Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please let us use our weapons while riding our K-Drives!

IamLoco

So many times I thought to myself "If only we could use our weapons on those K-Drives, we´d be using them a lot more".

I personally really like the idea, the concept and the feeling of K-Drives. They steer very well and it´s actually a lot of fun using them.

But in comparison to Archwings, they have one major disadvantage (besides being slower): You have to cancel the ride to shoot or use your melee.

Why can we use guns with archwings but not with K-Drives? It would be SO much fun! And I don´t think this would create a major balance problem anywhere. Using them in heavy fights (Eidolons, Orbs) would still be a "No Go" as those fights rely heavily on warframe abilities or pick ups (containers in exploiter orb fight) or archguns (profit taker) and you´d get knocked off the boards way too often.

So - please? At least let us use our side arms. Hands are free! No steering wheel! Why can´t I pull a gun and fire?

Edited by IamLoco

8 minutes ago, Grey_Star_Rival_Defender said:

If you could fire guns on a K-Drive, there’s a good chance of only getting off the K-Drive to recast Warframe buffs. 

It would replace bullet jumping with gliding. Why would this be a huge problem?

Interacting with mission or bounty objectives, hacking, mining, fishing,.... it would all require getting off those boards.

Why would replacing running with gliding be a huge problem?

For fast travel we would still use the archwings anyway.

Edited by IamLoco
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

So, what buttons would you suggest we use for tricks, or do we just cancel tricks while guns are out?

easy tap F changes between skateboarding and firearms and hold F dismounts the skateboard

honestly figuring out the keybinding isnt really a problem tap F could just change between guns and skateboard instantly

Edited by 8faiNt
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, IamLoco said:

It would replace bullet jumping with gliding. Why would this be a huge problem?

Interacting with mission or bounty objectives, hacking, mining, fishing,.... it would all require getting off those boards.

Why would replacing running with gliding be a huge problem?

For fast travel we would still use the archwings anyway.

OR It can be a juicy way of combining warframes and skateboards for FIGHT It could give us a reason to use it they could even give skateboards skill to use

30 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

So, what buttons would you suggest we use for tricks, or do we just cancel tricks while guns are out?

I guess if you really want to grind a rail while firing, a simple button remapping shouldn´t be the issue. 🙂

1 minute ago, IamLoco said:

I guess if you really want to grind a rail while firing, a simple button remapping shouldn´t be the issue. 🙂

What I mean is that the fire and scope/block are already being used for the K-drive.

I could see hitting swap weapon allowing you to opt out of held tricks for guns.
Do we implement melee, even though no stances would work?
Daggers would be a real waste.
Projectile weapons would also potentially fail.. if the K-drive moves as fast as the projectile, might be some problems.

It would be neat.

...I'm still waiting for Fishing on K-drive. 😃
Weapons on K-drive would be super fun, but would have some unique challenges.

1 hour ago, Marksuckerberg said:

So whats the problem

This

I'm surprised that k-drives weren't the primary movement system when Fortuna released. The only time I use one is going down that giant ramp into the cave during the plague star event. No guns and no different k-drives is just kinda sad.

Could have had a travel mode or something that made it a slower but still maneuverable archwing just for vallis stuff. Instead we just fly over everything and barely touch the ground.

I am pretty sure DE discussed that topic before releasing K-Drives.

"Should we allow them to fight while riding or not?"

And then they decided against it. And I really wonder, why?

K-Drives are super nice and they feel so smooth. The only reason I barely use them is because mounting - dismounting - shooting - mounting is tedious and completely destryos that smooth feeling.

8 hours ago, 8faiNt said:

easy tap F changes between skateboarding and firearms and hold F dismounts the skateboard

honestly figuring out the keybinding isnt really a problem tap F could just change between guns and skateboard instantly

makes sence that is how melee works I would personally give them the option to use arc guns as mentioned by the vent kid in the mission where you steal a gyro mag the components use to make the arc gun work on land is the same as what you use to make the boards

2 hours ago, Firetempest said:

Just secondaries only would be nice.

As an Akarius user, this would probably just get me killed a lot. 🙂

Seriously, when I got those pistols, I thought the part of the description that said the explosives activate at a certain distance was just window-dressing to explain why they wouldn't do self-damage.  Then, one day while out in Orb Vallis, I fired them off at a group of enemies while coming in for a landing from my archwing.  I was dead the instant I touched the ground and had no idea why.  After I accidentally killed a clanmate with them during an Index run, I realized the description was factual.

I don't see why not. We can use our weapons while in Archwing, which is a faster mod of travel, and even opens the door to some overpowered abilities. If you haven't used Amesha to cheese bounties, give it a look and realize how stupid it is that Amesha exists on the Vallis or Plains.

As for guns on K-Drives? Nothing would please me more than to do a triple backflip with a front flip then light up some poor foolish Corpus just patrolling around. It isn't about how practical it is. I want them to feel insulted. That I put more effort into looking amazing instead of effort into killing them. Lemme style on the Corpus. Show Nef what's what.

5 hours ago, IamLoco said:

I am pretty sure DE discussed that topic before releasing K-Drives.

"Should we allow them to fight while riding or not?"

And then they decided against it. And I really wonder, why?

K-Drives are super nice and they feel so smooth. The only reason I barely use them is because mounting - dismounting - shooting - mounting is tedious and completely destryos that smooth feeling.

I think the reason they voted against it is because we wanted to be able to use our weapons on it. It would have been the smart thing to do. They are following the de pattern 

All they need to do is separate movement and combat modes.

Personally, I wanted K-Drives to act like the Cyclone from Robotech and connect to the Warframe's feet allowing for high-speed combat. I still think Warframes should be able to cast abilities in combat mode, but the K-Drive would enhance combat abilities depending on the components use to build the K-Drive.

This would make K-Drives an asset in open world combat and allow for a quick transition from movement to combat. This would also allow Warframes the option to enter interiors while still connected to their K-Drive.

EDIT: Enhanced abilities could include increased sprint and bullet jump speeds, damaging contrails of different elements, kinetic barriers that charge as you move allowing for limited shield gating, energy cells that store power the more you move, the ability to hover over water (fishing will never be the same!), etc. All of these would be passive but would benefit each warframe differently. This would give each K-Drive component actual value and make them desired in combat. Players might actually regret not having access to K-Drives for once.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph

On 2019-12-05 at 11:56 PM, Grey_Star_Rival_Defender said:

If you could fire guns on a K-Drive, there’s a good chance of only getting off the K-Drive to recast Warframe buffs. 

Plz let us fire guns and use powers on K-Drive. 

12 hours ago, (PS4)chubbslawson said:

I think the reason they voted against it is because we wanted to be able to use our weapons on it. It would have been the smart thing to do. They are following the de pattern 

"I'm just a little black rain cloud,
hovering over your honey tree..
Only a little black rain cloud,
pay no attention, to me."

DE does not steer their ship by the opposite of user sentiment.
They'd have been spinning in circles without a single update this whole time.
Hope you don't genuinely have that impression.

On 2019-12-06 at 8:52 AM, IamLoco said:

So many times I thought to myself "If only we could use our weapons on those K-Drives, we´d be using them a lot more".

I personally really like the idea, the concept and the feeling of K-Drives. They steer very well and it´s actually a lot of fun using them.

But in comparison to Archwings, they have one major disadvantage (besides being slower): You have to cancel the ride to shoot or use your melee.

Why can we use guns with archwings but not with K-Drives? It would be SO much fun! And I don´t think this would create a major balance problem anywhere. Using them in heavy fights (Eidolons, Orbs) would still be a "No Go" as those fights rely heavily on warframe abilities or pick ups (containers in exploiter orb fight) or archguns (profit taker) and you´d get knocked off the boards way too often.

So - please? At least let us use our side arms. Hands are free! No steering wheel! Why can´t I pull a gun and fire?

Well i wish we could at least use secondaries and throwing weapons!!!

The problem with k-drives is they are completely separate from the main game.  There is absolutely no reason to ever own one other than MR.  None.  So DE can make a decent skater game, who cares.  The races are neat, but I also don't care. I don't play Warframe for snow board racing.  

Now a skater game with guns, I'm interested.  If we could fight on them, they would gain in popularity.  As it is now, I don't even map it to my key binding like I do archwing.

Why would I? 

• Like 1