Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you like Fortuna's Content?

PainInTheLain

The setting is great, the actives in bounties are extremely bad as it's mostly literal copies from previous content. There is however a gem in the reused missions, the case capture mode which is sorta like a mobile and fast interception. That's fun and slightly hectic. I also don't mind the excavations where you have to protect 3 at the same time. 

the one where you "hijack" the cycledrive thing, it's just a defense target. 

I like most of it but...

- k drives are zero fun for me grindy to get and not very fun

- the alert level (wanted level) system for enemy spawns makes the place a ghost town most of the time and theres not much challenge to be had most of the time because the game spawns pitiful amounts of enemies and the system as a whole seems buggy and inconsistant

- bounties take you to the 5 same locations over and over again when there is such a huge beautiful map to explore seeing the same 5 places constantly sucks

- mining and fishing are kind of painful compared to cetus because mining nodes and fish spawn areas are few and far between so you do ALOT of travel to get a pitance of resources

- conservation is fun when it works properly but its very buggy

but i do love...

- the art style

- the map and tileset

- new enemies

I don't particularly like the lore and settings but game play is actually pretty good although a bit on the messy side of things. Bounties are mostly fine when they are not glitching. Both orb fights are fine as well IMHO. If somebody is looking for a challenge, instead of usual boring 2 hour pointless endurance, you can go farm toroids and try to stay for an hour at alert level 4.

Look and atmosphere wise? A M A Z I N G.

But content wise or activities to do? Ehh, not so much. Most of the stuff in Fortuna are “one and done”, there is no reason to come back once you got everything you need.

Also, Thermia Fracture bounties with reward pools when DE?

4 hours ago, PainInTheLain said:

Bounties, K-Drives, Conservation, Thermia Fractures, Exploiter Orb, Profit Taker, Vox Solaris, Fishing.

Do you like the gameplay content there is here?

- Bounties are OK. they can get repetitive but then so do Plains Bounties and arguably every mission. I hear that coildrives are borked right now so might just wait for those to get fixed. not much reason for me to do those bounties now though.

- K-drives are good AND bad. on one hand they are a fun way of getting around, I much prefer them over Archwing, but the way you level them is absolutely god awful, and I can't stand the Vent kids. if Trick Points were converted 1:1 into affinity rather than divided by 3 or whatever the garbage formula we currently have is, I'd be fine with it, but right now they take FAR too long to get MR points for. also doesn't help that I can't stand the Vent Kids; I hate most kids anyway, but they annoy me.

- Conservation can suck a fat one. a lot of messing around for not a lot of reward, and WHO DECIDED THE TRACKS SHOULD BE WHITE?!!! ON SNOW!!?? god that drives me nuts. maybe if it got a total rework I'd try it but right now, no thanks. thank god it's only for floofs that I don't really care about.

- Thermia Fractures were ok, and it got me an Opticor Vandal, which is one sweet-a$$ laser cannon. I don't ever need to do them again, but I recommend others do, just because Opticor Vandal is a beast.

- Exploiter is actually quite fun and easy to re-run, making it great for amassing large amounts of resources. Lazuli Toroids also mean not having to do Profit-Taker for Vox Rep.

- Profit Taker.. eeh, it has potential but also plenty flaws, mainly it being a CC nightmare, and I've also seen far more connection and migration issues there than anywhere else. the run up missions weren't too bad, but then I needed Atmo systems... sigh.. and now I can still see the inside of the goddamn Enrichment labs in my sleep. seriously.. F**k Atmo Systems, Praise Vox rank 3 so i can buy them now.

- Vox is OK for having good Amp Parts, but then they ask for Atmo and Repeller systems and Crisma Toroids, and then I want to head-butt a brick wall because it would hurt less.

- Fishing - which some people hate - I actually love, especially with the Stunna Spear, it becomes super easy. Nightwave asks for Vallis Fish? no problem whatsoever, especially since now they tell you what fish drop each parts, and the Bait tells you where the fish spawn and at what time. the caves look awesome as well.

overall it's a pretty mixed bag, some good, some bad, a couple things that downright annoy me (why.. WHY are the Tracks WHITE?!), hopefully Fortuna will get a remaster/revisit like what Plains of Eidolon had, so we can rekindle our interest in Fortuna and the Vallis.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

4 hours ago, PainInTheLain said:

This is a pretty broad question but I want to know people's opinion on the matter.

Bounties, K-Drives, Conservation, Thermia Fractures, Exploiter Orb, Profit Taker, Vox Solaris, Fishing.

Not really.

Open World content is a neat gimmick, but being forced to go through it to get arguably necessary stuff is a major drag. Having it happen twice in a row nearly killed the game for me.
The double rep grind is largely the reason for why I hate it as it has to do with engagement design and not player competency. The bounties are pretty bad, they drag on and are too much about waiting around.

K-drives is a fun idea for people who like pro skating games, but locking all the benefits behind a massive grind wall (pun partially intended) is beyond stupid when you have archwings that are a lot faster/more practical, offer more abilities and the cosmetics actually work. It's a prime example of feature creep and how DE struggles to finish anything.

Conservation is cool, it's an alternative rep-grind and isn't necessary at all. It's a bit fidgety and DE cares too much about whether using abilities makes it too easy, but whatever.

The orb bosses are yet again invincible things that are mechanics driven. I hate warframe bosses with a passion, because they represent the ultimate issue DE has with their game: They don't know how to handle the freedom and customizability they've given people. They don't know how to balance a challenge, because they keep piling on to the problem instead of fixing fundamental issues.

I like the town itself although it's pretty one-sided and over represented in the competent women's department while all the men are kinda jokes (a drag queen though s/he's my favourite character in Fortuna, an outsider sort of more interested in conservation than his community, a stupid youth and an old guy with no interest for anything but geology).
My point isn't that it can't be like that, it's just that every game since a couple years back has desperately tried to avoid tough guys in favor of tough women and it's boring and predictable.
That being said, all the characters are genuinly good, with the exception of Eudico who just doesn't seem like she's a very good leader. I could list things but it's turning into a rant.

The visuals, sounds and aesthetics are all very good and a good showcase for DE's competency in how to make things flashy. The rest lags behind though.

6 hours ago, PainInTheLain said:

This is a pretty broad question but I want to know people's opinion on the matter.

Not nearly as much.  IMO it was a more complex re-invention of PoE that was no where near as fun.  I’m still struggling to find the motivation to finish major parts of it.

The intro was amazing and the song amazing and it’s bigger and “fancier”, but orbs and k-drives and conservation and much of the rest?

If I had to choose only One, I’m “Early Lunch for Konzu” every day and twice on Sundays and throwing Fortuna into the Sun.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

I only visit it when Nightwave requires it. I'm not fan of the mcGuffin farms at those specific three sites and their drop rates. I dislike the bounties but I also dislike the bounties in POE...

I don't know, I'm more a Monster Hunter World school of thought with bosses wandering around to fight like the Thumpers and Eidolons...where as the two Orbs are simply un-fun or hidden behind a XP farm I really could care less about finishing. I know I know negative nancy, but they asked.

9 hours ago, PainInTheLain said:

For the most part I do. I absolutely hate the K-Drives and races though, I'd rather traverse on foot then crash into some errant piece of terrain at break neck speed and go flying from the board at the worst time. And I do not like the Profit Taker fight, seriously, its just more annoying then fun. Thermia fractures seem more a novelty, like do it once get the prizes and then promptly ignore it.

Conservation gets you floofs, if you like that sort of thing. And fishing can be relaxing, or an easy way to build up standing for yet another syndicate. Although the Toroids for little Duck are obnoxious, I can never get the ones I need to rank up to drop.

I guess outside of that, if the fact that I go to Orb Vallis to run around and such far more then the Plains of Eidolon since I don't have constant draygons annoying me on-top of those stupid walking tanks and ghouls is an indicator of how much I do like the place. Well, there you go.

9 hours ago, PainInTheLain said:

I love it all with ONE exception:

RNG on Atmo/Repeller and other Systems...
Really if we could get them from standings of Fortuna it would be nice .. instead of very very very rare drop chance ( 200 runs no drop )

50/50. Dont really like that most interesting places used only for toroids farm in difference with PoE. And mining is very annoying. But yes its fine and kind of fun in this uncompleted pseudo open world design. Wanna more but DE makes a lot of other cool things with game so i can forgive them some flaws.

I think that open worlds in warframe are grossly underused and underdeveloped. I honestly dont understand it, the possibilities are countless, everything is already there, there is just a need to arrange it differently, give it purpose and life. 

Its kinda fine with Poe as the poeple are behind an impenetrable wall and are fishers and miners mostly without the means to fight (yeah zaws are beasts, but its a gun to knife fight) . Thats why its acceptable that its only tenno fight, thou i honestly dont feel any need to do anything there and its one of the only two non enemy settlements in the warframe universe which is a huge lore/rpg dissapoitment. Why there are no fishermans out on plains for me to protect and get home safely, why grineer do not pound on the unum tower, why there are no bombardments of cetus? And corresponding missions for me to complete to save the day? All bounties are same i am fighting against, but actually there is no fighting for something. I dont get any ground, i dont change the status of plains ever.. Why? 

Its even worse in fortuna, because those folks are fighters. My favourite is zuud, the only broken character in warframe, like really broken. Its wonderful and feelings wise.. orb mother is the only thing i destroy with a sense of pleasure in revenge departament, but why not go deeper.. 

Lets imagine a different orb vallis. Your first visit starts with orb mother on its walk to fortuna. You cant defeat her nor disable it, you just watch as it tears through fortuna and destroys it and kills a lot of the inhabitants. Your mission is to save as many people as you can and hide them in caves, there are missions for each of the known characters. Your reputation is negative, the people of fortuna dont trust you and hate you because you let this happen. Fortuna is completely destroyed so the next step is to rebuild it like a dojo thou people/devs dictate most of it so you are just doing missions for resources, protection, defense and relief. Also you help them restock and arm themselves (thats how you get kitguns). Corpus is striking the caves all the time in intervals, tries hard to destroy what you build, but you found a way to keep orbs at bay - you dont destroy them in huge explosions you just immobilise and destroy their parts so corpus needs to haul them back and repair. When you rebuild fortuna its when you first hear them singing their song, you earn their trust. With your help they battle corpus for control over orb vallis, its like invasions, but one sided. They are your folk with heads in a strange place, you are needed there tenno like for real - if you dont stop the orbs in the cycle they destroy fortuna and you are back at the begining but worse (much harder to regain lost trust), there are few missions to complete to prolong the fight, but each 1-2 months you need to break 2 orbs. Thats just an idea, the way is what matters. A living place with folks you care about that you want to fight for. 

Right now orb vallis is empty for me, it has zero life, the song instead of making me soft inside started to irritate me and i honestly dont feel any need to do anything there. Orbs are not really great thou fighting orb mother is actually fun, the second one is a shyt show (i can solo it np, but i just dont like being constantly pushed in every possible direction, screen shake is not my thing). Of course i am a completionist so i do have absolutely everything from fortuna including two sets of each and every arcane. Bounties were bugged and undoable last time i was there, i dont really like fishing and mining, but dont mind it from time to time. Conservation is broken near all the caves which irritates me, but its an ok sidetask, just to frequent imo in nw. 

When i first heard fortuna song i couldnt be more thrilled and happy.. Now i couldnt care less about anything about fortuna. I am not really that hard to please, so that is an achievment of some kind on de part. 

Would have to say no, don't like it whatsoever.

1. Don't like getting blinded by the snow everytime I enter.

2. I, like most people, just got done farming all of PoE when this came out. Coupled with DE not updating the plains, then pretty much slapping everything from PoE into Fortuna (ie. Bounties, fishing, hunting etc.) made it unappealing. 

3. The charecter designs, imho, are flat out stupid and questionable. Like oh hey let's make a robot who's head is hanging from his crotch with a TV for a stomach with arms coming out the front. Why?

4. K-drives, more pointless than archwings.