Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE Scrooged Us This Holiday! RIP "Free Prime With Twitch Prime"

(PSN)True_Reclaimer

15 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

While not mutually exclusive the correlation in this regard makes no true sense. "Take what you get because they didn't have to give you this" I feel like this is your mindset. Nobody again is screeching and yelling at DE demanding they get their prime. They are simply expressing their disappointment at this month's prime drop. You can be that same kid that's disappointed that he didn't get what he wanted and still not be entitled. 

The second you start expressing disappointment at free stuff, yes you are being entitled. 

They have no business being disappointed and yes - the "Take what you get" is the appropriate mindset to have.  That's the rational stance to take.  The stance most grounded adults would take.  If you don't want you free stuff, don't take it - but complaining the free stuff you want is not what's on offer can not be chalked up to anything BUT entitlement.  

I don't know if you're trying to play devil's advocate here, but this behavior from these folks is inexcusable.  You also must have missed the part in OPs post where he asserted things should have been part of the Liset Prime pack for example - prime example of entitlement.  "This should have already been given to me."  

The saying "Beggars can't be choosers" didn't come from nowhere.

Edited by (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z said:

The second you start expressing disappointment at free stuff, yes you are being entitled. 

They have no business being disappointed and yes - the "Take what you get" is the appropriate mindset to have.  That's the rational stance to take.  The stance most grounded adults would take.  If you don't want you free stuff, don't take it - but complaining the free stuff you want is not what's on offer can not be chalked up to anything BUT entitlement.  

I don't know if you're trying to play devil's advocate here, but this behavior from these folks is inexcusable.  You also must have missed the part in OPs post where he asserted things should have been part of the Liset Prime pack for example - prime example of entitlement.  "This should have already been given to me."  

The saying "Beggars can't be choosers" didn't come from nowhere.

Nobody is begging. While it is free. It's based off of you subscribing to twitch prime. You've spent money. While not directly tied into warframe. Many people who do get the twitch drops hope that they are worth while. As I can see from the comment above you don't pay for twitch prime and thats fine with me. I don't care    but in the next breath calling someone entitled on the forums isn't any better then then people whining in your op. 

Is something you get in the  subs. And again while you don't pay directly for it. You have to spend money to get the "prime for prime drops" I can see why people are upset because at a consumer level for the people who are subscribed and let's say like warframe feel jipped because that previous drops were better. 

They got a to to be.

Also I've read his post. 

I never really said I agreed with all of what he way saying. But calling him entitled and etc dosent help the case. Adults dont act like clem holes to each other ether. 

27 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Nobody is begging. While it is free. It's based off of you subscribing to twitch prime. You've spent money. While not directly tied into warframe. Many people who do get the twitch drops hope that they are worth while. As I can see from the comment above you don't pay for twitch prime and thats fine with me. I don't care    but in the next breath calling someone entitled on the forums isn't any better then then people whining in your op. 

Is something you get in the  subs. And again while you don't pay directly for it. You have to spend money to get the "prime for prime drops" I can see why people are upset because at a consumer level for the people who are subscribed and let's say like warframe feel jipped because that previous drops were better. 

They got a to to be.

Also I've read his post. 

I never really said I agreed with all of what he way saying. But calling him entitled and etc dosent help the case. Adults dont act like clem holes to each other ether. 

No, you're right they're not begging - which makes it even worse.  They're being offered something they don't need, didn't ask for, that they can refuse to take and are under no obligation to take.  A brand new cosmetic and a free slot (or frame if you don't have her) seems to be pretty worthwhile.  

They aren't being gypped on anything.  If that's their perception it comes back to one factor; Entitlement.  Sorry but pointing out blatant entitlement and childish behavior isn't being an a-hole.  It's just being realistic.   

We can have this back and forth all day.  It doesn't really matter.  DE doesn't care.  Amazon doesn't care.  And I got my stuff - so I don't even know why I care to try to explain this to people.  I'm really only coming back at this point because I keep getting notifications arguing with me.  

Somebody said it best a page or two ago - this thread is a trashfire and its all because of how OP started it.  It's just snowballed from there.  There's no value in this thread except ragebait from both sides (yeah even I'm a bit guilty of it).  

Edited by (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z
  • Like 3

All this ridiculous whining does is have a chilling effect on things DE wants to try to give us. 

According to this post, DE would've been better off not offering anything. If whine post like this take over, it'll just cause DE to be far more cautious with doing anything and become very corporate. Those of us that know how to appreciate things are really the ones that suffer. 

• Like 1

DE knew what they were doing when they put a normal frame in there, instead of a Prime this time... and it doesn't make any sense. I could have seen this sort of sentiment coming from a mile away, because of the precedent set by the entire history of Twitch Prime for Prime stuff they've done in the past. If they didn't always give Prime for Prime, no precedent would be there, and there would be no expectation of a prime. DE did this to themselves.

Calling people "entitled" is a silly way to invalidate the disappointment people are displaying. It's quite dismissive and ignorant of the situation. I know it's all in vogue these days to harp on the millenials and "entitled" youngsters, but (as someone who's 43) I don't see anything wrong with calling out DE on this slight promotional faux pas. (and I do see it as a mis-step on DE's part.)

This isn't all out of the kindness of their hearts that they're giving away free stuff on Twitch... they promote their game and get new paying customers. Twitch gets to promote "subscribe and give us money, and you get this free cool loot in these games." It's not a big deal, in the grand scheme of things, but they could have prevented any ill will by continuing following their past pattern (and really, what would it hurt them to give the prime instead? I'm guessing only traders who horded the prime blueprints would care, but she's been unvaulted with Frost so many times now, that I just roll my eyes when I see her in the unvaultings...)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, (PS4)AyinDygra said:

DE knew what they were doing when they put a normal frame in there, instead of a Prime this time... and it doesn't make any sense. I could have seen this sort of sentiment coming from a mile away, because of the precedent set by the entire history of Twitch Prime for Prime stuff they've done in the past. If they didn't always give Prime for Prime, no precedent would be there, and there would be no expectation of a prime. DE did this to themselves

They gave a prime cosmetic so you still get prime with prime.

I think this thread has run it's course.

We are all about listening to what our players want or do not want out of the promotions we offer through various services, but when discussions degrade as they have done here, the feedback is lost in the mess of personal insults and rage. Please keep it civil, folks.

• Like 9