Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you like Fortuna's Content?

PainInTheLain

To put it simply , lacking .

We have this amazingly large nd beautifull land scape wich is mostly empty and devoid meaning or mechanics , we have some interesting caves , some areas are used for bounties like enrichment labs wich is nice but 90% of map is just waisted , we have two areas who are used for toroid farms only , space port is bloody huge it could house hijack mission in side it while temple of profit is unfinished wich feels like lazy desine .

Plains of eidolon had same problem but not on the same scale as valis , not to mention we still have some missing content like primary kitguns , thrid orb mother and who knows what els .

To me its a mixed bag , some I liked some I didnt like , over all I would prefer if DE didnt made empty open worlds at all .

Edited by bad4youLT
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, IIDMOII said:

Nope. Not even a little bit.

Both open world areas aren't what I want from an open world experience. They're too empty, static and boring. 

- Bounties - shallow and repetative. Not different or unique enough from the corridor style missions.

- Peer 2 peer, host migrations and constant trips back to town upset the flow and more time is spent loading than actually playing.

- zones themselves are empty and shallow. There aren't any interesting POIs, caves and structures have no treasure or loot, there's no interesting enemies roaming around. There's nothing of interest to interact with,  It's predictable and dull.

- k-drives = lol no thanks.

- time gated syndicate grinds with tiered resource gating? 

- another slog for operator items.

- another gimmick boss fight.

It's all just a piss poor distraction from a couple of progress bars. They can do better.

I feel the same, after a 273 day break I came back to play with old friends and try new warframes and I still dreaded going to POE lol but I needed those darn mats for grendel. Its just boring to me 

I actually love the "setting" of fortuna. 

I like K-drive, enemies and the landscape. I wish it wasn't so 1 dimensional. I wish the open world was more interractive and had some form of a sustainable content. Because after maxing out the rep and getting all the relevant stuff, it becomes pointless go there because by that time you've already ran the same bounty missions a million times and it is boring as hell..

Fortuna(and POE for that matter) is a beautiful package with nothing inside. Completely hollow, and it feels like such beautiful design is going to waste.

I love the K-drives, fishing, environment/landscape.
The hidden bits to find are nice, and help give life to each bit of the map.

The bounties above lvl 3 are a bit hellish until you get to Vox Solaris bounties, which are purely hellish.
No amount of drops make me want to fight the profit taker orb or high end bounties.

The enemies at lvl 45 hit like lvl 120s, so there's no comfortable range of combat units to fight.
The knockdown out of archwing rattles my onions.
The animal hunts are buggy as ever.
Most enemies get Nullifier bubbles which is just tragically off-putting.

If the enemies didn't hit so hard, most of my problems would be sorted.
So, as I do now, I set down the bounty to 1, and ignore the enemies entirely.
That is the only way I will bother with Orb Vallis.

It's an open world to goof off in, but not a fun place to engage enemies or bounties.

I personally had mostly bad experience with it and i'm trying to avoid it as much as possible.

Quest was very cool: "we are Solaris United and this tenno is our messenger". Yeee, i like it. The rest i don't like. I mean, how long has it been since Fortuna release, a year or so? I maxed Solaris United rep couple of weeks ago only because i suspect it might be useful for railjack. Every time i join, people are standing in one place and farming something (toroids), often argue with each other about how to do something or what to do. Please leave me out of this, i would rather prefer to play the game than to stand in one place, but maybe it's just me.

Fractures - absolutely hate it. I love how easy it is for the other missions to jump in into squad with other people and play together, but fractures are not very well explained, it's not clear what you need to do, it doesn't give you reward if someone jammed that baton too soon, there is always that guy who complains about "suboptimal squad composition" or whatever. I just don't like it, it doesn't look like a good co-op mode.

Bounties - eeeh, there is a mission that drops mutagen mass, that's good. But those missions feels rather like a job you have to do for rep. You know what i'm saying? I like Warframe because i play the game and it gives me loot for playing the game, here i need to run missions to get rep and i need rep to build a frame with gems because gems are in blueprint, and i need a week of daily logins or something like that to farm rep to level up standing, then another couple of days to farm rep for gem, then go and mine gems. It's just feels tedious and not fun, so i still don't build Gauss. Gauss is probably good frame, i just didn't feel like farming all that stuff.

Fishing and hunting - would be a big fan if it wasn't so frustrating, if i could fish without being shot constantly. If only there was like an area where enemies do not spawn or spawn very rarely, so i can fish or hunt as much as i like. Also bugs. That bird you can not hit just drove me nuts, like literally (as opposed to figuratively), it was so frustrating that i Alt+F4-ed.

I mean, if you like it - by all means, knock yourself out, but it would be nice if they don't lock anything behind rep from their open worlds. Thank you for understanding.

And to add something constructive: i think it would help if they would make dedicated missions for open worlds like they did for Eudolon hunt on Earth. Hunting - a mission, fishing - a mission, etc, so people with common interest could join up more easily. Maybe it could help, IDK.

I generally enjoy the content. However toroid drop rate as a solo is ridiculously low. Maybe as a way to get players into thermia fracture events would be to have toroids drop 20% from the enemies you have to kill to get coolant or a guaranteed toriod of random type at each successful fracture closure. Plus maybe some aerial combat with archwing when you fly above a certain height. Make it reasonably high so as to still be able to travel by archwing without too much harassment. Possibly underwater archwing content on larger lakes or even under water caverns. Maybe add these as extra toroid drop sites with higher rate. Anyway mining is good and missions are nice and challenging.

Edited by Foxavyr
spelling

It's a nice place but it seems under utilised. Places like the orokin dig site for instance ... it would be nice if some new areas were utilised occasionally.

I'd enjoy the animal captures if there was a decent chance things would show up/get hit by tranc when called. I've completely ignored this when Nightwave called for it because I'm fed up with wasting so much time on this in the state it's in.

On 2019-12-05 at 11:42 AM, (PS4)thegarada said:

Mostly yes. Bounties are decent. I have not done Exploiter Orb, Profit Taker. Thermia Fractures, meh, boring.

My disappointment is for such a big map, the bounties are all done in very small portion in it. I was hoping for more open world content that encourages exploration. It has some of that, but it is mostly unrewarding.

Next open area maybe.

I'd love to see MUCH MORE activity for both open worlds such as enemy ambushes and on the spot hidden missions.

1 hour ago, Butterfly85 said:

It's a nice place but it seems under utilised. Places like the orokin dig site for instance ... it would be nice if some new areas were utilised occasionally.

I'd enjoy the animal captures if there was a decent chance things would show up/get hit by tranc when called. I've completely ignored this when Nightwave called for it because I'm fed up with wasting so much time on this in the state it's in.

Exactly, also the lure business is ridiculous in my opinion. It should simply consume a lure, like fish baits do, I have never been able to do that calling mini-game as I can't listen to the audio and have no idea what's happening and it's just hopeless. 

On 2019-12-06 at 9:56 PM, 32768 said:

Bounties - eeeh, there is a mission that drops mutagen mass, that's good. But those missions feels rather like a job you have to do for rep. You know what i'm saying? I like Warframe because i play the game and it gives me loot for playing the game, here i need to run missions to get rep and i need rep to build a frame with gems because gems are in blueprint, and i need a week of daily logins or something like that to farm rep to level up standing, then another couple of days to farm rep for gem, then go and mine gems. It's just feels tedious and not fun, so i still don't build Gauss. Gauss is probably good frame, i just didn't feel like farming all that stuff.

Yup, in all the time you grind for Gauss/Garuda etc., you can simply open relics and get the frame from the plat you make. (That's what I did, doesn't mean everyone does it, but it's just a side effect of the things you mentioned.)

Edited by --C--Nehra