Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Mission Type: Heist (Payday Bank Raid)

Eidolon_Slayer

Mission: Heist

Faction: Corpus, Grineer, Infested., Orokin Void.

Level: X-XXX

Party Members allowed: 1

You are a lone operative, and your mission is to loot supplies on the ship while your friends are distracting the enemy. There will be enemies, but not as many because your fellow Tenno are distracting the enemy. They are running on limited life support, so you will have 15 minutes to raid the ship for anything useful.

There will be many crates in which you can obtain credits, and mission items. Mission items may include compact, energy cells, fuel, credits, and machinery. You could even encounter a Vault full of mods, credits, or resources, however it'll take time for your tools to break open the vault, as conventional weaponry isn't powerful enough. Regarding important machinery, they can be captured similar to how Tenno abduct VIP's from Corpus, or Grineer ships. 

You need to make it to the extraction point before the 15 minute mark, otherwise you will be overwhelmed by swarms of mobs (Infested, Corpus Crewmen, Grineer) because your distraction team will have left. You are free to fight beyond the 15 minute mark, however, enemies will spawn in greater numbers and levels, therefore the failure chance will increase.

For example: 

Faction: Grineer

Level:  20-50

15 mins: level 21

16 mins: level 22

17 mins: level 24 

18 mins: level 26

19 mins: level 29 

20 mins: level 32 

21 mins: level 36

22 mins: level 40

23 mins: level 45

24 mins: level 50

At the end of the mission, your score will be calculated in credits. The credits you've earned in total will be reduced by 80% as per funds for the lotus (40%) and your Tenno distraction team (40%). You keep 20% of the loot. After the 15 minute mark, you will keep 60% of the total loot because your distraction team is gone.

EDIT #1: You may keep any of the resources you find (I.E. Orokin cells, nano spores, circuits, control modules, morphics, neural sensors, etc...)

Edited by Mikovsky

This could be done with 5 people, but it is not possible at the moment.

Actually, I had a sort of similar idea based off Survival, which allowed 8 people in the game. 4 would be playing survival, as it currently is, and 1-4 would be trying to stealth it and steal things of high value. How would all this work in a game with netcode supporting only 4 players? Neither side needs to actually fully be in sync. The most that needs to be sent to each side is overall progress, such as time elapsed, or alarms triggered. The teams are totally separate in different maps (same theme though), so nothing else needs to be replicated over the network.

I don't think this should be a whole mode, but it should be presented as a version of survival. Maybe requires 2 clans, or just some sort of makeshift lobby that can show 8 people. If chat can sustain seeing more than 4 people, so can some special lobby.

Edited by gell

Actually, I had a sort of similar idea based off Survival, which allowed 8 people in the game. 4 would be playing survival, as it currently is, and 1-4 would be trying to stealth it and steal things of high value. How would all this work in a game with netcode supporting only 4 players? Neither side needs to actually fully be in sync. The most that needs to be sent to each side is overall progress, such as time elapsed, or alarms triggered. The teams are totally separate in different maps (same theme though), so nothing else needs to be replicated over the network.

I don't think this should be a whole mode, but it should be presented as a version of survival. Maybe requires 2 clans, or just some sort of makeshift lobby that can show 8 people. If chat can sustain seeing more than 4 people, so can some special lobby.

Well, group stealth isn't viable in public groups. People generally don't stay for more than 15 minutes in survival, they would depart and end the mission, leaving one person behind.

Anyways, my idea was to take advantage of the current survival mission and make a mission out from it. Which was where you play as that lone operative that raids the ship for loot. I wished The Lotus had said "team" instead of "lone operative" instead though.