Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Iron Skin

2Phoenix2

First of all, you have no understanding of how Iron Skin works. It's not duration controlled, rather it last for a certain amount of damage taken. It has the ability to ignore 400, 600, 800, or 1200 damage. These increases stem from equipping a Focus mod to your Rhino.

Second, if you are having trouble seeing when your Rhino is no longer a shiney iron color, try avoiding appearance colors such as grey, silver, white, or black. In the heat of battle these colors can be difficult to deter from the iron skin coating.

For more info on http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Iron_Skin'>Iron Skin, please check it's Warframe Wiki page.

Edited by KingKeif

Easy idea would be replacing the shield number with a different colored number to display Iron skin strength. I.E. Green numbers where shield's would be, that goes to 0 and then immediately switches to tic off normal shield number. Just thinking out loud here. Unfortunately any change to the UI for one frame is a tough sell. If they bring in any indicators for abilities in general though (cooldowns, duration indicators etc.) I'm sure this will be one of the first things.

Also note, the skin does currently fade pertaining to your own frame (and other's but imo its buggy) but the same problem persists of it is difficult to tell if you're low.

Edited by ArmaMalum

First of all, you have no understanding of how Iron Skin works. It's not duration controlled, it last for a certain amount of damage taken. Ignores 400 / 600 / 800 / 1200 damage. This is increased by Power Strength (Focus).

For more info on Iron Skin, please check it's Warframe Wiki page.

A little lacking in the reading comprehension area aren't we.

First of all, you have no understanding of how Iron Skin works. It's not duration controlled, it last for a certain amount of damage taken. It will ignore 400, 600, 800, or 1200 damage. These increases come from equipping a Focus mod to your Rhino.

For more info on Iron Skin, please check it's Warframe Wiki page.

LOL somebody has a hard time reading :D. He never said it was duration controlled...

Second, if you are having trouble seeing when your Rhino is no longer a shiney iron color, try avoiding appearance colors such as grey, silver, white, or black. In the heat of battle these colors can be difficult to deter from the iron skin coating.

Regardless if I misinterpreted his words, there is no need for a counter or any UI. Science damn, I wrote that at 6am guys, calm down.

Edited by KingKeif

Regardless if I misinterpreted his words, there is no need for a counter or any UI. Science damn, I wrote that at 6am guys, calm down.

"You don't understand so let me tell you what you actually mean."

"I don't need it so you don't either."

Wow, you sound incredibly pretentious.

You can go ahead and find another thread to play know-it-all in, thanks.

if no little GUI then perhaps somekind of VISUAL indication? I cant really tell right now but I almost get the feeling that when Iron skin is about to wear out you dont see the 'Iron' on him and just the little crystal things on his body. but I always thought it was somekind of visual bug

if no little GUI then perhaps somekind of VISUAL indication? I cant really tell right now but I almost get the feeling that when Iron skin is about to wear out you dont see the 'Iron' on him and just the little crystal things on his body. but I always thought it was somekind of visual bug

You really just contradicted yourself. When the iron or those 'little crystal things' are on that is a VISUAL indication iron skin is on. When you no longer see those, it's time to recast or get to cover. It's really simple...

though iron skin absorb 1k damage?

It can absorb up to 1200 damage with a maxed focus mod.

You really just contradicted yourself. When the iron or those 'little crystal things' are on that is a VISUAL indication iron skin is on. When you no longer see those, it's time to recast or get to cover. It's really simple...

It can absorb up to 1200 damage with a maxed focus mod.

1500 dude.

They can also make it re-castable when its below 50% (600/1200) or (780/1560 w/focus mod)of its total capacity rather than wait for it to go off. You can't have that millisecond of vulnerability if your surrounded by 10+ Ancient Disruptor and have that full energy gone in a zap. That extra energy should be an extension of your most needed Iron Skin. This will make soloing 15+ waves on Xini or Survival Palus more fun.

The blobs are always on but he's not talking about when it's on or off... It's pretty obvious when it's off and when it's on, the point people are/he is making is how you gauge how much durability it has left during it, not at the beginning or the end.

To be quite honest I've only properly been playing Rhino (had him for absolute months) these past 2 days and I noticed within minutes when the durability was getting low by the IS effect degradation... But I can understand why people would want something more clear. The less metal he eventually has and when Iron Skin is then only left with the iron blobs, it means IS is at the end of its tether so be prepared to reuse it again. So yeah, Fartbake, you're right, it's definitely intended. 

I'm not in favour of some sort of meter though, less stuff on the HUD the better. Maybe add a <#>% over the Iron Skin button instead.

Edited by Naith