Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe at the Game Awards!

[DE]Helen

On 2019-12-06 at 9:30 PM, TheIvoryKitty said:

I don't think they get to decide when the completely unaffiliated, live Game Awards in LA occurs. Lol.

No but they do get to choose how and when to give away rewards. They could have done the drop as something more standard and have the weapon as part of a 24 hour alert that started during the awards.

People in Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia etc miss out on most Twitch drops because of the timing but most of the drops aren't anything as rare and coveted as a weapon that has only ever been available once before.

3 minutes ago, (NSW)ohgodzilla said:

It's probably Empyrean's launch date or "available now" but I will die if it ends up being a cross-save announcement. Unlikely but I can dream.

Yeah if its that i will finaly be able to give tenno from other platform tennobaum gifts !

Since alot of rumors are pointing at a potential railjack release during the video game awards, hope u guys rented enough servers to handle the potential swarm new players downloading the game while vets are trying to get their clients updated. Wouldn't want a shadowkeep situation where servers were pretty much down for the first two days.

Just now, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

Since alot of rumors are pointing at a potential railjack release during the video game awards, hope u guys rented enough servers to handle the potential swarm new players downloading the game while vets are trying to get their clients updated. Wouldn't want a shadowkeep situation where servers were pretty much down for the first two days.

They made server upgrades on October 18th, which I assume was for both the Old Blood Update as for Railjack:

I'm a console player, and I don't think this is unreasonable of me to ask...

This announcement, given you don't do simultaneous launches of big (essentially mainline) updates.. Well, if you announce a release for Railjack, I gotta assume it'll be for PC. So as a console player, should I be excited? 

I don't mean to be rude, I just want to set my expectations - as so far, you give reason for everyone to be excited, but this is also very different from a Nightwave which isn't a ton of massive new locations, systems, etc. - so I.. Yeah, I just kind of assume it's related to Railjack based on your teases, and if so it's obviously not exciting for console players till January/February

This could also be totally unrelated and you announce you open a bakery, but yeah.

Just asking since sometimes you hype up something and then it's PC-only for the time being

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

Since alot of rumors are pointing at a potential railjack release during the video game awards,

That would be brilliant, release of railjack during game awards which starts at 01:30 UTC Friday. That would be such a masterstroke. 

7 minutes ago, (PS4)DeZaruu said:

I'm a console player, and I don't think this is unreasonable of me to ask...

This announcement, given you don't do simultaneous launches of big (essentially mainline) updates.. Well, if you announce a release for Railjack, I gotta assume it'll be for PC. So as a console player, should I be excited? 

I don't mean to be rude, I just want to set my expectations - as so far, you give reason for everyone to be excited, but this is also very different from a Nightwave which isn't a ton of massive new locations, systems, etc. - so I.. Yeah, I just kind of assume it's related to Railjack based on your teases, and if so it's obviously not exciting for console players till January/February

This could also be totally unrelated and you announce you open a bakery, but yeah.

Just asking since sometimes you hype up something and then it's PC-only for the time being

That's usually because DE has to go through a certification process to put out updates on consoles, which is both costly and time consuming. Their usual approach to this is to wait until most of the big bugs are fixed on PC before console release, so they don't have to keep pushing updates through certification.

Just now, Gentleman_Bird said:

That's usually because DE has to go through a certification process to put out updates on consoles, which is both costly and time consuming. Their usual approach to this is to wait until most of the big bugs are fixed on PC before console release, so they don't have to keep pushing updates through certification.

I know why and I fully understand.

Which is why; IF it's a release of Railjack, it''s obviously too much for consoles (we don't have the Rising Tide atm) and therefore the announcement would not be exciting for console players given we'd have to wait till early next year as we already know.

Hence the question; should I be excited (aKa it's not Railjack) as a console player for tomorrow's announcement?

Just now, (PS4)DeZaruu said:

I know why and I fully understand.

Which is why; IF it's a release of Railjack, it''s obviously too much for consoles (we don't have the Rising Tide atm) and therefore the announcement would not be exciting for console players given we'd have to wait till early next year as we already know.

Hence the question; should I be excited (aKa it's not Railjack) as a console player for tomorrow's announcement?

I guess so, the faster PC gets the update the sooner console players get it.

I guess people don't quite get what I'm asking.

They're currently promoting it as an announcement (tied to WARFRAME) without any "but" attached, so I as a console player can assume the announcement is also going to affect me as much as a PC player.

Except, if Rebecca announces "Railjack is out NOW!", it's not an announcement for console players - we already know PC is getting it before the holiday vacation and we know we'll have to wait 1-2 months for the bug fixes, porting, cert, etc.

Staying up 3 - 5am* to hear something which won't affect me like it will affect the PC crowd (okay, maybe it's out January 28th instead of February 4th) is rough. So I don't think it's unreasonable to set expectations and ask "Hey, is this announcement relevant for console?"

*I'll be awake anyway, but many are staying/getting up for an announcement which might not even be aimed at them

20 minutes ago, (PS4)DeZaruu said:

I guess people don't quite get what I'm asking.

They're currently promoting it as an announcement (tied to WARFRAME) without any "but" attached, so I as a console player can assume the announcement is also going to affect me as much as a PC player.

Except, if Rebecca announces "Railjack is out NOW!", it's not an announcement for console players - we already know PC is getting it before the holiday vacation and we know we'll have to wait 1-2 months for the bug fixes, porting, cert, etc.

Staying up 3 - 5am* to hear something which won't affect me like it will affect the PC crowd (okay, maybe it's out January 28th instead of February 4th) is rough. So I don't think it's unreasonable to set expectations and ask "Hey, is this announcement relevant for console?"

*I'll be awake anyway, but many are staying/getting up for an announcement which might not even be aimed at them

I think I get you. The question is more, "Is this announcement going to include anything with an IMMEDIATE impact to console players?" Like if PC is getting Railjack/Empyrean tomorrow, are consoles getting the Rising Tide update? That kind of thing. Something that we can jump right into once the livestream ends, rather than, as you say, having a future release date to look forward to. Which is still great, but not necessarily worth staying up all night for when we can just look it up after a good night's rest. XD

3 minutes ago, (PS4)demishock said:

I think I get you. The question is more, "Is this announcement going to include anything with an IMMEDIATE impact to console players?" Like if PC is getting Railjack/Empyrean tomorrow, are consoles getting the Rising Tide update? That kind of thing. Something that we can jump right into once the livestream ends, rather than, as you say, having a future release date to look forward to. Which is still great, but not necessarily worth staying up all night for when we can just look it up after a good night's rest. XD

That's it! Thanks, it's the immediacy - English isn't my first native, so it's tough for me to phrase it properly! 🙂

100% fine if PC gets Empyrean tomorrow, but we still get it late January/early February, which I can see many get upset about at 4am or whatever the time is when TGA is live 😛

I'd love if we could get the Rising Tide quest before DE goes on holiday though, just so we can start getting the different parts ❤️

Again, maybe they changed their approach and somehow can launch it on all platforms, but realistically "Empyrean is live now for PC, console early 2020" is more likely

Archived