Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will future Warframe content be locked behind running/owning a railjack?

Tenno76856

New War is supposed to rely heavily on the Railjack if I understood today's DevStream right. There's also at least the Corpus and potentially Infested Railjack content slated for the future, so there's going to be a lot of content for it most likely.

As for the solo issue, they are eventually going to release NPC crews and a skill for it so purely solo players aren't screwed over in the long run. Unfortunately, that won't be at the initial release of the system because it sounds like they can't manage to ship both due to the amount of work they've had to do and changes they've made to the systems.

Edited by Ceryk

I'm going to assume that the majority of the future content released in the game will require the Railjack, but I do think that there will still be the general "normal" updates that we've been used to in the past 7 (has it really been 7?) years (if Squad Link has anything to say about it).

23 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

People said archwing would do that and it didnt really happen. We'll see how railjack does.

That's possible.

Then again, Archwing came out bare as a skeleton from what I've heard. Just given how many iterations of the same concepts we've seen, and the number of progression elements, that much seems to have been well on DE's mind. 

2 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Railjack will be the "future" of warframe. So it's an absolute yes.

Don't worry, Railjack missions is soloable. But it's a bit difficult until DE added AI crew members.

Potentially difficult, given DE's history with the concept of difficulty it's a stretch to assume what DE deems as difficult translates to what most of the playerbase would consider difficult, or even middling. Frankly I don't for a moment think people won't be able to do a lot of this empyrean stuff solo with close to no complications so long as they are moderately geared. 

Edited by Cubewano

37 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

Potentially difficult, given DE's history with the concept of difficulty it's a stretch to assume what DE deems as difficult translates to what most of the playerbase would consider difficult, or even middling. Frankly I don't for a moment think people won't be able to do a lot of this empyrean stuff solo with close to no complications so long as they are moderately geared. 

Archguns started to struggle against level 60+ because their mods is inferior compared to rifles and shotguns. But, we'll see how it turned out.

pls no

i can barely handle the first loading to OV/PoE Solo in all low setting,well after that initial cursed loading its not that bad playing in them but its a pain in the ass doing bounty solo so i mostly go there to mine/fish/conservation

also as someone who live in SEA and for some reason my ISP is having a hard time connecting to warframe server,they havent improve those god forsaken lift/gate transition zone fron the hub to the open world,still sometimes stuck on untill part 2-4,rarely even when theyre done,sometimes its just kick me out and left me alone to do the mission after im waiting foe 5-15 minute and make me wait for another 5-10 min

Don't panic:

a) They said clearly that you don't need to own/run a railjack to participate on that content. You can just join someone else Railjack

b) They are going to be adding in the future the Commander tree, which allows you to run NPC crews

If your question is about the future, I wouldn't worry that much.

5 hours ago, NigglesAU said:

Bit worried about this as primarily a solo player and pubber occasionally (im in a casual clan for drydock purposes/building railjack however im not active otherwise in clan)

If you intend to go solo, then you'll need to build a railjack. However, there is gonna be a matchmaking for pubbing

if you look at the stream it has a command tab that not been released with this upcoming railjack launch and reb and steve said NPC crews the Solo experience will not be coming at first too. So as a solo player I would not worry that much. It is just at first its going to be mainly co op. They said it around the 1 hour to 1 hour and 5 minute mark if you want to watch their devstream VOD to hear for yourself. Its when they talk about intrinsics.

Edited by (XB1)Dex Xean

1 hour ago, (XB1)Dex Xean said:

if you look at the stream it has a command tab that not been released with this upcoming railjack launch and reb and steve said NPC crews the Solo experience will not be coming at first too.

Well then, looks like railjack is going to fail the "can it actually be played upon release" test for me and I'm going to consign the whole thing to the trashcan immediately. Pity about the waste of resources for building the ship.

1 hour ago, DoomFruit said:

Well then, looks like railjack is going to fail the "can it actually be played upon release" test for me and I'm going to consign the whole thing to the trashcan immediately. Pity about the waste of resources for building the ship.

From what they said, solo is going to be tricky later on as you progress towards harder missions, but initially it's doable.

If that's indeed the case, and assuming that it will take awhile to progress through the railjack content, I would say most likely doing it solo at launch should be fine, and hopefully as it gets harder they eventually give us NPS crews.

I imagine it will be less a total rework and more a case of adding railjack segments to future content. DE will want players to be using all systems; regular Combat, Archwing and Railjack in future content, so while I don't think you'll be tied to the Railjack for the entirety of your time in Warframe now, you would still be wise to upgrade your railjack so that when these occasional Railjack sequences appear, you can have an easier time.

plus there's also NPC crews made of Syndicates and Converted Liches that can help, once that system is in place soloing railjack missions should be easier.

The only concern that I can see with Railjacks is if it makes the rest of the game where new players NEED to progress through a ghost town.

Which is a common problem of several traditional MMOs, everything gets pushed to the endgame and the early game with the midgame being a wasteland.

Warframe has the huge issue of so many dead nodes across the star chart even now, imagine how much more dead it might get if Railjack becomes all people ever do.

1 minute ago, Aldain said:

the early game with the midgame being a wasteland

Isn't it already thou?

I mean, when was the last time you went to do a regular node on a low level planet?

Besides specific farming missions like relics/fissures, there isn't much of a point really.