Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

how to make Empyrean a good experience for everyone

AbdAllah-Hamza

Accessibility :

since a lot of new players will just join to try empyrean they will probably get putt of by the archwing grind so a good solution is to give all new players a MK1 archwing so they get to experience empyrian without grind or wait time and if they want to upgrade they will have to do archwing quest ect 

Matchmaking :

Alot of old players will love doing railjack missions with new comers and teach them the basics of warframe i am a noob myself and would like to enjoy messing around with railjack trying diffrent roles weapons tactics ect however i dont want to waste other people's time who want an optimal squad and to run missions as efficient as possible 

we need an option at matchmaking screen that can only be adjusted when you are at a certain  mastery so  if you want to run a proper team you select it and if you want to have fun dont select it 

I see where you're coming from, but...

Regarding point 1 - Obtaining archwing isn't that big of a wall.  I only have vague memories of my time starting out, but this is a nice threshold at the very least to have a good try of the non-empyrean content.

Regarding point 2 - I'm wavering.  I can see how it would work, but I can also see many people just not volunterring for the support experience.  I love helping new players, but at least for the start, I don't see many volunteering to do so.  Either until they've gotten to grips with it or until they've obtained what they need.  I can also see how it would help the more experience players, it would save some (few to be fari) of them having to type rage comments in chat.

Edited by GibsonPrime
  • Like 2

With Empyrean will also (at least eventually) be the tandem away missions.
Having other squads running objectives planet side while you're in low orbit.

I could see some revision to matchmaking as a result of this.
Give it a while to see what the practical snags are, and tool a new system.

It's not like our current matchmaking system is all that special.
A chat full of unrelated metas and abbreviations..
where new players should filter it to make any good use,
but don't know enough to filter it correctly.

We also have the forums, which I suspect will be way more popular for Empyrean squads.

I wouldn't mind an update.
Keep us posted on your thoughts and ideas, OP.
There will more than likely be much more talk about matchmaking in the near future.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, AbdAllah-Hamza said:

Accessibility :

since a lot of new players will just join to try empyrean they will probably get putt of by the archwing grind so a good solution is to give all new players a MK1 archwing so they get to experience empyrian without grind or wait time and if they want to upgrade they will have to do archwing quest ect 

your given a quest to get your first arcwing with the mission that you actually get to use it is low enough to grasp enough of how it works that you can figure out the rest of the mechanics through trail an error like the rest of the game.

odonata is mk1 arcwing

1 hour ago, AbdAllah-Hamza said:

Alot of old players will love doing railjack missions with new comers and teach them the basics of warframe i am a noob myself and would like to enjoy messing around with railjack trying diffrent roles weapons tactics ect however i dont want to waste other people's time who want an optimal squad and to run missions as efficient as possible 

we need an option at matchmaking screen that can only be adjusted when you are at a certain  mastery so  if you want to run a proper team you select it and if you want to have fun dont select it 

you know this would cause more of the elitism in the game with players setting it so that mr 16 would probability be the lowest.
we would have people who oppted into joining a persons railjack getting yelled at for not setting the MR lock as a rank 3 joins with the other 2 players being like rank 13 an 17. them saying wtf why you didnt set the mr lock an then abort cause they dont want to carry someoen.

the railjack once released is gonna have everyone pretty much being at the noob level as there gonna be
ship parts tiers that all the clans gonna work up through.
player skills that you actually gonna be leveling up to get certain perks that will make everyone be specialized into something an wont be able to max these skills out in a month.
alot of learning of how every system an function of the railjack even is as watching the Dev stream im still gonna be like 😮 omg whats this do an whats that do

• Like 1