Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Matchmaking based on ping bug and suggestion

gamergracon

In the game Settings, there is an option to limit what hosts you can connect to based on ping to that host. This is currently bugged and does not work. I know the problem is on my end (slow Internet speed), but despite putting a limit of 300 ping, I am often in games where my ping will be well over a 1000, and therefore essentially unplayable. Please fix this issue, as it would be a very helpful addition for many players.

Further, as I know my Internet is slow, and I very frequently get complaints and rage quits of others connecting to my games… Please consider an option of “don’t allow me to host games” to prevent this!

• Like 1

Yeah, I wish that was an option, but there are literally no other ISPs available to my house. Granted, I fully understand that’s my problem, but I also figured it was worth reporting  a game feature that’s not working as intended. Guess I’ll just cross my fingers and keep hoping.

My issue is that I end up with hosts that pay for their upload, so they strangle it to reduce costs. That means when the client sends a ping request to a host to check how things are, the packet it sends is small and is returned in the <100 ms I have set as my limit, but when I connect and a lot more data is being sent, I get 300-500 ms ping with spikes upwards 2000 ms. Completely unplayable.

Please limit players who are strangling their upload from hosting games. If they want to play public, have them join others.