Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New player railjack and Empyrean just seems like Archwing to me after this devstream

k05h

2 hours ago, Kaizal said:

So from what I saw on the stream, the Railjack Reb had was quite underpowered, one of the things I noticed is that her machine-gun shots bullets that went in a straight line, while when she invaded a greneer ship, they had guns that chased after the target. My request/question is simple, will there be mechanisms, that make you tradeoff confort on a mission for how efficiently you are able to do it?.

tier 1 railjack guns
think she was more optimized into piloting than into the gunner skills

2 hours ago, Kaizal said:

Ideas: You could have weapons where you choose wheatear or not you want them to chase the target, but if you choose to not, the projectile does double dmg, same with shield, you could get a passive one that blocks 4000 fixed dmg, or one that blocked 8000k but it also lost health over time, so its only worth it to use it if you can tell when the enemy is going to do the most dmg.

could be part of the skill perk for gunner or a ship skill

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Lord-Childeric:

The level of bullS#&$ery we have to go on the forum since the last dev stream is 50% hilarious 50% sad... overeaction everywhere and trashtalk on something not even out, that showed 10% of its content, in 45min-1hour of exposition stream, with no finished balance repass etc etc

(Not to mention the numerous 'veteran players' who just want to rage comment about DE work (which I would never qualifiate as perfect oc), when at the same time they pridely say they barely play warframe anymore and just log once in a while because game is 'trash' --> I laugh hell hard everytime)

Its just history of blatant unpatched gamemodes (Still Hi Arbis, Orb Vallis, Eso etc. etc.) and experience from the past patches. You're going to be the same cynical forum user in the near future. Trust me 😜

Ha! Boi if some random newb will argue that Empyrean is too hard, I'm gonna redirect him to Elite Dangerous where you start from nothing, and literally no one holds your hand. Oh you just bought plenty of cargo for your last savings? Prepare to have your little hot rod hauler butt wrecked in 0,5 seconds from overenginered Anaconda, sending you few days of hard grind back, and if you REALLY flew without some spares for rebuy, you're gonna start from absolute zero. Have fun at open!

3 hours ago, Kaizal said:

So from what I saw on the stream, the Railjack Reb had was quite underpowered, one of the things I noticed is that her machine-gun shots bullets that went in a straight line, while when she invaded a greneer ship, they had guns that chased after the target. My request/question is simple, will there be mechanisms, that make you tradeoff confort on a mission for how efficiently you are able to do it?.

Ideas: You could have weapons where you choose wheatear or not you want them to chase the target, but if you choose to not, the projectile does double dmg, same with shield, you could get a passive one that blocks 4000 fixed dmg, or one that blocked 8000k but it also lost health over time, so its only worth it to use it if you can tell when the enemy is going to do the most dmg.

Basically, can players choose to make the game harder for themselves for a greater reward or not?

Pretty sure they went into mid tier missions with unmodded stuff, will probably be smoother for players who go better prepared.

2 hours ago, ValinorAtani said:

Its just history of blatant unpatched gamemodes (Still Hi Arbis, Orb Vallis, Eso etc. etc.) and experience from the past patches. You're going to be the same cynical forum user in the near future. Trust me 😜

What is wrong with Arbis and Vallis though? I mean arbis have turned into a pretty good game mode since they added useful rewards to it and Vallis is Vallis. Sure, more things could have gotten added there, new rewards from new bounties and such, but it is a solid place for the time you need to spend there. I do miss the third orb fight though, hope it comes sooner rather than later. Just as Disruption turned into a good mode aswell after it got shipped to other places in the game aswell.

I think the only mode that is really bad and needs a change is ESO.

The idea is do that with friends, clan mates or even alliance people

hace 10 horas, k05h dijo:

To fully enjoy the missions with railjack they need to master archwing and most nodes of the star chart. Otherwise they will all be degraded to fire extinguishing services other games have NPCs for.

Not a bad idea, was thinking more like crafting stuff, i cant trust my ship or my main guns at unkown hands.

Having a high amount of content available at the start is actually bad for new players. All it does is confuse anyone that doesn't know much about Warframe because the already unclear direction you're supposed to be going becomes even more unclear. There's a reason why games typically have a strict path to follow before splitting it up and letting you focus on what ever.

DE just needs to make sure the juice is worth the squeeze for new players so they actually stick around until they can access the new stuff.

A complete overhaul of everything leading up to The Second Dream would free DE up from feeling compelled to make the new shiny stuff new player friendly/accessible.

They've spoken of this on Dev Streams but all we've gotten so far is a shiny new intro cinematic which wasn't even produced by DE.

8 hours ago, Aadi880 said:

Tbh, im more curious on what the heck heliosphere is, and whether or not it will be out in the upcoming empyrean update. Its a new area, so thats something to explore.

In real life, the heliosphere is a big "bubble" of plasma kicked off by our sun as it hurtles through space carrying us along for the ride. Think of a comet's tail, it's sorta like that. It's located way at the edge of our solar system far beyond objects like Pluto and Eris and Sedna, just before entering interstellar space. Out there you'd have the kuiper belt, plus whatever else might be getting dragged by our star's gravitational pull.

vor einer Stunde schrieb SneakyErvin:

What is wrong with Arbis and Vallis though? I mean arbis have turned into a pretty good game mode since they added useful rewards to it and Vallis is Vallis. Sure, more things could have gotten added there, new rewards from new bounties and such, but it is a solid place for the time you need to spend there. I do miss the third orb fight though, hope it comes sooner rather than later. Just as Disruption turned into a good mode aswell after it got shipped to other places in the game aswell.

I think the only mode that is really bad and needs a change is ESO.

Mmh, let me guess? Maybe Arbis got tuned down with the revive system. I'm forced to play solo because I dont want to play the rezbot (still my personal problem afterall but I'm tired of the chat in Arbis: Revive me here and there and there oh and overthere as well). Maybe the rewards were bloated to heaven with the new rewards?

Orb Vallis? Hey they could implement some emergency missions which shows up randomly. Kill that, Rescue this etc. At the state of Orb Vallis right now it would be cool even to see a copy cats of GTA Taxi/Police Missions, Assassins Creed Stuff etc. Anything I could spend time on it after we got all Standing, Ressources and so on. Or some new challenges from the Vent Kids. Its so freaking annoying that past gamemodes arent fixed in to something that I want to play because its fun.

Edited by ValinorAtani

For new player there is a tutorial. Games are usually expected to have 1 beginner section. Sometimes games have 0. 

DE failed horribly by trying to make multiple(base game, cetus and fortuna). To this day the forced cetus for new players is actually not a good experience.

vor 11 Stunden schrieb (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu:

Well yea.....do you really think people should be given everything at 100 hours....?

This isn't some game you play for 2 weeks and you're done.

Then the railjack trailer should be honest and say:

"This footage shown cannot played by new players. This isnt something you can achieve in 2 weeks."

13 hours ago, k05h said:

When railjack gets released (I dont mean that vanity thing in my dry dock), new players will join the the game to see what all the fuss is about. 

But for new players it will be worse than experiencing Eidolon fights. To fully enjoy the missions with railjack they need to master archwing and most nodes of the star chart. Otherwise they will all be degraded to fire extinguishing services other games have NPCs for.

To really experience what the current trailers show in terms of space fight, new players have to invest weeks or even months before they are able to do so. It is worse than just a carotte on a stick. It is saying "play for 100+ hours to experience this fancy content". I can see many new players being turned down for good once they realise that those trailers are only for the chosen few and not for them.

It is something that really worries me 😞 

I mean WoW has also made content for the players for the 90+ levels and made trailers and it was fine. Honestly the fact that new players can even try it at all is kind of relieving to me.

I don’t know if any one else watching the DEV stream thought the shields were even less useful on the Railjack then shields in a normal mission. The battle they were in lasted 1/2 an hour and he shields were at 0 for 1/2 an hour.

All I’m saying is maybe we should split the shields into 4? Front back sides? Should still be 1000 on each side, but this gives the pilot at lest a little skill to add into the game. Rotating the ship to take damaged shields out of fire to charge, while full tank shots.

was anyone else thinking the same thing?

Edited by BDMblue
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, k05h said:

Then the railjack trailer should be honest and say:

"This footage shown cannot played by new players. This isnt something you can achieve in 2 weeks."

You know, you should seriously put some more thought before you type your comments because so far it makes you look like a total fool.

Why should the trailer be honest about something that's should be painfully obvious for every one? Just because some game put out a super cool new update doesn't mean it will be reachable for beginners for the first few hours of game-play.

Like many have pointed out in this tread in many games you can go to high level missions and places but its not a common practice and in fact is very rare to be in such a place if your are a newbie. Well why do you think its like that? Why do these people not play the part of the game they joint in for from the start? Is it maybe because they don't enjoy getting there asses whopped every few milliseconds?! 

Here is a little inside: new players don't have problems with content like nightwave, eidolons and what ever. And they sure don't have a problem with how much time they need to invest in order to reach that part of the game they've join in for. Soooo relax, the new players can handle it!

Looking at the amount of new resources,this can be an issue for solo clans or clans with a lot of inactives...

They also said that there will be updates monthly for railjack during tennovip this year.

Does that mean they are gonna pump up new resources every month?

Also another concern i have is the new resources might not be just be for railjack only stuff...as they can have them used to craft normal weapons and frames...and if they are clan research...don't think anyone would one another hema...or at least make the weapon/frame worth the grind in terms of power level.

Though this is not an issue for my ghost clan,but it can be an issue for others...especially those that i stated at my first sentence.