Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ok for real we need to fix void traces

(XBOX)Huggs93

I have a simple solution as well make them buyable with kuva or with nora creds seriously im getting tired at just slaving away for reactant. it to the point i dont want to do that because it feels like a chore. I even remeber setting up an RSS feed back in the day when the old alert system would tell me that an alert would give me void traces.

A simpler solution would be to initially have the random gain of traces as it is now (i.e. a random amount from 6-30), then as you gain further reactants you gain one trace per additional reactant (after the first 10) until you hit a cap of 30 traces (the maximum you can get now), this amount would be double if boosted (60 max traces).
That would make it roughly 1 in 3 missions per radiant (~2 radiant per 3 missions, boosted), a reasonable cost (the same as invaisions). Compared to 1 in 5 (as is the average now) is stretching it (and the reason invasions were made 3 missions from the 5) while if you get unlucky it can take up to around 15 missions to gain traces for a radiant relic (which I think we can agree is excessive).

An upside is players would stay a little longer in non-endless fissures to hit the 30 cap.

Edited by Loswaith

Run more eso. You will get far more radiant relics per hour than anywhere else. Obviously this only works if the relic you want is on the eso table.

Personally I just sell the prime parts from those relics and use the plat to buy whatever I need.

If you spam rescue/capture with a fast team while using a booster you can get a ton of traces that way too. 

5 hours ago, zakaryx said:

Run more eso. You will get far more radiant relics per hour than anywhere else. Obviously this only works if the relic you want is on the eso table.

And if you happen to get the exact relic you're after, as well - not really an option for me. Personally, I agree that some alternate means of obtaining Void Traces is needed because they're easily the least fun aspect of what's already a stacked RNG system.

52 minutes ago, zakaryx said:

Oh. Do you buy your relics with plat or something?

The who of the what now? I was merely saying that getting Radiant relics from ESO is only faster if you're lucky enough to get the precise relic you're after from the drop tables. I'm sitting on a S#&$-ton of unopened relics exactly BECAUSE I rarely have the Void Traces to upgrade them, so it's faster for me to farm for the Traces and upgrade the Relics I already have.

On 2019-12-07 at 3:17 AM, MonsterOfMyOwn said:

Or just make us able to scrap relics for some trace. even 5-10 traces would be OK.

I think that I have over 700 "useless" neo relics and spamming capture with wukong ain't really what I expect from the game

Indeed I've said this before as well. It's impossible to use all of your relics (aside from maybe requiem ones) because running a mission to crack a relic is probably going to net you 1 or more new ones and that's on top of all the relics you get from non fissure missions. Melting excess ones would be a useful way to clear them out for those of us that want more traces and don't feel like sitting in trade chat selling them to new players or listing them on external websites and dealing with them.

On 2019-12-06 at 11:18 PM, D_Caedus said:

Alerts for Traces

I never did them. Didn't give enough to be worth my time.

Only real way to farm Traces is to use Boosters, and the Kavat that also doubles resources, which is... really bad design, considering how little we get to begin with.

2 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

It's impossible to use all of your relics

I have some relics that stacked up over 50, and they're... actually OLD relics that are vaulted.

I just can't seem to run out of relics ever.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

I'm in favor of scrapping Relics for salvage void traces. Just crack 'em open with a hammer.

5 for Lith, 10 for Meso, 15 for Neo, 20 for Axi.

That's how I would do it. It might even help the economy by boosting a demand for relics as a quick'n'easy way to gain void traces. Suddenly a guy selling 50 Lith relics might be useful to someone.

Edited by (NSW)ToadBlue

37 minutes ago, (NSW)ToadBlue said:

I'm in favor of scrapping Relics for salvage void traces. Just crack 'em open with a hammer.

5 for Lith, 10 for Meso, 15 for Neo, 20 for Axi.

That's how I would do it. It might even help the economy by boosting a demand for relics as a quick'n'easy way to gain void traces. Suddenly a guy selling 50 Lith relics might be useful to someone.

Thats honestly the EASY route and it would not create a economy, On the PS4 side of things, people already are fk-wad demanding R.mods for 5 plat each and Liches as low as 20 plat, especially for ones with Ephemera. Plus trust me, i browsed the market chat for a while, while selling off weapon stances, syndicate mods and other misc. items for a stock of plat. Literally it would just turn into people demanding 6 relics for 1-3 plat PERIOD, because no one respects a 1 plat per item rule anymore. Alongside FK a floor value limit nor using sites with a plat average that has around 10-1000 or so buyers/sellers history going thru it to get a rough average where the value of goods should stand.

I have ranted the void trace b.s. for a long time and it honestly needs to have the following occur with no less on it:

1. Boost the trace bases from its min 6-30 to around 10 or even 12 for that low value, maybe tighten up the max to 24 if D.E. wants to make a fuss about it. But Having the trace value be alot more tighter on its randomness, would at the very least make it less of a hassle and because it is not manipulated in anyway by doing deeper runs, except the post-multiplication value which usually is not by much. Aka what enemy scaling should fking greatly boost rewards should all be about or BOOST the trace gain based on what tier of fissures you are doing since you should gain more traces doing AXI relics then you should be doing Lith. Which triple doesnt help that fissures are entirely randomized so you cant control going to a endless lith or a endless axi when you want to.
  2. FOR FKS SAKE GUT THE VOID TRACE PICK BONUS SYSTEM, this is mainly because of the fact the system only gives a fixed 5 points per person who picks your relic with up to 15 if you just happen to be that lucky turd who rolled a rare and everyone else rolled forma. But its only equaling around 250% of the minimal value if your that lucky or half of what the max value is, but cant be boosted by resource booster values last i checked. Plus just replace it with a simple system, EVERYONE gets bonus traces depending on the party size, where it would be 20% for 2 people, 50% for 3 people and 100% for 4 people. This would atleast create a long-term incentive to do longer runs while sticking with a big group since everyone benefits, everyone gets motivated, everyone wants to keep that boon running...but speaking of long-term runs.
  3. Take the stupid endless FISSURE bonus and put it in regular endless missions while updating the bonuses for fissure to only apply to it! This is mainly a pet peeve of mine because it makes NO SENSE to have affinity, credit & resource drop chance booster boons on FISSURE MISSIONS, what your not leveling frames or stocking credits on. Fissures missions are randomized anyway so farming fissures for regular resources is kind of stupid and we have DARK SECTORS for that stuff, The only thing that makes sense is those resource boosters. Too bad i never got up to 20 rotations to learn the stuff caps at 2x and by the 15th one all relics will always be radiant aka you need to do 5 rotations for that SINGLE bonus radiant relic boon. This honestly needs to be changed to every interval gives +25% resource booster and the 5th interval ALSO gives a booster, the relic would just be a tie in bonus, shifted to the 4th rotation on top of the resource booster since it makes more sense considering how the loot table is AABC normally. the current version would only work in endless modes that would benefit from affinity or drop resource focused loot anyway, while this updated version would purely INCENTIVE players to run longer for a bigger return on void trace gain.

There are plenty of ideas that could likely be done to fix the fissure system, but when you think about the scrapping method, its just destroying excess stock of relics you CONSTANTLY get everywhere. When honestly it should be a system more self-contained and not us just burning trash just to have a few more spins at the slot machine at max `chance` value, when likely we are still going to fail another 3 to 8 times before it finally lands on what we want. Which if your farming R.Mods by constantly radiant up`ing R.Relics, despite the fact there is only one tier and one fissure mission and only 4 types of relics, your honestly just better off running public with a huge stock of relics, sell off your extra R.mods for 5 plat and then just buy the R.Mods you need for 5 plat.

P.S. Alot of these game modes should not be `solved` by exchanging plat to resolve things, Since if D.E. wants to make everything revolve around the scum-section called Market chat aka what some might call the alternative region chat, then D.E. needs to take the time to polish up Market chat so its more friendly for both new fresh players and older burnt out `veternans`. 

Literally now alot of market chat even with all my filters to remove the text for riven mods, prime parts, prime sets, coupon scammers and many others, now gets flooded frequently by Kuva weapon buyers and some who cant even say KUVA weapon and clearly do not understand Variant weapons exist. Plus plenty think regardless of the bonus % value, a kuva weapon is going to be 20 plat or less always and still say they want a Ephemera with that specific weapon, also at 20 plat or less. When people cannot properly be literate for a major percentage of the marketers, you know your marketing system is utter trash.

Edited by Avienas