Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why do these dumb liches auto level? why!!!

DLDeath

So I was farming murmurs to have all 3 of them unlocked then I can try my luck in killing my dumb lich.  To my surprised, after my mission ended the lich didn't steal anything instead it leveled up.  I had no clue these things do that and the frustration of seeing that almost made me just stop caring about this new lich system.  My master plan was get all 3 complete murmurs then try my luck in figured out the pattern with the lich.  If I do it right or get lucky it never gets to level 5.  This auto level feature throws my plan out the window sadly.  My suggestion to make this new system tolerable is:

1. Stop the auto leveling of the lich.  This is annoying and very frustrating to say the least.
  2. If De doesn't want to do this then have the murmurs go in the right order.  This way it's a race between the lich and the warframe to see which one wins.  This would alleviate some of the headache of playing the RNG game in finding the correct sequence.
  3. More of a suggestion but it would be nice if the liches spawn with a different weapon until you get all of them.  Once that happens if you want to spawn another lich for higher % in status then it's RNG on what you get.
  4. Would be nice if the lich gives you some murmur points if you fight it and make it run away.
  5. Lastly, have converted liches become part of your crew for the next railjack update.  This way even solo players can do the content if they don't want to group up with others.

19 minutes ago, DLDeath said:
  1. Stop the auto leveling of the lich.  This is annoying and very frustrating to say the least.
  2. If De doesn't want to do this then have the murmurs go in the right order.  This way it's a race between the lich and the warframe to see which one wins.  This would alleviate some of the headache of playing the RNG game in finding the correct sequence.
  3. More of a suggestion but it would be nice if the liches spawn with a different weapon until you get all of them.  Once that happens if you want to spawn another lich for higher % in status then it's RNG on what you get.
  4. Would be nice if the lich gives you some murmur points if you fight it and make it run away.
  5. Lastly, have converted liches become part of your crew for the next railjack update.  This way even solo players can do the content if they don't want to group up with others.

Your Lich automatically gains a level when you stab it with the wrong combination or When you clear all nodes controlled by it

I recall DE mentioning this as a possibility. just wait for the update to arrive before you complain about something not being in it when you have no idea what is in it or not.

If you don't want your Lich to gain levels just avoid clearing all nodes controlled by it.

Edited by BaIthazar

8 minutes ago, DLDeath said:

Stop the auto leveling of the lich.

AFAIK, and bugs aside, Liches only rank up on their own when you clear a planet of their influence.

Which is necessary, because otherwise you'd have no more Lich missions to run.

As it stands, the game encourages you to stab your Lich by rewarding you with Murmurs if you fail.

13 minutes ago, DLDeath said:

alleviate some of the headache of playing the RNG game in finding the correct sequence

I certainly wouldn't mind if the game forced the first two Requiems you discover to contain the first slot one.

But, the whole guessing / anticipation thing, and ranking up your Lich along the way, is kind of a big part of the Lich experience.

17 minutes ago, DLDeath said:

it would be nice if the liches spawn with a different weapon until you get all of them

I'd like some additional Requiem Mods that instead of (potentially) hurting the Lich,
would cause (them to flee and) parts of them to re-roll, not least the weapon they carry.

You get murmurs for failing to kill your lich when you try to stab them.  If you happen to guess a requiem mod that hasn't been discovered, it propels you to the next ring whether that's 2nd or 3rd.  The only reason not to stab your lich at this point is if you are completely out of revives.  Do yourself a favor, stab your lich.  

I like the Lich system I just turn into a single minded hunting machine when after them, I don't care what level my Lich gets to I just kill them with my zaw dagger, I would like the drop rates for the rewards aligned to them to be a bit higher, killed heaps of Lich's and only got one ephemera so far for all the effort, I'm just getting bad RNG, even with a 10% drop chance, have all the guns, I'm just working on the other rewards and possible gun upgrades. 

Edited by Slayer-.
typo

It's really not that bad. The last several I've killed, I was able to get the correct sequence with them at level 3. That's only 2 deaths in the entire process. The real mood crusher is getting a repeat weapon with a lower/equal elementary bonus. You still have to go through the grind for basically zero reward.

As noted, the Lich will auto-level when you clear all of their influenced nodes. You can avoid this by farming murmurs in areas outside of their influence with friends or by recruiting other players.

In the end, DE needs to give players a way to reset their Lich at least once a week. Currently, the only way to remove a Lich is to convert/vanquish them, which requires far too much grinding. This would give players an option to farm a Lich and have a way to reset them if needed. My suggestion would be a weekly Sabotage mission that destroys the Lich's kuva supply, thus removing them as an active Lich.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph

1 hour ago, DLDeath said:

So I was farming murmurs to have all 3 of them unlocked then I can try my luck in killing my dumb lich.  To my surprised, after my mission ended the lich didn't steal anything instead it leveled up.  I had no clue these things do that and the frustration of seeing that almost made me just stop caring about this new lich system.  My master plan was get all 3 complete murmurs then try my luck in figured out the pattern with the lich.  If I do it right or get lucky it never gets to level 5.  This auto level feature throws my plan out the window sadly.  My suggestion to make this new system tolerable is:

It's a bug. It happened to me once, and I reported it (bug forums).

1. Normally, your Lich won't level unless you have your runes in the wrong order or you stab them without any.

2. Converted Liches are supposed to appear in your railjack, but it's currently unclear as to what role they will play.

Next time, take a deep breath, then look through the bug forums. 

:meridian::redveil:

Edited by GrazeZeroLow

1 hour ago, DLDeath said:

So I was farming murmurs to have all 3 of them unlocked then I can try my luck in killing my dumb lich.  To my surprised, after my mission ended the lich didn't steal anything instead it leveled up. 

If you clear out all their nodes, they level up. This makes it virtually inevitable they will always reach level 2 before you have all three Requiems ready unless you have someone taxiing you everywhere

1 minute ago, TARINunit9 said:

If you clear out all their nodes, they level up. This makes it virtually inevitable they will always reach level 2 before you have all three Requiems ready unless you have someone taxiing you everywhere

I have two of their runes, before I clear two planets. 

For the next Lich, I'm going to hold back and see if this happens to me.