all functions the Orbiter has eventually.

Wondering because aren't they redoing the interior of the orbiter? Maybe they will merge together? But then what the point of the dry dock? Curious...

Wondering because aren't they redoing the interior of the orbiter? Maybe they will merge together? But then what the point of the dry dock? Curious...

They've already updated the Orbiter in Rising Tides.

It's a separate entity.

My prediction is that, eventually, we'll have the option to choose where our "home at login" is between Railjack and Orbiter (and maybe dojo?) 

If that comes to pass I think Orbiter will still be the default home with immediate access to foundry and mod menu. If you're veteran enough that you don't really build or claim anything from foundry apart from daily Forma, Railjack would be your home so you go around spacepirating and pubbing right away. 

1 minute ago, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

Just the arsenal, foundry, mod station, companion areas? I'm sure they will do the rest? 

Well, that's the only part that's received considerable model changes, especially the glass roof. However, the rest has received both updated textures and lighting, lots of both. The infested door now has the whole area bathed blood red for example. There's also better reflections. The whole place generally looks a lot better. Plus there's a customisable amount of wear and tear, currently limited to the main section, but they're going to expand it to the whole orbiter, likely once railjack drops and they're off hotfix lock-down.

And besides, there are other reasons to think they're not replacing the Orbiter or merging it with the Railjack. Rising Tides requires there to be no pre-existing Railjack, and distinctly seperates the Orbiter and the Railjack as separate entities - Ordis outright states that he can't be Railjack ship cephalon too because it's not the Orbiter. There's also nowhere aboard the 'jack for the Operator to sit, and thus the Second Dream wouldn't be possible, nor would the War Within. It'd be a ludicrous number of changes needed.

2 hours ago, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

I saw that too, I thought that was just "railjack mission nav" and not lisset/orbiter nav.

I'd say that the Railjack is for accessing specific mission types / nodes that are separate from what we normally access via the Orbiter.

On topic: I feel that the Twitch Prime message we got ingame was a bit...off-putting and not on the level as it were. I initially thought, "Oh nice! An early Christmas present!" But when I chased the link a bit, I thought "Oh, there's a catch to this. A subscription."

Yeah, no thanks.

3 hours ago, Chronometria said:

Why are people defending this?

White Knights gotta White Knight. You know, for brown-nosing points with the Devs and to feel important and righteous.

• Like 1

on Primetime i just wish we had only this:

Update Talk, Lore Talk, Concept Design and FanArt, and professional Gameplay.

Not a fan of the rest tbh.

TWITCH:
I only use Twitch ( normal one ) to get rewards from it and hear about news/updates( WARFRAME ONLY ), maybe also see fanart.
In general i rather spend my time PLAYING the game instead of watching others play...
I don't know but i seem to not be the type of GamerCuck that enjoys to listen the BS that some gamerfolks push out their eating holes...
Additionally IF i watched a gameplay stream i can not help it but want to choke the people i see playing... they play like its the first time int heir life they touched a Videogame...

So yeah i only watch Twitch for Warframe stuff and Info directly coming from DE itself...

That said, it makes no sense to buy Twitch Prime for me, means people like me have no such nice way of getting stuff...
That said... i don't care about Twitch Prime and its Rewards...but i understand its a business.. so yeah... go any buy...
Or just buy Merchandise... i think that money is better invested XD

• Like 1