D_Caedus

Auto block mid-air is a nuisance

As the title says, auto block mid-air is more a nuisance than anything. It completely changes the trajectory of your jump, ruining the movement of the parkour system.

For the most part enemies can't hit you mid air anyway, so the utility of this feature is small compared to it's big drawback.

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

It's frustrating that it's been well over half a year since DE introduced this system, but they still haven't properly separated autoblocking from aimgliding.

The weird part is, when U26.0 dropped, I could swear there were moments where autoblocking in midair didn't force an aimglide (as it should be). Haven't seen that happen in a while, though.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, D_Caedus said:

auto block mid-air is more a nuisance than anything

It's actually potentially lethal if you're using a Zaw with Exodia Contagion,
since the auto block gets recognized the same as a manual aim glide (DE why) and thus can trigger the self-damaging projectile.

Edited by NinjaZeku
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Twilight-Knight said:

Auto block is disaster . Who actually playing the game can easily recognize it.

It's not bad on the ground imo. But airborne... Whole different story..

• Upvote 1

I agree- the airborne blocking, especially with the change of trajectory (and sometimes it refuses to recognize you trying to override it with ground slam or anything) causes far more issues than it solves.

I cant stand it.

EDIT: After posting this I realized I had the "Toggle Aim" setting turned on somehow (weird since it did not used to be on). Turning it off made things alot better.

It is even worse than you highlighted. If you are running around with your melee weapon out, and you jump and hold right click to aim glide, when you land you will be walking with your primary weapon out and looking down the sights. Really slows down gameplay, and is disorienting as well. 

Edited by Internet_Toughguy

1 hour ago, Internet_Toughguy said:

with your melee weapon out, and you jump and hold right click to aim glide, when you land you will be walking with your primary weapon out and looking down the sights

Well, yes, you switch to your gun and aim, and that state persists upon landing. Should it not?

Like, if you don't want to aim once you land, stop aiming once / shortly before you land 😛