Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you like Fortuna's Content?

PainInTheLain

I absolutely love it. Obviously the question is about gameplay, but I do have to mention that the lore is fantastic.

But yeah. With Cetus I'm still struggling to actually get my way to top rank, but for Fortuna, I blitzed through it as quick as I could because it was so much fun. I still go back to the Vallis occasionally to get some fishing or mining done, because they streamlined it so well. The orbs, admittedly, I haven't done much of, but the Exploiter Orb's fight was incredible, as well as the lore and writing around it. 

Oh and I've flooded my Dojo with floofs because I got so many early on 😄
I need to keep collecting. 

Personally, I'd like it a lot better if there were a way to, temporarily, clear large sections of the map of Corpus for a while. Like, take over a base and it stops corpus spawning within that entire segment of the map. (If this already happens, pardon my stupidity)

My biggest issue with Fortuna (and the Plains) is that I tend to go there just to hunt animals, fish, or run K-Drive stuff, but Corpus and Grineer always seem to come across me and force me to stop hunting/fishing/planking and fight them. Like no, go away, if I wanted to fight you I'd be in a mission. I often wind up just taking my Everprowl Ivara and rolling from spot to spot letting my invisible Kavat take care of the enemies that get too close, but that's boring and kinda slow, not at all what I want from Plains/Vallis.

Obviously this shouldn't affect bounty running, taking over a base isn't that difficult.

Other than the free-roaming enemies, I absolutely 100% love Fortuna's content.

Excavators health scaling shows it's possible but they refuse to do it for the others.

Bounties, uhh I like most of it. Defending the coildrive happens to often and it's boring but I like the relic farm and such from it.

I like fishing and I like conservation but I despise fishing bait not having a blueprint. Just let people buy bait if they want and let people buy blueprints to craft out own. Warm/Cold cycle is a bit annoying with how short they are. At least make them equally as long.

I don't like how the somachord fragments are, if it's still the same as it was. With only 1 spawning at a time.

Thermia fractures, well I've only done it once and never touched them again after finishing.

• Like 2

It's a mixed bag for me. I really like the atmosphere and lore above all else. The people of Fortuna, the setting of oppression vs resistance and so on. The personality on enemies like the Profit Taker and Exploiter orbs are fantastic. The technological remnants of the Orokin like the towers or the servofish add lots of flavor.

I like the Exploiter orb fight, but I hate the Profit Taker one. Bounties get repetitive and boring. Collecting some resources, especially toroids, is very grindy and sometimes frustrating. K-drives are fun for a short while, but inferior in every way to archwings so there's no real point using them long-term. They are also extremely grindy to "level up". Conservation is, I don't know, OK I guess? I think I enjoy the idea of it more than the execution which is another type of grind, not very connected to anything else (which by itself is not bad). Thermia fractures are rather annoying and often lead to a disjointed gameplay when random players are present.

• Like 2

The absolute vast majority of it, yes!

On the minus side:

Thermia fractures - Not so fun or engaging I suppose. Stand inside a limbo bubble with a Mesa (or similar tactics) and repeat for 40 times? - Not fun.  And how does the digestion system work when people have their heads in their bellies? That is a seriously unsolved mystery.  Also wish they would have added some interesting alien fish instead of the robo-fish as they don't really peak my interest or imagination at all.

On the plus side, almost everything else!

Farming toroids was nice I thought, just keep at it and they will come to you at a predictable rate - I like that, my kind of grind. Learning to solo profit taker was hard, which is fun, so very nice. Didn't like the K-drives much in the beginning but once you build your own and mod it, it's pretty fun! Just wish the K-drives weren't next to useless compared to the archwings though.

The game would be poorer wihtout Fortuna, really nice place. I give it 8.5/10.     

Edited by Myrmel
  • Like 1

Mostly yes. Bounties are decent. I have not done Exploiter Orb, Profit Taker. Thermia Fractures, meh, boring.

My disappointment is for such a big map, the bounties are all done in very small portion in it. I was hoping for more open world content that encourages exploration. It has some of that, but it is mostly unrewarding.

Next open area maybe.

Edited by (PS4)thegarada
  • Like 3

In general, no. I spend very little time in Fortuna (and Cetus), because I think these two areas were never given enough love and care. Both are big and look good, but content-wise they are kind of hollow.

I think the bounty system is functional but far from being actually good. There's too much repetition, too much time spent moving from point A to point B (even more now that Itzal can't move as fast) and too many rewards you don't want.

The side activities (k-drive, fishing, mining, conservation) all feel like random minigames that were just shoved in there for the sake of variety. They could all be ten times better then they are but they were all left in a permanent unfinished state. Like bounties and many other things in Warframe, they were tweaked to the point of being functional and then abandoned.

Thermia Fractures is ok as a little side event but I have no reason to do it because I have all the rewards.

Profit Taker is one of those things that makes me wonder "Someone at DE actually played this and thought it was fun?". It used to be the worst thing Warframe had to offer but after the many tweaks I now only consider it to be annoying. I imagine it can be interesting to do it once or twice with a group of friends, but if you're doing it with randoms it just falls apart because of the elemental damage mechanics. The knockdowns, the finicky archwing weapon controls/cooldown, the instakills from random corpus soldiers and the overall mess are all negative points as well.

Exploiter Orb is my favorite thing in Fortuna. It's not amazing, but it feels like it was made to entertain you, not to frustrate you like Profit Taker. You can do it solo, you can do it with friends or you can do it with randoms. It works pretty well for the most part, but I wish warframe powers played a bigger role in this fight.

No interest in Vox Solaris. There's nothing there I want.

I like both of our open worlds however It's about time to expand on them and giving us more stuff to do.

It would be nice if we would get random missions but these missions would start by picking up or examining something like a fallen drone or a dead worker.

Edited by JackHargreav
Instead of Lotus barking at us constantly.
  • Like 1

Nope. Not even a little bit.

Both open world areas aren't what I want from an open world experience. They're too empty, static and boring. 

- Bounties - shallow and repetative. Not different or unique enough from the corridor style missions.

- Peer 2 peer, host migrations and constant trips back to town upset the flow and more time is spent loading than actually playing.

- zones themselves are empty and shallow. There aren't any interesting POIs, caves and structures have no treasure or loot, there's no interesting enemies roaming around. There's nothing of interest to interact with,  It's predictable and dull.

- k-drives = lol no thanks.

- time gated syndicate grinds with tiered resource gating? 

- another slog for operator items.

- another gimmick boss fight.

It's all just a piss poor distraction from a couple of progress bars. They can do better.

• Like 3

It was stuff to do, but I think of them both more like "Very large mission tiles." Effectively, both Plains and Orb Vallis are the same as the typical warframe mission (jump in, do it, get out). They just happen on a tileset with different-shaped walls.

As for the lore and storylines, those were actually pretty fun, much more so than Cetus and Plains-related lore. I got a kick out of it. Most of the story in Warframe I find to be completely uninteresting (Chains of Harrow was the exception), but Fortuna's weird characters were endearing. 

I love the environment, the fishing, the activities...my only gripe is the rep grind. Specifically the grind required for the archgun deployer. Otherwise it's a great zone with tons to do. Sometimes I just cruise around on my hoverboard doing tricks and trying to get as much air as possible.

I don't like the snow/outdoor environment

I don't like the bounties/hunting

I don't like the bosses

I do like the level of difficulty the orb vallas corpus can present

but I pretty much dislike all of it, I was turned off very quickly after release and haven't been back a whole lot after.

I do like the town and characters of fortuna, which is nice looking back at how few of other characters there are that I can stand in warframe.

It's good but could be great.

They need 3x the bounties spread out in areas that aren't currently used. There's tons of places in the vallis that I've only been to once just by stumbling across it while mining or whatnot.

Tons of work was put into both the vallis/plains maps but there's not nearly as many missions as you would expect. 

Imagine a cave mission on the plains where the grineer cut the power to make it dark like the rell missions. Spooky. 

I'd like it if the caves were more... interesting. Don't get me wrong OV's caves are beautiful, absolutely stunning, heck, most of the Vallis is gorgeous, but the caves should be more than just a museum tour with fishing/mining in it. As far as bounties go, yeah, the OV bounties don't go very far into the vallis, compared to PoE bounties which can hit almost any notable section on the map. In fact, I'm pretty sure the only places I haven't been to in the plains as part of a bounty are the area in the way back behind the river and... That one little hut at the base of Hek's Stiletto, the one on the edge of the shallow but large pond, you get to it by running almost straight out from the gate with a slight left for about... 400-600 meters. That's it.

Final bit I don't like is that they made the Corpus way less dangerous, I absolutely loved on release when the Corpus reacted like you just invaded a military base and started orbital drop teleporting, constant dropships, giant spider mechs and all sorts of abilities, it was amazing, I loved the danger and it felt thematic. Now you have to get to 4 star alert and be in a base with 3 other people to get the Corpus to be... Pretty dangerous.

I like how atmospheric it is. I like the setting, the world, the characters. I'm a sucker for dystopian stories and retro music/themes. I also have to give them props for making it visually appealing. It can get old seeing desert wastelands being overused as the go-to setting for the post-apocalypse, so I think a winter environment is nice and I think the industrial look inside of Fortuna is surprisingly pretty.

For that reason, I enjoy simply being in Fortuna and Orb Vallis. I like playing the game inside that environment. I almost think it is a shame that Archwings exist because I have the most fun in the Orb Vallis when I slow down, actively pay attention to my surroundings, and traverse on my k-drive from mission to mission.

Beyond that though, I'm not sure I'm in love with the actual gameplay loops. The fishing and mining novelty wore off pretty fast for me, as did the animal conservation. I think the bounties are better than the Plains, I even find the enemies to be somewhat more engaging and demanding of my attention than most of the star-chart. Overall I like it, I just wish they had pushed the gameplay parts a bit more and not just the environment. Right now, Fortuna is a great place to look at, but in terms of actual combat gameplay it doesn't really offer anything different.