Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven Slide Attack Crit Chance

Paradoxoglanis

8 minutes ago, Paradoxoglanis said:

I could be mistaken, but the critical chance on slide attack seems like a useless stat now. It seems to always roll lower than regular crit chance, and only applies to 1 kind of attack. Is this intended or was this overlooked in the riven crit chance buff?

they changed how slide on crit works. Before it was straight 90% chance (on maiming strike), now it's 90% of the base crit chance %. So if my math is right (and it likely isn't as i suck at it.) if a melee has 10% crit chance base stat. maiming strike will only give it 9% extra for a whopping... 19% crit chance. 

So yeah... crit on slide attack is nerfed into the ground. Just like it's prices. https://warframe.market/items/maiming_strike/statistics

After they buffed True/Sacrificial Steel, straight crit chance on melee rivens, and changed True Punishment, they may have said something about reviewing crit on slide mods, but unsure. Hopefully, maybe. Personally a slight number buff and/or also status ( on both Maiming Strike and rivens ) could make it worthwhile, while not overlooking status now that it's no longer the supreme king with Condition Overload.

Just now, so_many_watermelons said:

After they buffed True/Sacrificial Steel, straight crit chance on melee rivens, and changed True Punishment, they may have said something about reviewing crit on slide mods, but unsure. Hopefully, maybe. Personally a slight number buff and/or also status ( on both Maiming Strike and rivens ) could make it worthwhile, while not overlooking status now that it's no longer the supreme king with Condition Overload.

I hope they do take a look at it soon. Ive been rolling around 180% crit chance (x2 for heavy), and around 110% slide crit chance on the same weapon same number of modifiers. It really seems like its a useless stat right now.