Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Anyone Else Not Satisfied With Bladestorm?

LegacyOfLamb

Don't get me wrong, in the past I was always fighting for BladeStorm buff's and ect, however to me now it doesn't really feel as rewarding as using other frames Ult's

It seems to really lack the "flashiness" that many of the other frames have in terms of abilities, however this may be expected since he was intended to fit in as the closest thing to a ninja in Warframe.

opinions?

I really enjoy Bladestorm as it is.  I like that his power isn't just another AoE damage burst like many others.  It does need some work but it has a good foundation.  It would be nice to make the targeting happen during the attack instead of at the beginning, but that feels like the kind of thing that could happen next time Ash is messed with.

And here I thought that Bladestorm was the most cinematic and flashy of all abilities. Guess you can't please everyone.

I never said I was displeased, I believe the word I used was "unsatisfied"

Maybe it's wrong of me to make a comparison to other frames/abilities, but for instance when your in a session and a Nova uses M prime everyone knows that it was used, however when Ash uses his bladestorm it's a tad less "flashy" than that ability and many of the other frames, I think you can understand where I'm coming from.

I don't think they are synonyms. Displeased is not liking something. Unsatisfied is more subtle, like you can see a good movie and think it's good but the ending might leave you unsatisfied, it means you want it to be better. It seems like they're the same but they're not.

You're right, my mistake.

I for one am completely satisfied with Blade Storm. It is the best ultimate in the game right now, because it is unique and visually very appealing. The damage it does is perfectly reasonable, and grants the player a useful break from the action when used, allowing them to regenerate shields and avoid damage. It's also superb at getting rid of hard-to-hit targets like Ospreys en masse.
No functional changes are needed. DE should be concentrating on the frames that really need attention right now (Ember, Trinity, Volt) rather than tinkering with one who is already fine.

I never said I was displeased, I believe the word I used was "unsatisfied"

Maybe it's wrong of me to make a comparison to other frames/abilities, but for instance when your in a session and a Nova uses M prime everyone knows that it was used, however when Ash uses his bladestorm it's a tad less "flashy" than that ability and many of the other frames, I think you can understand where I'm coming from.

So what suggestions do you have to make Bladestorm a more 'flashy' experience? imo it's really badass as it is already, and the cinematic action kinda goes two ways by removing you from the action but keeping you alive at the same time until your killing spree is over

-is Speechless to a point-   Honestly when I first used Bladestorm, I couldn't figure out why I wasn't seeing more Ash's in game.  The Ult is the most unique we have in the game, least in my opinion of it.  

When I Used it, my eyes grew as I watched the action.. and when it was over...  two things went through my head.   "That was #&^%*&$  Awesome"  and a repeating chant of " Again again" So after getting more energy, i went and found a massive crowd,, and went on another killing spree :3.

It is the best ultimate in the game right now, 

Hhehehehehahahahhabwhahaahahahah ONE Rhino stomp and everyone in the nearby area will go poof. Nova can clear out a larger radius and including all the powerful enemies too.

Ash Ulti is far from the best one.

If it turns into "press 4 to kill everything" like Rhino, then I would just have to play Loki. The style involved with the current Ash ultimate makes it "better" in some respects than the other ultimate attacks. It depends on what you define "better" as being.

I wouldn't have the assassin frame nuking everything on the map. It wouldn't make any sense. I wouldn't change the mechanics of it at all. If people keep complaining about how they can't kill everything on the map with their stealthy frame, then I suggest upping the speed, target count, how the targets are acquired, but never making it "shadows" or clones of Ash pulling him out of the strikes. That would make it a hollow sort of experience.

How about fixing its speed in the OTHER direction:

Instead of speeding up the animation, how about causing EVERYTHING to be slowed down instead (like bullet-time)? Including for allies, but allies shouldn't be slowed down as much. Hey, all of a sudden it has utility and a groupbenefit!

How could that have any logic behind it though? Well he is already performing some massive kind of "warping" due to teleporting around between multiple targets, so why not let this "warping" affect the whole space-time continuum in the surroundings a bit more, thus the bullettime effect? :)

Because the next day that update released this forum would be full of topics about Ash players constantly slowing down their game and how his ultimate is OP and downright annoying to all other parties involved.

The warping would have to not affect other Ash frames as well. I personally would find it kind of annoying even as an Ash player. Fix the problem people have with things internally without affecting other players and without changing Ash into some other generic ultimate.

Need to be faster. Much, MUCH faster. As in the whole thing is over in 3 seconds faster. So all the bodies drop down at once afterward kinda faster

What if ash was "moving so quickly" that there where two of him during bladestorm? That way you could keep the animations and timing, just with two ashes darting about, reducing bladestorm time by half?

Or yano, just speed the whole process up a notch.

I realise that we couldn't have it an instant damage power on all targets as that would be too powerful bearing in mind the base damage is 2000 armour ignore, but it could certainly be faster.

Hhehehehehahahahhabwhahaahahahah ONE Rhino stomp and everyone in the nearby area will go poof. Nova can clear out a larger radius and including all the powerful enemies too.

Ash Ulti is far from the best one.

I think you need to read my post fully before responding to it.

It is the best ultimate in the game right now, because it is unique and visually very appealing.
Edited by MalusCalibur