Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

WHAT IS THIS

(NSW)ACE6368

Question

18 answers to this question

No, seriously... It's Space AIDS. When Nidus was introduced to the game he came with a disease in the form of this thing. It's not dangerous however. It can be removed in the infested room in the back by sitting in the dentist chair once the cyst has grown fully. Alternatively, you can use the cyst to breed a Helminth Charger. A Unique Kubrow with new precepts and stats. 

12 minutes ago, (NSW)ACE6368 said:

Very funny i really want to know what it is and see if it's dangerous cuz i just started finally got to mastery level 2 and that is my only warframe

it is literally a space infection, you contract it by playing near Nidus

16 minutes ago, (NSW)ACE6368 said:

see if it's dangerous

It's not dangerous, but it's ugly and you can make a special dog out of it.
You can cure it forever from the one frame that got it, when it's fully grown in the red room in the back of your ship.
When you get a new frame it will soon be with the same thing.

2 minutes ago, Pavelord said:

you contract it by playing near Nidus

or any infested mission
I got my first when I was playing only solo from the start of the game.

Edited by vegetosayajin

5 minutes ago, Pavelord said:

it is literally a space infection, you contract it by playing near Nidus

Oh thank you

5 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

It's not dangerous, but it's ugly and you can make a special dog out of it.
You can cure it forever from the one frame that got it, when it's fully grown in the red room in the back of your ship.
When you get a new frame it will soon be with the same thing.

or any infested mission

I don't now how anything works so can you tell me, like how to do it

39 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

or any infested mission

Please do not spread such information. You can only get the cyst from an infected player in a mission, in a dojo or in an Orbiter (not in Relays). A simple mission won't give you the cyst.

35 minutes ago, (NSW)ACE6368 said:

Oh thank you

I don't now how anything works so can you tell me, like how to do it

To go in the infested room on your ship you need to wait until the cyst is fully grown.  Just sit in that chair and it will lance the thing and that frame can no longer become infected.

To get the dog you need to do the quest 'Howl of the Kubarow' to bring your incubator online.  Then collect an egg from Earth and a power cell(reusable print in the market for credits).  When you go to breed a dog while in a frame that has a fully grown cyst you will get the option of draining the cyst into the egg to let it eat the unborn puppy and make an infested dog loyal to you.

Many call it space AIDS but it is more like space herpes. Harmless and pretty much everyone has it.

Edited by Ohforf3

2 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Please do not spread such information. You can only get the cyst from an infected player in a mission, in a dojo or in an Orbiter (not in Relays). A simple mission won't give you the cyst.

How did I get it then? I really played solo from the start of the game until Saturn and I got cysts on all of the frames that I got out of the foundry.

6 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

1 minute ago, vegetosayajin said:

How did I get it then? I really played solo from the start of the game until Saturn and I got cysts on all of the frames that I got out of the foundry.

Cyst growth is automatic, and does not need any external factors to form. You can even get it by not playing any missions at all, just by having your frame existing in the orbiter.

It is impossible to NOT get space aids.

8 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

Cyst growth is automatic, and does not need any external factors to form. You can even get it by not playing any missions at all, just by having your frame existing in the orbiter.

It is impossible to NOT get space aids.

It regrows, yes. Getting it in the first place requires to get infected by another infected Warframe.