Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition to return the old archwing flight system

Acryt

5 Deсember 2019

To: Digital Extremes

and ALL USERS interested in this.

PETITION

With all due respect, I ask you (Digital Extremes) to return the old archwing flight system (on the plains and fortune). At the moment, it seems cheap and is in no way suitable fot playing in the game AAA class. Flights are more and more like a simple arcade.

We love the game, because it provides us with challenges that we have to cope with.

In addition to the above:

• I propose changing the value of inertia to something between the old and the new system. (Mods are an ideal solution for changing inertia, speed, possibility of jumping etc.)
  • Balance itzal with the rest of the frames.
  • Return upside down mechanics. (remove snap to axis)
Edited by Acryt

Im digging the new arch wing system. Just a few ZoE tweeks maybe a arch wing powers graphic rework/overhaul (ordanata's 3 I'm looking at you with those weak ass explosions and dinky missiles FX that can't kill jack S#&$)  and Also the actual "do a back flip to engage arch wing thing " needs to go the way of the doe doe. And the flight sound FX need some love (bit weak there too) And I'm good. 

Edited by (XB1)SixGunLove
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

Im digging the new arch wing system. Just a few ZoE tweeks maybe a arch wing powers graphic rework/overhaul (ordanata's 3 I'm looking at you with those weak ass explosions and dinky mission FX)  and it'll be perfect IMO. 

Jehuty for LIFE!!!

• Like 1

The old system was practical if you used Itzal. And that's it.

Being able to stop very quickly (I agree it is a little too quick though) is really nice and the much faster incline and decline speeds is also good. Idk why some people talk about realism when it comes to a void powered space-ninja personal propulsion device. 

Warframes have never been affected by super fast or super slow stops, max out parkour velocity and bullet jump straight in to a wall, you take 0 damage. Archwings are what take damage when you use them and slam a wall, not the warframe.

• Like 7

The whole "stop on a dime" just feels wrong to me. It wouldn't be so bad if there was a flash of thrusters in the opposite direction to explain why my inertia has suddenly gone from maximum to zero in a heartbeat but my brain just won't accept the current behaviour as it is. I do think the old interia falloff was too much but I think the change went too far. Maybe 10% of the old falloff would have been better.

• Like 3

29 минут назад, Firetempest сказал:

Realism fun.

Could the stop be slightly less jarring? yes. But I would not like the old inertia back.

Now flight is moving in three coordinates... as in any 3Ds Max, Maya, Blender.... And is that fun? (Probably moving in the editor is more fun)

Edited by Acryt

14 minutes ago, DupersDeBait said:

The old inertia was fine, you could counter it by either pointing yourself in the opposite direction and using your thrusters (and thus stopping almost on a dime while actually earning it), or simply switching to whichever the other flight mode was back then.

we're required to earn stopping now?

• Like 2

The new system is atrocious, and was made just so people would stop using Itzal, which didn't work at all, because the rest of the archwings are still as useless as they were  before that dumb update no one asked for. At least the Itzal still has the big suck ability.

Basically, a very "DE" update, they see something useful and popular everyone uses over anything else, and instead of asking themselves how can they improve those other, less useful things, they just ruin the useful and popular thing to the ground.

Edited by Celimbor
  • Like 1

Hell no, I hated sliding around like I stepped on a banana peel in space.

That excessive momentum was not realistic nor was it fun, it was obnoxious and made getting around in even free space a pain in the everything.

If you want a flight sim go play one, which likely has better momentum and physics than old Archwing ever had.

• Like 3

I would settle for something in between, experimental flight was working pretty well, but breaking was taking too long. Maybe if it could just be old experimental flight inertia if you will just release speed button, but countering that inertia would take at most a second, than it would be good.

21 минуту назад, Aldain сказал:

Hell no, I hated sliding around like I stepped on a banana peel in space.

That excessive momentum was not realistic nor was it fun, it was obnoxious and made getting around in even free space a pain in the everything.

If you want a flight sim go play one, which likely has better momentum and physics than old Archwing ever had.

The problem is that it was necessary to change only inertia, and not the entire system.

Edited by Acryt

5 minutes ago, Acryt said:

The problem is that it was necessary to change only inertia, and not the entire system.

It was mostly tied to flying in the open world to boot. Space flight was fine but it got scrapped because of one poorly implement mechanic in a poorly implemented area, inertia in skywing.