Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Carrier Is Greedy And Wasteful

Volt_Cruelerz

Simply put, the Carrier will grab anything nearby you need without consideration for which things it has already pulled towards you.  As such, it wastes pickups because it can pull five energy orbs to you when you only needed one.  The other four are simply wasted.

This needs to stop.  Please let the carrier have an internal counter or something of when it picks something up so that it doesn't waste drops like that.

EDIT: I have never seen the extra ones get returned to their starting locations.  They just vanish for me :(

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

For me it picks up everything, but if I'm full on, say, energy, the extra orbs teleport back to where they were.

I never payed attention to what happens when multiples are picked up.

But that was mainly cause i only used him with Mr. Desecrate and there were always extras anyway.

I have noticed that when I use an ability all orbs in the area will be Vacuumed, but only what I need is consumed; the rest return to their original positions on the ground.

If you are not host, perhaps lag may cause you to take it all in at once, but I have not really had any problems wasting ammo/energy/health with Carrier on solo.

*OCD Makes me impulse reload the 1 bullet I used of my Braton Prime*

*Sentinel Picks up Rifle Ammo I purposely avoided*

*Rage quit*

I always reload that one shot no matter what I'm using and that dumb carrier feels the need to replenish my ammo. It's one damn bullet!

Considering thats what its designed to do, just grab everything, this isn't really surprising. But if its an issue, perhaps using a different sentinel is the answer, especially since you can just take carrier's shotgun and wedge it into dethcube's or wyrm's or even shade's little weapon spot.

And the extra that is over filling your stuff is simply dropped back to its original position. So its not quite that wasteful. And I'll sometimes use it to clean up an area on defense, reduce the lag a little by shooting off a couple bullets on my acrid with pistol ammo mutation, then have it vac it up. 

Or could just not equip vacuum onto the sentinel in question. That works too. 

Just saying. Not trying to be condescending, or insulting. Sorry if I come off that way, its not intentional. Just trying to offer practical solutions that exist within the current game as it exists.

Rage quitting because a sentinel does exactly what it's supposed to do is a bit stupid. Now, Shade ghosting you when you're using Absorb, that's a problem. Carrier vacuuming ammo when you reload is its function. If you don't like the function there's other sentinels.

For me it picks up everything, but if I'm full on, say, energy, the extra orbs teleport back to where they were.

Same thing for me. When I need one orb and the sent pull 5, my energy resplenish and the 4 orbs return to their previous place. Well, when it's not lagging at least... :D