Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven Capacity is a bad joke.

IamLoco

Oh I know you wont change it.

People, including myself, have paid to increase their riven Capacity.

But it´s a freaking joke.

We pay for waframe slots. And weapon slots. And catalysts. And reactors. To finally be able to play the content where we gain the....ehm...."endgame rewards", rivens?

And then we need to pay for increasing that capacity as well?

That´s like telling WoW players they need to pay extra if they want to have more than 10000 gold.

Or PoE (Path of Exile) players if they want to store more than 100 Exalts.

Why? Wtf actually.

This is OUR LOOT. Our reward. For literally every effort we have done. If we are low on money (not only platinum), should we just discard the rewards we have worked for?

Please rethink this, it´s... actually degrading..

Edited by IamLoco

17 minutes ago, IamLoco said:

We pay for waframe slots. And weapon slots.

Valid complaint, though the game is F2P so it gets some lenience in this regard.

18 minutes ago, IamLoco said:

And catalysts. And reactors.

If you're paying for these then you're doing something wrong.

19 minutes ago, IamLoco said:

And then we need to pay for increasing that capacity as well?

Have you even looked into why it is DE makes us pay for Riven capacity, and ultimately why they have a capacity limit?

20 minutes ago, IamLoco said:

That´s like telling WoW players they need to pay extra if they want to have more than 10000 gold.

I guess this answers the above question.  It absolutely isn't the same as WoW gold.  Have you any knowledge in OOP (Object Oriented Programming)?

21 minutes ago, IamLoco said:

Or PoE (Path of Exile) players if they want to store more than 100 Exalts.

This is a more accurate comparison than WoW gold was, but from what I understand of the PoE Exalted Orb system (I don't play PoE myself but people bring it up often enough that I did some research) they're different by an order of magnitude.  If you don't have OOP knowledge and wish for me to elaborate then I can explain why.

Rivens are want, not need.  Rivens are also random and likely unique.  You aren't likely to find the exact same riven ever.  They also have their reroll counter and leveling that makes a difference.

It is a lot of extra data they have to store to make sure that every riven works.  So you have to pay for that storage.  They have increased how much people can buy because some people really do try to get a good riven for every weapon, but they really do have costs when it comes to rivens so they do have to make you pay for extra capacity on these things you want.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JHarlequin said:

Rivens are want, not need.  Rivens are also random and likely unique.  You aren't likely to find the exact same riven ever.  They also have their reroll counter and leveling that makes a difference.

It is a lot of extra data they have to store to make sure that every riven works.  So you have to pay for that storage.  They have increased how much people can buy because some people really do try to get a good riven for every weapon, but they really do have costs when it comes to rivens so they do have to make you pay for extra capacity on these things you want.

The argument about the extra data is a fake excuses. At best rivens are a a few line of keywords in a text file, they don't take any physical space on a server compared to pretty much anything else. If de can afford to give every every frame and weapon ABC cosmetic slots and ABC modding slots, don't tell me they can't store what essentially accounts to one line of text.

"Weapon ID / MOD A Crit (%) B Status (%)  C Damage (-%) /  Mastery Rank / Mod Level / Rerolls"

The only reason riven slots are not infinite is that they want to enforce a rarity on them by limiting the amount of them in circulation. This ensure more rivens get deleted or merged together by people that need to free space up, and ensure mods stay expensive, since people can't hoard a gazillion of them at no cost and sell them for next to nothing.

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

The argument about the extra data is a fake excuses. At best rivens are a a few line of keywords in a text file, they don't take any physical space on a server compared to pretty much anything else. If de can afford to give every every frame and weapon ABC cosmetic slots and ABC modding slots, don't tell me they can't store what essentially accounts to one line of text.

"Weapon ID / MOD A Crit (%) B Status (%)  C Damage (-%) /  Mastery Rank / Mod Level / Rerolls"

The only reason riven slots are not infinite is that they want to enforce a rarity on them by limiting the amount of them in circulation. This ensure more rivens get deleted or merged together by people that need to free space up, and ensure mods stay expensive, since people can't hoard a gazillion of them at no cost and sell them for next to nothing.

A few key words in a text file, at 15 mods per player, and a million players, 15 million text files.  It isn't very much data, but it is enough that they had to make a change for it.  As the riven mods are want and not need, they figured hey, we can charge for this.  It isn't a need for them to charge, it is a place for them to make money, so what you want costs you money.

DE needs to make money and people seem to love rivens. Plus it's not like you actually need rivens for any content in the game. They're luxury items for players that want to kill things slightly faster.

It's sixty plat. Run some radshares for the latest prime parts/vaulted parts and you can make that in less than an hour.

Reason why is simple. Rivens are very suitable for plat trade. They want you to spend plat hence if you had infinite capacity, you would have no incentive to trade them and they would just sit in your pocket. This way many rivens are taken from the market by dissolving or combining, many are forcefully traded and they keep moving from player to player. DE controled economy is the reason why, gross game product gotta stay high.

22 hours ago, IamLoco said:

We pay for waframe slots. And weapon slots. And catalysts. And reactors.

To be fair, Warframe and weapon slots are very cheap, and that amount of plat is fairly easy to obtain.

Catalysts and Reactors can be obtained from Nightwave.

Rivens are endgame content, so it's just natural that they're expensive.

Have you played Destiny 2? There's only 3 types of characters, and you can only have 3 characters ever.

Have you played League of Legends? You have to farm for the characters, and let me tell you, it's a long ass grind... takes about a full year to unlock all the characters, that or you can buy them for real money, and they're fking expensive.

Here's some food for thought:

If I type out all the parameters of a riven into a text file and save it to disk on my windows system, one "riven" takes up 4KB while compressed. (and if you know how values are typed, you know how wasteful I am by just typing it it out into plain text instead of storing it in variables)

Now, using simple math, let's say that we want a whopping 500 million rivens in circulation here. How much space are we talking about here?

4x500 000 000 = 2 000 000 000 Kb /1024 which becomes 1953125 Megabyte, again we divide by 1024 which gives us ~1900 GB of needed storage space.

If we want storage space for 1000 million rivens, we need roughly a 4TB drive.

So with all due respect to DE, there are a great number of things I'm willing to give them faith on, but I do not for one second believe that rivens require any significant storage space compared to the rest of the systems in play in this game.

Let's assume people on average buy a +30% value pack when it's 50% off and take that as the real plat value.

(snip the conspiracy theory wall of text...)

I think the price is fine, but they should remove the cap.

Edited by Uthael