Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Metus Skin Overwriting Kubrow Energy Color

NenihS

My chesa kubrow has an Orange energy color, and this is visible as expected on the drahk & underbrush skins.

Using the Metus skin from the Nidus Deluxe bundle changes it to a light Blue color instead of inheriting Orange like the others.

This was not always the case; from the time of my purchasing the bundle (July 2018) up until about May (2019) it was displayed orange as expected. Many other pet and energy color displays have been fixed but this one has remained for quite awhile.

Images of the imprinted energy (eye) and displayed energy with the skin:

Spoiler

k3ZPeXl.png

Spoiler

qqkDEBN.png

I was somewhat disappointed to discover the discoloration still existed as of the Kuva Lich update (and still today)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a dilemma on what to suggest here because I totally want skins to retain their OG/artist intended colors, but I also want people to retain their natural colors, and so far there's no button on the UI to allow to copy its own default values on top, which could have a number of uses (I totally set the same values from the base version on same Prime frames).

So I guess I'll say that, if someone reads this, please consider adding Emissive and energy values to pets + adding a button to copy the values (like we can with Warframes to Syandanas and such) to those very own items.

Here's a weird one.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1160887-empyrean-ivara-prime-27010/

"Fixed incorrect Kubrow eye glow color when using the Metus Fur Pattern."

Assuming that does mean the Metus Charger Skin, it doesn't actually have eyes, though the color does relate to its other energy portions. However, there has been no change from the prior inconsistency noted (even in "new" appearance configurations). I appreciate that someone seems to have looked into this even if the fix didn't stick though

On 2020-01-09 at 5:20 PM, NightmareT12 said:

I have a dilemma on what to suggest here because I totally want skins to retain their OG/artist intended colors, but I also want people to retain their natural colors, and so far there's no button on the UI to allow to copy its own default values on top, which could have a number of uses (I totally set the same values from the base version on same Prime frames).

So I guess I'll say that, if someone reads this, please consider adding Emissive and energy values to pets + adding a button to copy the values (like we can with Warframes to Syandanas and such) to those very own items.

It would be an interesting dynamic to have inheritable colors without being able to edit them, as they seem pretty strict in allowing pet energy modification for some reason (which I don't mind, as I know there are people who spend a lot of time looking for particular traits). The ability to copy it over like you can with warframe default colors that you may not even have palette access to would be unconventional but not a bad idea.

So when you load a mission/first step into your liset, the emissives on your kubrow are still blue instead of whatever your energy (eye) color is? (I'm aware they they'll appear incorrectly when applying colors through the arsenal, and will be looking at that)

Yes, still blue loaded in the liset as well as in-mission, same as in arsenal.

Spoiler

A0ue7nj.jpgxpPpRYv.jpg

Even using a different 'fresh' appearance configuration does not alter it, and I never used the Randomize function for the brief period of time where as I recall it worked on pet energy.

Thanks a lot for following up with this.

• 1 month later...