Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Index Feedback

Silvertap

I think index isn't really fun, i do it because i need. If i'm to say that i hate doing index, it would be a lie, but i do feel lazy about doing it.

Now when u do High Risk Index (the one i do), there is two maps, one reeeeally good and one bad. For me the good one is the cold/winter one, man that map is good, i can do a round in 5 min, the map funels to the objectives so u can defend properly, u can kill the flying, invible and teleporter enemies before they deliver their points, witch results in taking less points from the enemies and acumulating points faster. The bad map, is the new/reworked one. Maybe it is just me that don't know a good strategy for it yet, but my problems are: The obejectives are in a inverted "U" so the enemies take longer to get there, if u go to one side, some enemies go to other, if u choose a side u won't have time to come back before the enemies deliver their points, witch by it self make the index slower, also enemy radar can't really reach both sides if u choose one, nor it can reach the objetive as well. If i'm lucky i can do it in 6 to 8 min, but when i'm unluck it takes more then 10 min, twice the time for the good map. 

I guess we could argue that u cant say if something is good without the bad, but as i see it, a simple solution would be to let people choose witch map they want to play. I think people who do index are like me, they don't do it for fun, they do for the need, i think there is nothing wrong with that, since this is a grinding game and adquirimg resources is part of it, but i would be more confortable to let us choose the map, i mean, it would reduce pain... Also leting people chose would give DE a pratical feedback about the maps.

• Like 1

I agree, people have been complaining about this problem ever since the gas city rework came out.

I love the visual style of the new gas city and the new index map, but it's not very fun playing in it, because the enemies just spawn behind walls and stay behind them all the time, so you gotta constantly run chasing them from one extreme of the map to the other, and it's just not fun and not efficient. The new index map looks great, but it's not very good for playing in it.

If the enemies spawned and ran to the open to fight as they spaw every time the new map would be much better.

Also the old and new versions of the map are so different that they might return the old map as well, we can play on both, it didn't even look bad or outdated, there's tilesets that look so much more outdated but are still in the game, I don't see a reason to replace the old index map with the new one, just add both to the game.

The Gas City map is visually fantastic, but in gameplay terms it's boring to play and frustrating to put up with. Too large and simply finding the enemies is an exercise in annoyance, it also (at least in my experience) comes up at least twice as often as the much more enjoyable winter/outside map.

The old indoor map wasn't bad to play, this Gas City one just puts me off playing Index at all.

• Like 1