Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream: Empyrean, Feed Back. Are you Listening DE?

CuChulainnWD

Just now, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

That is never a valid defense for anything.

Correct. I am not looking forward to a constant resource drain. I would say "it's just like plains archwing when they were consumables", but it'll be even worse here because you can't exactly bypass putting out fires on your ship like you could skywing by using nova, zephyr or small child mode.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Avienas said:

I would like to say thats kind of a bit slight irony, In order to raise that room for error idea, you would need to get all sorts of gear upgraded, which does not help you need to farm that gear using a base version of a ship. Which is not exactly going to have a friendly low-player to solo-player system on release, which likely mean the difficulty to get the parts just to have it easier would be delayed as a result of that conundrum.

Now, if these act as permanent upgrades that we do not need to deal with some ridiculous part dancing around, then that might be fine, They may of got rid of the energy load management silly, which basically means one less toxic system that could have some people be real jerks and complaining about certain guns are not on, but the `owner` of the ship either wants to be a troll by keeping them off or has to afk to eat dinner, without telling anyone once again.

I mean, Warframe isn't exactly friendly to low-player soloists either. Or to multiplayer entirely consisting of newbies either. Because everybody starts off weak AF. That's kind of how a looter game of any kind works.

There will almost certainly be permanent upgrades. Indeed, I'm pretty sure that the Reactor increases your base 'flux capacity'. So yes, there will be permanent upgrades to assist you. That much has already been shown.

Honestly what did you expect, as they said in the stream, when they started designing the game mode it was clear to them that they had to take a route, priporitize either solo or coop play. CO-OP is obviously the way to go(since this is a CO-OP game). Honestly you can solo 98% of this games content, why are you crying that its now 95%? And they will make it more viable eventually.

Your account data is stored on DE servers wich is why the game requires internet connection and always online, to enabling some kind of offline mode would open up securty issues , data might get edited or manipulated wich is a no no situation.

• Like 2

there is a solo matchmaking mode in which you can even pause the game when you open the menu. but the game still needs to update your account info after a mission (account info is stored on DE servers) so internet is required still.

• Like 1

there is 0 point for devs to do this. Either full solo players will make them lose their multyplayer base, which is bad; or those people want be single player notall the time - but this means they want play SOLO and  group = they can use cheats in solo mode and then use wealth in online mode 😃

1 hour ago, (PS4)drollive96 said:

There seem  to be a lot of players that  like to play  alone. Then solo players wouldn't have to worry about talking / interacting with anyone else. They could live in their own personal bubbles and play in peace. There's no need to be online if you are playing solo.

Just because someone plays solo doesn't mean they don't want to talk to or interact with people -.- For example I play solo because I don't like the speedrun / nuke meta and the way I play would just annoy most people.

Edit: This conversation has nothing to do with Devstream feedback, good job whoever moved this here 😄

Edited by Leyvonne
  • Like 1

Obvious troll is obvious, folks. This is not a good-faith suggestion. Move along.

45 minutes ago, (PS4)drollive96 said:

I'm tired of hearing solo players complain about playing with other people in an online coop game. Its an online game, the point of online games are that you are playing / interacting with other people. DE should just release an offline mode where there are no other players if there are this many antisocial people in this community that want privacy. So that way solo players wouldn't have to talk to anyone and live in their own personal bubble.  

Edited by Steel_Rook
  • Like 1

I have a question for [DE]Rebecca, [DE]Trevor, [DE]Megan and [DE]Sheldon that will go unanswered, but what ever, I will still ask.

Did you guys have fun while playing Railjack during devstream? Because it did not look like it.

When I discussed liches last month I said that I fear that Railjack is going to be boring in the same way that Liches are. I got the same impression from the devstream.

Please tell me I am wrong.

• Like 4

On 2019-12-05 at 4:02 AM, Squick said:

In this thread: People who have never made a game in their life, nor known anyone who works in the industry, nor even bothered to read up much on the industry.

So I have to make a video game before I can criticize it and tell people what I don't like about it and why? Geesh next time if a doctor tells me I have cancer I'll tell him "if you've never had cancer or had to do kemo I'm sure you don't know what your talking about"

• Like 5

2 часа назад, Miyabi-sama сказал:

This is entirely overexagerrated point, showing your bias and disrespect towards lfg chat.

While LFG system is aged and needs replacement, assuming everyone there is what you described in OP is very insulting attitude.

What is shown in Devstream is nowhere near that hardcory as Eidolon hunt. Which means I assure you can, and will, find yourself a party to Jack.

It isn't overexaggerated. That's how vast majority of Eidolon LFGs currently are, and you need to painfully sift through the chat to find those few groups without stupid requirements. Not demanding - just outright stupid.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

if none of these points get brought up, talked about, and addressed, its going to be an utter **** show of trolling, in fighting, and seperation of the player base.

Edit: its almost like they have no idea the kinds of different people that play warframe.

It's almost like Deja vous DE having done that in the Old Blood, kill or do not kill your Lich? That was/is a huge stink that DE swept under the rug. OB was a Litmus test. Empyrean may very well be the straw that breaks the camels back if it fails to live up to a fraction of our expectations.

• Like 2

9 минут назад, Serafim_94 сказал:

It isn't overexaggerated. That's how vast majority of Eidolon LFGs currently are...

12 минут назад, Serafim_94 сказал:

What is shown in Devstream is nowhere near that hardcory as Eidolon hunt. Which means I assure you can, and will, find yourself a party to Jack.

And IDGAF about Eidolon. To clarify: your whine about lfg is baseless.

13 minutes ago, Serafim_94 said:

It isn't overexaggerated. That's how vast majority of Eidolon LFGs currently are, and you need to painfully sift through the chat to find those few groups without stupid requirements. Not demanding - just outright stupid.

Even so the recruit tab is used to find "specific groups" to do said content. You're upset someone wants to play with like minded people and you Dont fit the requirements  that want or need? You're wasting both sides time because A you're not the player they want and B. You know beforehand that you're not a good fit for said squad. Also LFG isn't that bad for edilons  as for the longest all I type is Lf tricaps and the warframe I wanna play and usually find a squad within 3-4 minutes at the worst 

24 минуты назад, (PS4)sweatshawp сказал:

Even so the recruit tab is used to find "specific groups" to do said content. You're upset someone wants to play with like minded people and you Dont fit the requirements  that want or need? You're wasting both sides time because A you're not the player they want and B. You know beforehand that you're not a good fit for said squad. Also LFG isn't that bad for edilons  as for the longest all I type is Lf tricaps and the warframe I wanna play and usually find a squad within 3-4 minutes at the worst 

I'm upset that recruit chat is a bloody mess. Just like trade chat, but at least we have WFmarket for that.

15 minutes ago, Leyvonne said:

They merged a lot of things... even stuff that has nothing to do with Devstream feedback.

Hmm though I have no proof, it seems as much. It's nice that they think to ask the OP if it would be ok to merge said threads if that is the case. Yep DE did a fantastic job re examining their moderator practices if again that is the case.

2 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

This is not reasonable.

2uI83aZ.jpg

I do have a reason behind my statement.

A well-designed co-op multiplayer game always requires human as a player in order for it to be a multiplayer game, not multibot game. This game as a whole is solo-able (including eidolon variant and big spider variant). Yet this game has no game mode that contribute to a real co-op experience when it is meant to be a co-op focused game like I quoted above.

People keep complaining about something not solo-able in-game when it's meant to be played as a team. Meanwhile, here I am wondering why everything has to be solo-able in a co-op focused game like this. I don't want to compare this game to other games because this game was not made based on those games you mentioned. Warframe is Warframe.

Edit: Wait, I don't remember posting a comment in this thread. (•.•?

Edited by Alvengerz
last line

11 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

Hmm though I have no proof, it seems as much. It's nice that they think to ask the OP if it would be ok to merge said threads if that is the case. Yep DE did a fantastic job re examining their moderator practices if again that is the case.

I originally posted in a thread that was about offline mode for solo players and that thread was merged here... Pretty sure that thread has nothing to do with Devstream feedback 😄 You can see my comment and a quote from the OP of that thread if you scroll up a bit.

1 hour ago, Alvengerz said:

2uI83aZ.jpg

I do have a reason behind my statement.

A well-designed co-op multiplayer game always requires human as a player in order for it to be a multiplayer game, not multibot game. This game as a whole is solo-able (including eidolon variant and big spider variant). Yet this game has no game mode that contribute to a real co-op experience when it is meant to be a co-op focused game like I quoted above.

People keep complaining about something not solo-able in-game when it's meant to be played as a team. Meanwhile, here I am wondering why everything has to be solo-able in a co-op focused game like this. I don't want to compare this game to other games because this game was not made based on those games you mentioned. Warframe is Warframe.

DE can post whatever they want on the game's description. Goals and Reality are quite different.
The last statistic release showed more than 30% of all missions were done Solo and a great majority of Clans are Solo built ones.

Warframe by design is completely anti-coop game play with players competing for kills instead of working together to stay alive or accomplish a goal. Put simply nothing about the game play itself is focused on coop. The loot gains are and only the loot gains which is not the game but the rewards for playing the game.

Factually the only advantage to playing in a Group in Warframe is a faster grind and that is strictly the only perk of doing so.
Relics, Eidolons, Profit-Taker, Excavation, Kuva, ect. All simply faster results. They in fact nerfed Excavation twice because players could achieve far better gains in the mission separated from each other each doing their own thing. Warframe has no idea what real coop is. It's a game with players that ignore each other.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

So I have to make a video game before I can criticize it and tell people what I don't like about it and why? Geesh next time if a doctor tells me I have cancer I'll tell him "if you've never had cancer or had to do kemo I'm sure you don't know what your talking about"

Not to mention that unless you're a professional chef, you have no right to say whether a meal is good or bad.