Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Larvling somewhat not appearing?

(NSW)Arcen54

Question

As the title says do i have the Issue that, despite fullfilling all requirements for spawning Kuva Larvlings, and therefore creating Liches, they seem to not appear in any shape or form for me.

What happens to me is that i get a screen effect similar to a syndicate kill team, but no transmission afterwards whatsoever. No Kuva guardian prophecizing glorious death or honorable rebirth to a poor Grineer maggot that one's fate would otherwise be being turned into a meat smoothie, desecrated and tossed into endless darkness by a Nekros or simply been split in half by a overly eager Wukong with a sharp edged, pointy stick he calls a Zaw.

So the thing i wonder is:

Am i doing something wrong? Did i miss some little itzy, bitzy bit of a requirement to finally deliver Kuva Liches where they belong? (To Death's door and knock. Knocking with the Lich's head on the door of course)

My progress questwise is that:

-I have all starchart nodes completed (Can run Arbitration)

-I have almost all story quests done including The Second Dream, the War within and all after that. The only quest i lack is The Mask of the Revenant.

-Although not completed yet i am building the Crimson Branch inside my Dojo (I'm a One-Tenno Clan so far, therefore i'm the only one who builds stuff)

-I'm MR 17, close to MR 18 right now

We Switch-Tenno now had more than enough time to prepare. And although i got worried about the release of the Old Blood update like most Switch-Tenno did i prepared myself. Maybe to much as my Zaw kills your average wildlife Grineer so fast, so strong that i can only see an interaction possibility popping up only for a split second that, if i'm not mistaken, indicates that i can mercy him, but even before i can tab the right button to do this my meelee weapon has swung again, outright killing the Grineer i want to finish but not to standard kill 😞 It's worth noting that i take all fingers off from my controller as soon as i see this interaction possibility and my Zaw still swings one to two strikes until standing still after letting the buttons free.

So what the hek am i doing wrong that i can't get a single Larvling? I need help! I want to have a Lich, too now that we Switch-Tenno got the update running. And i have the feeling that others on Switch already got a Lich..... 

Edited by (NSW)Arcen54

8 answers to this question

Hopefully 😕

If the syndicate effect keeps coming, but nothing happening afterwards i get some doubts about the Larvling spawning working as intended. The Syndicate effect goes even so far as happening right on mission start, and then falling silent for the entire mission no matter if i'm done in 3 minutes or half an hour.

27 minutes ago, Soleyman1 said:

Though if you run Adaro (Sedna) a lot, you will get a kuva larvling for sure

I got my 4 on Cassini (Saturn), just dont leave when you've finished the mission, sometimes it takes time until it spawns and gets marked ^^"

Actually I think it's something related to what I faced some days ago. No larvlings spawning on Cassini. Then on one of them, after getting the screen effect, I killed a pack of mobs that were in the middle of a door and seconds after I got the larvling mark. In short, I think in order for a lavling to spawn it must be as a new enemy, therefore you need to kill some of the current existing ones in the mission.

Later, after killing that lich, I tested that theory capturing the target on Cassini and cleaning other mobs after getting the screen effect, and in all of those tests the larvling spawned

Edited by Lord__Sauron

5 minutes ago, Lord__Sauron said:

I think in order for a lavling to spawn it must be as a new enemy, therefore you need to kill some of the current existing ones in the mission.

exactly what I'm doing in there, killing like nearly every enemy. Idk if theres a limit how many enemies spawn on such a tileset, but it's true that the larvaling has to spawn as a new enemy. (unlike fissures)

Well, the issue solved itself.

My first Lich stepped into being right after i posted my last answer here.

On Adaro, he finally was chosen to trade his unworthy past, his live and soul for the gift of Imortality. And i was all willing to oblige. Now he's lurking for me 🙂

So it's somewhat supposed to be that i need do some trimming down of the local Grineer army size in order to get a Larvling to spawn.

Something i'll keep in mind

Edited by (NSW)Arcen54

4 hours ago, (NSW)Arcen54 said:

As the title says do i have the Issue that, despite fullfilling all requirements for spawning Kuva Larvlings, and therefore creating Liches, they seem to not appear in any shape or form for me.

What happens to me is that i get a screen effect similar to a syndicate kill team, but no transmission afterwards whatsoever. No Kuva guardian prophecizing glorious death or honorable rebirth to a poor Grineer maggot that one's fate would otherwise be being turned into a meat smoothie, desecrated and tossed into endless darkness by a Nekros or simply been split in half by a overly eager Wukong with a sharp edged, pointy stick he calls a Zaw.

So the thing i wonder is:

Am i doing something wrong? Did i miss some little itzy, bitzy bit of a requirement to finally deliver Kuva Liches where they belong? (To Death's door and knock. Knocking with the Lich's head on the door of course)

My progress questwise is that:

-I have all starchart nodes completed (Can run Arbitration)

-I have almost all story quests done including The Second Dream, the War within and all after that. The only quest i lack is The Mask of the Revenant.

-Although not completed yet i am building the Crimson Branch inside my Dojo (I'm a One-Tenno Clan so far, therefore i'm the only one who builds stuff)

-I'm MR 17, close to MR 18 right now

We Switch-Tenno now had more than enough time to prepare. And although i got worried about the release of the Old Blood update like most Switch-Tenno did i prepared myself. Maybe to much as my Zaw kills your average wildlife Grineer so fast, so strong that i can only see an interaction possibility popping up only for a split second that, if i'm not mistaken, indicates that i can mercy him, but even before i can tab the right button to do this my meelee weapon has swung again, outright killing the Grineer i want to finish but not to standard kill 😞 It's worth noting that i take all fingers off from my controller as soon as i see this interaction possibility and my Zaw still swings one to two strikes until standing still after letting the buttons free.

So what the hek am i doing wrong that i can't get a single Larvling? I need help! I want to have a Lich, too now that we Switch-Tenno got the update running. And i have the feeling that others on Switch already got a Lich..... 

you are doing a grineer missions of level 20 or higher?
as most people just run the capture on Saturn
while if you just simply run an catch target an head towards extraction you wont have the kuva larvaling spawn since there is a build in spawn cap so it cant spawn if you already reached the cap.
you pretty much would have to kill as you head to the objective an then slow down an kill as you walk to extraction till it spawns