Sign in to follow this  
DarkSkysz

Chroma rework

Passive: Keep the elemental thing and add resistance to procs of his element (Fire chroma immune to fire procs, toxic chroma immune to toxin procs, etc).

1: Dragon Rush> Can rush into enemies damaging them.

2: Vex Armor is moved to here.

3: Effigy is moved to here and the effect is changed. Instead of releasing his pelt like a new entity, he could keep it floating above his shoulder (like a sentinel) and that thing would be throwing fire balls (or acid/freezing/shocking) at his enemies.

4: Chroma starts to gather energy from defeated foes until his 'rage meter' if full and then he would turn into a exaulted dragon being able to fly above the field (maybe some kind of archwing control). While in the exaulted dragon form his other abilities are buffed.

4+1: Dragon Rage: Chroma dives into a single enemy and rip his head of. Insta kill against normal units Heavy units would take % of they max hp as dmg.

4+2: Buff can affect team mates that come close enough and would last until chroma finish his transformation.

4+3: Dragon Skin: Chroma will release a wave of energy around him that will hurt enemies that come in melee combat.

4+4: Pressing the 4th button allows chroma to use his breath atk (increasing the energy cost of his ultimate and the range would not be affected by range mods, having a fixed range of like 35m? and need line of sight to hit targets). Holding the 4th button cancels the transformation releasing a blast of energy knocking back all enemies near chroma.

Add "elemental cycling" to his 1 or two and I am a happy man. Gameplay content should not be tied to cosmetics or fashion frame.

This doesnt fix chroma at all. You dont address any of the issues and even disregard his theme. Chroma is not a dragon, but a slayer master of the elements. You didnt even include the most requested feature, which is elemental cycling.

Does chroma need some improvements? yes but he doesn't need a rework, If I were to improve his abilities, here is what I would do;

1st ability:

·       Increase the range from 10m to 15m.

·       Make it do continuous damage (like beam weapons) instead of damage a second.

·       By holding the fire button, you will increase its range, damage and cone spread.

·       Increase range when adding range mod to be more noticeable.

2nd ability:

·       Whatever element chroma has equipped (toxin) will be added forced onto the weapons you are currently using and Increases status chance on weapons by 30%.

3rd ability:

·       Increase damage on all abilities.

4th ability:

·       Pressing the ability will make it stay in one spot while holding the ability will make it move around on its own. While moving around the damage is increased but it won`t do any cc attacks.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

Does chroma need some improvements? yes but he doesn't need a rework, If I were to improve his abilities, here is what I would do;

As someone that has more than 500h on chroma and does upwards of 2h solo and team runs with him, I can tell you he needs a total kit rework.

1st ability:

His one in its current iteration is completely useless, even with your changes it would remain the same. If anything it should allow us to swap elements.

2nd ability:

·       Whatever element chroma has equipped (toxin) will be added forced onto the weapons you are currently using and Increases status chance on weapons by 30%.

Absolutely no, chroma doesnt need more power. Maybe an ehp increase to 40k from 35k, but not more dmg. Elemental ward in general needs its elements to be rebalanced, since right now fire rains supreme since it doubles its ehp to 35k, this is to big of an advantage which basically makes all other elements irrelevant.

3rd ability:

·       Increase damage on all abilities.

Chromas main dmg should come from weapons, not abilities. Vex armor on its own is fine, if anything vex armor and elemental ward should be made into a single ability, in order to make space for a new one. Having one plain duration ability is fine, two not so much.

4th ability:

·       Pressing the ability will make it stay in one spot while holding the ability will make it move around on its own. While moving around the damage is increased but it won`t do any cc attacks.

Fully agree on this change, in addition make it into a duration based ability instead of channelled. It might need some tweaks here and there but it already provides good enough CC, which is what chroma is lacking in his current kit.

18 hours ago, DarkSkysz said:

Passive: Keep the elemental thing and add resistance to procs of his element (Fire chroma immune to fire procs, toxic chroma immune to toxin procs, etc)

Absolutely not. Fashion and gameplay have to be separate and unrelated. He has got to be able to change elements in-game.

18 hours ago, DarkSkysz said:

1: Dragon Rush> Can rush into enemies damaging them.

Yes and? Another Rhino Charge?

22 hours ago, BlachWolf said:

-snip-

That`s your opinion and it`s fine.

In high-levels maybe but in low-levels no just for the fact it does continues damage like a beam weapon make a difference.

This is a copy and past of an idea that I had ages ago so I have a better idea for this. Imo this should affect melee weapons like it use to before so it could give you a 90 angel of protection when blocking, blocking enemy attacks will reflect toxin damage, give you efficiency an combo mult or all three.

I don`t think I explained myself her, I mean that the 3rd ability should affect the damage of all his abilities 1, 2 and 4.

Yes. This will make it more useful and fun to watch. If it is going to be affected by duration, it has to be over 1min at base if not then no.

chroma doesnt need a rework. some tweaks sure but a rework? no.

he does not need an ability wheel. this gimmick needs to disappear from the game. i can use vauban, khora, and ivara without using any of their ability wheel skills. nuff said.

remove the channel from effigy and give it celestial twin treatment.

spectal scream can be made to be good. i doubt DE cares though. regardless they should try.

Elemental ward needs a base buff so that elemental choice is not over shadowed by "which gives you more EHP"