Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Conclave - The Old Blood Experience

Kontrollo

This video about sums up the issues we have to deal with right now. And they not only go unaddressed, but aren't even acknowledged at all:

TL;DW (not comprehensive):

• It's been over a month now.
  • Bugs and issues have been gathered and posted by dedicated people to the forums -- no reaction.
  • 2 people supposedly dedicated to Conclave. They aren't.
  • Some footage of problems.
  • The "racing mode"/"Warframekart" is mentioned by Steve, though. (Priorities not on bugs I'd wager?)
  • Rant. 😅
  • Please fix already.

Edit: In case it wasn't clear already -- I've only posted this here, all credit goes to @BricK_DragoN.

Edited by Kontrollo
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Kontrollo said:

This video about sums up the issues we have to deal with right now. And they not only go unaddressed, but aren't even acknowledged at all:

TL;DW (not comprehensive):

• It's been over a month now.
  • Bugs and issues have been gathered and posted by dedicated people to the forums -- no reaction.
  • 2 people supposedly dedicated to Conclave. They aren't.
  • Some footage of problems.
  • The "racing mode"/"Warframekart" is mentioned by Steve, though. (Priorities not on bugs I'd wager?)
  • Rant. 😅
  • Please fix already.

Yeah, that video just about sums up my frustrations with the current status of conclave.

• Like 3

Great video. Show it to your friends! 

It shows what's currently the biggest flaw of conclave. Through negligence DE has broke conclave yet again. PvE changes bleeding over to conclave and breaking it is sadly nothing new. Kind of sad that it's nothing surprising at this point. 

DE, please, if you don't want to fix conclave, and make it a proper, fully fleshed out gamemode, just don't break what's already broken. 

• Like 3

Warframe kart would be pretty cool. I still hop into conclave from time to time... I will admit i don't pay that much attention to it anymore. So much PVE grind to do. I'm not surprised it's gone unfixed though. Pretty sure the PvP guys are also the weapon design guys.

I still believe in this community and it Devs, as foolish as it may seem to some. DE had a hand in Unreal Tournament and developed a game that every big publisher thought would surely fail. They can do it with conclave and all its potential it can bring. Also, please stop fighting over Devs attention for PvP or PvE. Together we are the people who make up this amazing community, Warframe is a mixture of all our passions. 

• Like 1

Just now, sanghije said:

I still believe in this community and it Devs, as foolish as it may seem to some. DE had a hand in Unreal Tournament and developed a game that every big publisher thought would surely fail. They can do it with conclave and all its potential it can bring. Also, please stop fighting over Devs attention for PvP or PvE. Together we are the people who make up this amazing community, Warframe is a mixture of all our passions. 

Always nice to see you around Sang, voice of reason amongst the conclave community. 

And I'm 100% sure that they could pull Conclave off if only they would put just a tiny bit of effort into it.

A widely enjoyed PvP gamemode can't hurt too much,even in a PvE focused game, right? 

• Like 2

Oh right and before I forget it, the video doesn't even mention bugs like the "Reload While Holstered" mods not working for clients, and Lunaro having Host/Client issues now, too.

Any threads you guys want to link for those? I think it's not in the one just posted above.

• Like 1

I'm seriously bewildered why DE isn't putting more work into Conclave to keep its player base alive and healthy. Sure the game is pve... etc. etc., but there used to be so many geeks grinding hard and forming play styles on the maximum possible the engine would allow, discovering and figuring out many problems with movement or weapon/warframe behavior at first... incomprehensible 

But instead it got left to die, ignored for more than 2 years now with little to no significant development or communication towards the community behind it, despite its high replay value.

• Like 1

Just now, Kontrollo said:

Oh right and before I forget it, the video doesn't even mention bugs like the "Reload While Holstered" mods not working for clients, and Lunaro having Host/Client issues now, too.

Any threads you guys want to link for those? I think it's not in the one just posted above.

Might aswell link it, that bug has been annoying me a lot lately. Same for the magazine cap increase mods not loading your gun fully when you spawn. 

• Like 3

Just now, Loxyen said:

I'm seriously bewildered why DE isn't putting more work into Conclave to keep its player base alive and healthy. Sure the game is pve... etc. etc., but there used to be so many geeks grinding hard and forming play styles on the maximum possible the engine would allow, discovering and figuring out many problems with movement or weapon/warframe behavior at first... incomprehensible 

But instead it got left to die, ignored for more than 2 years now with little to no significant development or communication towards the community behind it, despite its high replay value.

There is so much wasted potential with what DE is currently doing to conclave. It is unironically, arguably the best arena shooter currently on the market and it being hung out to dry for no reason. I remember when Kannell would post his movement videos too, that stuff was cash.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, (XB1)Chroma Prime said:

I agree with the content that is shown in the video. I remember when conclave wasn't like this, so I know how good it can be. It would be very easy for DE to go back and revert these changes for conclave but I think something is holding them back. I wait with bated breaths, Digital Extremes.

And the crazy thing is, it would be easy for them to do. They literally just have to press a few buttons and mess with the numbers. It wouldnt affect anything because conclave stats are seperate from PvE stats.

• Like 3

And nobody can say we wouldn't be vocal about what stuff goes wrong the worst at any time in Conclave... But with the Old Blood update the whole melee changes overshadowed everything else dramatically.

Like that stuff:

Spoiler

Just for the sake of completion, Lunaro has been posted on in other places, too. This one here is in the official megathread:

On 2019-11-04 at 3:17 PM, Neuroszima said:

Dear @[DE]Danielle

Playing most of Warframe's player versus environment content i decided to try the player versus player side of Warframe, specifically mode called Lunaro. Before Update 26 most of the things were working like it were in the past, for example, Twitch Devstream Rebbeca and Megan hosted long ago. Now however, many features of gameplay has been bugged to the point lunaro gamemode lost 95% of it's functionality, if not more. Following list is a list of bugs that have been encountered during "NEW" gameplay, some of them has a video proof of not working:

1. NONE of the actions work in the air in the lunaro game mode. One can't throw the ball if in possesion, cannot reflect it with attack from "mouse 1", "E", "R" keybindings, which are default for this mode. Restoring keybindings to default does nothing. Checking action cannot be performed while in air.
2. Checking combo is totaly different than what it was before the U26 came to PC. "quick melee" action in this mode was to dash into a player, with a range of approximately 8 metres, now one has to perform 2 "kick" moves before performing a dash, resulting in a player being not able to move/barley move through the entire duration of a combo, only to see opposing player escaping, creating unbalance in the game mode.
3. As far as i remember the aim glide time a player had in the lunaro was longer, or the rate at which gravity start affect a player with a ball is far greater and far more noticeable than before, that needs a fix.
4. Client related bug, which after making ball unstable with the "dash" check action, ball doesn't gain any movement speed/momentum, staying in the same place on the ground as it were.
5. Client bug related to the ball throw strength from "mouse 1". The sensitivity for client throw actions is way different than that for host players, resulting in the difference of throwing ball with low amount of strenght, or with greater strenght. Almost all of the throws as a client player become "power throws" (stronger version), since the window/time limit in which a game reads players input as light throw is very short/narrow, compared to host.

video proof of 1. and 2. issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMMb0DNxupg
video proof of 4. and 5. issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXETN9AbD6E

All of those bugs that were introduced, are cause by melee changes. The shift of many combos on many different stances, propably touched lunaro as well, making it not enjoyable and not balanced. Take a note, that unstable ball shots, another main feature of game mode, due to these changes ARE NOT POSSIBLE TO BE DEFENDED. This cause a huge balance issue, that needs to be adressed all at once. My guess is that game treats the Arcata as melee weapon, thus changes made globally negatively impact the gameplay in this mode. A possible fix would be to get back to previous Arcata stance combo set, and leave it. I am not aware what causes the issue with not being able to make any action in air, as every other pve melee weapon i so far used, have their attacks in air possible to make. I tried to use the introduced "mouse 3" heavy attack in lunaro, but i don't see that option in lunaro keybindings, and i belive it was never an option in this gamemode.

• Like 1

Yes i agree, and i want to add  a little bit visibility here

Bug appeared in chimera update, still not fixed (when someone throws ball it can go wrong direction, especially when moving forward and throwing down/left,  affects host more than client )

50 seconds

and this one: (30 seconds)

Appeared in update 25 or 26 and is not fixed too.  (client's hits do not send ball any velocity, but all is fine with host)

Edited by tukan165
  • Like 1