Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bring Back wall run as promised

Jackal2k3000

DE, about a year ago you promised to bring back the wall run. you even  agreed that it makes more sense as they are ninjas and the wall hop doesn't really fit and is less practical. we've been getting a lot of changes and fixes but we  still having seen this change/update, whats the ETA on that? a promise is a promise DE...

What I remember them saying was the exact opposite. That the way they programmed Wall Run made it impractical to keep the animation because it sticks the Warframe to the wall, so instead they made small hop animations so that you're not stuck on the wall. 

2 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Could you point to where they promised this and didn't just say they would like to do it?

It was in a recent devstream but it wasn't promised but way more in the "We would like to" category. Ill try to get that ^.^ 

Well to OP i actualy wish they would finish what they have on the plate first because parked 6M spaceship will generate more frustration faster than a old feature brought back.

I'm not agaist the idea btw i think i would be great to replace the hop with something more visual and smooth as the current state of parkour. But maybe not now tho ^.^ 

9 minutes ago, ShichiseitenYasha said:

What I remember them saying was the exact opposite. That the way they programmed Wall Run made it impractical to keep the animation because it sticks the Warframe to the wall, so instead they made small hop animations so that you're not stuck on the wall. 

yes, that did happen, but long after that they said they would bring it back. and they brought that up saying it was why the changed it, but the see that the community doesnt like the wall hop and that they will work on the better way to implement it 

Just now, Jackal2k3000 said:

yes, that did happen, but long after that they said they would bring it back. and they brought that up saying it was why the changed it, but the see that the community doesnt like the wall hop and that they will work on the better way to implement it 

None of that is a promise. Words have meanings.

4 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

None of that is a promise. Words have meanings.

I don't get what you're saying. they said they would work on it and bring it back and make it better. the that was on the list of things to be done. that was even before melee 3.0 discussion. they didnt have to say i promise for it to be one. they stated it was on the list of things to do

1 minute ago, Jackal2k3000 said:

I don't get what you're saying. they said they would work on it and bring it back and make it better. the that was on the list of things to be done. that was even before melee 3.0 discussion. they didnt have to say i promise for it to be one. they stated it was on the list of things to do

we're going to need the actual stream to confirm.

The most important factor here is how they Phrased it.

Did they specifically mention that they would DO it? or that they would LOOK INTO it. or some other way.

These distinctions are very important and we can't really judge without them.

2 minutes ago, Jackal2k3000 said:

they said they would work on it and bring it back and make it better.

That isn't a promise, that is adding it onto the pile of other things that would be nice to have at some point.

3 minutes ago, Jackal2k3000 said:

they didnt have to say i promise for it to be one.

Actually, they do. They gave no ETA, no idea of what kind of priority it was. Nothing to indicate it was going to take dev time away from the things already planned.

4 minutes ago, Jackal2k3000 said:

that was even before melee 3.0 discussion.

What does Melee 3.0 have to do with wall running? Are you saying wall running is more important than a core game system?

3 minutes ago, BaIthazar said:

we're going to need the actual stream to confirm.

The most important factor here is how they Phrased it.

Did they specifically mention that they would DO it? or that they would LOOK INTO it. or some other way.

These distinctions are very important and we can't really judge without them.

ok, i'll look for it and post it when i find it

1 minute ago, peterc3 said:

That isn't a promise, that is adding it onto the pile of other things that would be nice to have at some point.

Actually, they do. They gave no ETA, no idea of what kind of priority it was. Nothing to indicate it was going to take dev time away from the things already planned.

What does Melee 3.0 have to do with wall running? Are you saying wall running is more important than a core game system?

no, not saying its more import. i'm just saying it was discuss before that, to give you a timeline

2 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

That isn't how Warframe development has ever worked and isn't how software development in general works.

dude, just chill out!! i don't care how anything works or the technicalities or politics of it. I'm just asking DE for what they said they would give us whether i have proof to you or not, DE would actually if they said it or not either you see it that way or you don't. stop being defensive. you don't need to fight me on this, it just them to tell me when and if it will happen, its that simple. i'm not trolling or being weird. you're just taking this too far

This is what you wrote:

42 minutes ago, Jackal2k3000 said:

a promise is a promise DE...

This isn't just asking about it.

Something like "Hey, you mentioned in the past you wanted to change up the wall hopping to make it closer to the old wallrun animations. Is there any news on that?" doesn't make it into an attack.