Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe royal

(PSN)TheRocket91

vor 7 Minuten schrieb DupersDeBait:

Agreed. It’s hard to believe Warframe has gone on so long without adding Battle Royale. If they stopped working on everything else and focused on Battle Royale Warframe could become big.

No. Battle Royale in WF is crap. See conclave. Is literally dead. Lunaro ... dead.

But hey... its a dead horse. Hit it with a stick.

• Like 2

vor 11 Minuten schrieb DupersDeBait:

The reason conclave and lunaro are dead in warframe is because they aren’t Battle Royale.

It doesn’t even exist yet lol 

the forum was i the past often a place for the same asking about a battle royal mod and most of the times for alot of people that sounded like a bad idea and well it is since warframe does not evenen support alot pvp the gamemodes are there but almost noone plays them so why should there be an investment for something that maybe only some players want and how long will they play it i just can say if you want to have one then go and play a game thats core is the battle royal stuff.

Yea pvp is dead in warframe because it is trash pvp. It's not because people don't want pvp... It's literally because it's so badly developed and nothing has been done to change it or fix the pvp issue. 

And the argument that people don't want pvp is complete ignorance lol. Fortnite has more players than wf. It boomed right from the start with its crap graphics, mechanics... 

Apex legends, any fps... Rpgs like eso, Wow, all thrive on pvp. 

If DE actually took notes from those games to create an actual pvp system it Would attract a lot more people to wf for the simple fact that it's a free game with competitive. 

Like sure DE releases new content every couple months and I'm really excited for railjacks on console... But all these updates... And after a few weeks I'm bored. 

DE needs some type of endgame play, and pvp is the Easiest impliment. Raids are usually go to in pve mmos but DE didn't get that right either. So we gunna say that no one wants raids xD

BR would be dead in this game before it even got released. Reason is because there are no dedicated servers to support it and there is high doubt the engine would supports that number of players interacting with eachother across a map fitting a BR mode.

It is as if the BR fans arent even aware how much actually is needed in order to implement such a mediocre game mode to begin with.

Please do tell,how will be mechanics like....

Now lets get rid of the technical points; dedicated server,engines,etc (although it probably biggst hurdle to start with anyways). How will battle royale will be introduced. We already have conclave,which no one plays. Even with technical fixes,i don't thnk,it appeals to a large player base as well. Warframe and its core game mechanics are based on hoard shooter,looter genre,with a dash of rpg elements here and there. Its all about damage numbers,buffs,damage reductions and so on. 

If you keep the powers,of pve modes,it will be a futile attempt (consider a frost putting his snow globe down,and removes all enemy armor over a large area...). Now you may say,it needs balance. But if you take away the core elements of a game,then it will warframe skin,of some other game. No one's gonna touch that for more than a day. They may try to balance out conclave in some point of future,fixing technocal prblms,and some mechanics....but for me its futile and ultimately only a small term gimmick to get some players in; only to loose them because they don't have brains or patience to keep up with warframe's complicated and grindy system....

And yeah,its a pretty mediocre gimmick at that too....

I realize we're on many layers of irony here right now but I'm just going to come out of the gate swinging: Battle Royales are a cancer killing the game industry right alongside MOBAs and generic "open world survival games." I absolutely detest these worthless, shallow, ill-conceived, and metagame riddled heaps of garbage. The sooner Battle Royales and MOBAs die the better. They are the lowest common denominator and I'll be glad when they're finally suffocated to death by their lack of substance.

13 hours ago, Mints said:

I realize we're on many layers of irony here right now but I'm just going to come out of the gate swinging: Battle Royales are a cancer killing the game industry right alongside MOBAs and generic "open world survival games." I absolutely detest these worthless, shallow, ill-conceived, and metagame riddled heaps of garbage. The sooner Battle Royales and MOBAs die the better. They are the lowest common denominator and I'll be glad when they're finally suffocated to death by their lack of substance.

I doubt they're killing the industry. It's a trend.

2d mascot platformers were a trend.

3d collect-a-thons were a trend.

cover-based third person shooters were a trend.

There's been a ton of repetitive, shallow, ill-conceived shovelware trying to capitalise on the latest trend for as long as there have been innovative games to start them. Some day we'll look back on the handful of notable or quality battle royales, the forgettable schlock having faded into well-deserved obscurity... or carved into gaming infamy if they're particularly bad. The diamonds, no longer obscured by the rough, as it were.

I mean, the base idea of a battle royale game is more than solid. It condenses several larger genres - loot grinding games and whatever brand of action game it's a battle royale of along with some open world and MMO elements - and cuts out the fat for a simpler, more self-contained structure, alongside the ever increasing, almost thriller-like progression as they get forced closer together. That's solid. That's the reason they became popular in the first place. We only have as sour of a feeling because it's bloody everywhere and shoved down our throats

Tl;Dr Battle Royales aren't the problem, hack developers/publishers that mindlessly follow trends without actually knowing what made them good in the first place are.

PvP games tend to have *relatively* little variety of the sorts that Warframe has (because that hurts competitive balance).

Or, put different: "trash pvp" is classic pvp trash talk, but not a useful bug report nor feature request.

Also: I've played games which had "pvp endgame" and they became cash shop slogs.

(Be careful what you wish for, because you might get it and then hate it.)