Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Extractor Rework?

ChaoticEdge

Well early to say and everyone going hate me (well the dev is), The Extractor been here for warframe many looooonnngggg years for it been helping us players to farm resources but I have feeling that odd of possibility to make them farm more different materials I mean we already going start with the railjack and it feel like the Extractor could of well make a mission in space as defense mode game play.  In fact we are starting expand that direction for the possible reason the Extractor may need rework soon or later because well no one even think about updating the Extractor in near future about mining resource in asteroid field or either have them mining something resourceful materials now on like the new railjack materials in space which I am not making pointless meaningless having them only farm them for sure they do get destroy but what if we can make it as sort of one the excavation or defense mode so that players can just farm the daylight out the warframe but there is many things need to discuss about the concept about the Extractor may need a rework or not because I barely DO ANYTHING WITH THESE EXTRACTOR, which I hard hat farming it much as I could.

If I read your post right (paragraphs are a thing, hint), then there is merrit in this. It actually makes a lot of sense if you consider that maybe those Extractors can be deployed by a properly modded Railjack and then you get a sort of self-made mission for resources. A mining venture in space. I like this. 

But what do you have in mind for a "rework"? Do you mean that they will just mine other resources? That's not really a rework, more like a tweak. Mechanically, they are just a stationary defense target with an eating disorder. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Lakais said:

Do you mean that they will just mine other resources? 

I think he means the buildable resource extractors you can buy from the market. 

I occasionally use the warframe app for these if I ever remember. It's a decent passive farming method if you don't have time to play.

Deploying mission extractors from our railjacks also sounds super cool though. +1 on that. 

Edited by zakaryx

15 hours ago, Lakais said:

If I read your post right (paragraphs are a thing, hint), then there is merrit in this. It actually makes a lot of sense if you consider that maybe those Extractors can be deployed by a properly modded Railjack and then you get a sort of self-made mission for resources. A mining venture in space. I like this. 

But what do you have in mind for a "rework"? Do you mean that they will just mine other resources? That's not really a rework, more like a tweak. Mechanically, they are just a stationary defense target with an eating disorder. 

This eating disorder machine is your ticket to get your resources for once rare moment it get attack, leaving it alone too long enemies will steal your resources like the kuva lich for example, do you want someone steal your resource that your hard earning machine work so hard to farm up in the asteroid field?  Pretty much it is obvious no but basically the idea is it will send alert noted that your extractor is being attack for either let your dojo clan help but if you have none then you can have random players who can get assign to do the work protection for it or you can make an army kuva lich to defend your extractor which more roles for the NPC so they won't be useless at all which I am planning as well dev which I don't think kuva lich should only be body guards and crew ship men/women for they also should help out your resources gathering, so the more kuva lich buddies the more easily it is defended or making it safe.  Each different area in type level will increase the dangerous zone and also the more risk for resources and yes you can help your kuva lich between battle which your kuva lich will return the resources from the area it been farming back so this work as in payment back of what he done to you making you pay all that resource that you so hard earning gathered for he/she can pay it back, be warn the more higher level the more require high ranking kuva liches to fight for the resources, think as Metal Gear: Peace Walker when they 1st made mini-mission for recruited soldier which yes I am borrowing that idea for they won't be useless and not only doing nothing as they slack off in work but for the kuva lich they won't die but they will take time to heal up their wounds because getting blasted in space and require escape pod or beacon for pick up which it get the job done but you have to wait at least an 4-8 hours depending how bad they got beat up in hard area that require resources.

Next you probably going ask "how are we going have ships for our kuva lich", you don't they just jack a ship of enemy fleet or either the syndicates provides the ships I mean I don't know how many ships they even own for the fact for the grineer probably has tons of ships already made and they aren't even keeping track of their ships for I mean they harvest massive amount ships parts materials and your kuva lich probably jack one them that is working in operational so I won't go deep details.  As the time being Extractor is still need rework and kuva lich would help a lot for pretty much a lot and we could send warframe clones but uuhh...we kind of did that with the railjack before but it doesn't mean the extractor won't take in clones so farm those bp of rescue missions if you like too.

8 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

This eating disorder machine is your ticket to get your resources for once rare moment it get attack, leaving it alone too long enemies will steal your resources like the kuva lich for example, do you want someone steal your resource that your hard earning machine work so hard to farm up in the asteroid field?  Pretty much it is obvious no but basically the idea is it will send alert noted that your extractor is being attack for either let your dojo clan help but if you have none then you can have random players who can get assign to do the work protection for it or you can make an army kuva lich to defend your extractor which more roles for the NPC so they won't be useless at all which I am planning as well dev which I don't think kuva lich should only be body guards and crew ship men/women for they also should help out your resources gathering, so the more kuva lich buddies the more easily it is defended or making it safe.  Each different area in type level will increase the dangerous zone and also the more risk for resources and yes you can help your kuva lich between battle which your kuva lich will return the resources from the area it been farming back so this work as in payment back of what he done to you making you pay all that resource that you so hard earning gathered for he/she can pay it back, be warn the more higher level the more require high ranking kuva liches to fight for the resources, think as Metal Gear: Peace Walker when they 1st made mini-mission for recruited soldier which yes I am borrowing that idea for they won't be useless and not only doing nothing as they slack off in work but for the kuva lich they won't die but they will take time to heal up their wounds because getting blasted in space and require escape pod or beacon for pick up which it get the job done but you have to wait at least an 4-8 hours depending how bad they got beat up in hard area that require resources.

Next you probably going ask "how are we going have ships for our kuva lich", you don't they just jack a ship of enemy fleet or either the syndicates provides the ships I mean I don't know how many ships they even own for the fact for the grineer probably has tons of ships already made and they aren't even keeping track of their ships for I mean they harvest massive amount ships parts materials and your kuva lich probably jack one them that is working in operational so I won't go deep details.  As the time being Extractor is still need rework and kuva lich would help a lot for pretty much a lot and we could send warframe clones but uuhh...we kind of did that with the railjack before but it doesn't mean the extractor won't take in clones so farm those bp of rescue missions if you like too.

I have to apologize for a bit, I forgot that the deployable ones in the star chart were a thing. I was thinking about the Excavators. 

So as I understand it, you propose that the Titan and Distilled Extractors have a chance to become a sort of "alert" to give you an alternative but semi-active source for resources. I don't see why not. 

Edited by Lakais

13 hours ago, Lakais said:

I have to apologize for a bit, I forgot that the deployable ones in the star chart were a thing. I was thinking about the Excavators. 

So as I understand it, you propose that the Titan and Distilled Extractors have a chance to become a sort of "alert" to give you an alternative but semi-active source for resources. I don't see why not. 

huh sure at the time being leaving more details reason why the players leave it there afterward that why everyone is switching to destiny 2 because they aren't going wait for warframe at all, new players, average players are walking towards more on destiny 2 because due of "highly materials farming" pretty much went up ask destiny 2 communities and I see reason why they went over there because it is common to say is "less grindy, more fun with a friend, the challenge is being really good" for this is their quote for I quote on words which yes it seem that the dev do need improve the AI but the grind is laying heavy I mean very heavily to farm which how long do you farm for Sibear?  That is where grinds kills it that why average players and below leave because they don't feel their weapons wasn't worth keeping which I had tons good friends and how long reason why they didn't return back to warframe due of something the communities "Hate most of it all" is the grinds for when something get too grindy it become a issues developed overtime which don't get me wrong should of reduce the grind to be the size of destiny 2 game but should be fair and equal to be instead of massive Sibear development issues with bp all over again.  Why do you think Triburos comments how many sins that was added 20 more sins over and over again which some point I agreed.

People these days are quite impatient I mean massive impatient amount which players don't want sit and wait for their new weapons that is sitting there for half a day but yea that is pose to be "game balance" right? Right....🙄, then again we do have "warframe" to build and if you wanted prime version how long does that take about 3 days to correct it?  To answer it right away it is and that why no one got the time wait that long for that is why reason everything goes down hill because your basically teaching a kid patient but they have massive energy ready to explode like a ticking time bomb because they are going throw patient out the window.  Sorry if I sculled about this but it is the truth because that why more players has a reason why they left warframe because due of several materials that is hard to get even thou you had farm Cetus wisps for example but it doesn't mean jack because you didn't open a new account and see you can do it without the "pay to make it go fast" that is biggest problem there and some the players who is average who actually got their galatine prime and the right sets of mods took them more then 2 years which these are working average men/women who actually don't have time playing warframe.

Pointing out why this had involved with the topic for it does because the fact I am trying make the Extractors more vestal instead of making everything super dog gone dang grindy that requires your present to be ON THE COMPUTER before Dev going realized past few months they are going realized "oh crude we lost tons of players over few months even thou we put exciting stories and events" which 1 thing trying avoid for warframe to die out like lightbub that was bought to be cheap and still end up dieing within a day.  Yes I know it is going take long progress this is going to be developed for it is better instead of killing your average players of waiting so long and trying make it LESS GRINDY.  Now I will make another topic about warframe switching to destiny 2 and why they left in "other general".