Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrCasa

2019/2020 best Tank Frame ?

Question

17 answers to this question

hace 10 minutos, MrCasa dijo:

As a tank, do you say that a normal Rhino (not Prime) works well ?

There asre almos nothing changed between them, so yeah i does. And if it doesn't isd not a problem of the warframe, is from the build.

Also, try khora, she may not be tanky but her 2 can froze the lich and you get free shots(kinda a good warframe to deal with rad enemies, they cant go teleporting everywhere or creating doubles or just move arround making hadr to even land a hit(i had one of those liches, like a grashopper)

Octavia is a fantastic Lich Killer by the way. Spam crouch to stay invisible with her 3, send 1+4 at the lich and go ham with your melee. Bonus damage + invisibility + Lich killing itself by attacking your 1.

Other than that, I use Oberon Prime, with two augments (Phoenix Renewal to stay alive, and his 1st augment for bonus damage), but 0 forma. His 2 is a very good counter to toxics lich and their viral procs/rad proc.

Nezha and Rhino should both be able to hold up nicely against a Lich. Just use Warding Halo/Iron Skin against them. You shouldn't have too much trouble with Inaros either thanks to his massive health pool.

Rhino, Inaros, Nova, Baruuk...others. Just cause it's about to be a new year doesn't mean there's suddenly massively different builds and frames.

Hell I "tanked" a Lich with Mirage without using abilities...

I used a Volt (for pretty much everything). Place 2 shields, one short distance behind another and always keep one shield between you two. He'll charge you, roll past him or use Void Dash. He continues to shoot the shield, I continue to shoot his head with the shield's bonus.

Inaros with any lifesteal melee. I use Hirudo. You can also use Amalgam mod for Daikyu (or whatever it's called).

Spam E 'til you win. Mod for Corrosive.

Revenant can tank almost anything and do most mission types very well (especially solo!). He's also very good at killing Liches and surviving their attacks.

I use Wukong, his passive saves him a lot, I run him with adaptation and the twin helps out a bit also destracts him to attack the clone and not you. I have tried nezha but wasnt too happy with it and rhino is just too plain for me, Inaros with lots health armor and adaptation should be fine as long as you keep distance, I personally wouldnt use shield based frames as they are just at risk oh a slash proc or toxin or if their ability fails they rip. So yeah Inaros or Wukong are good for me make thme tanky and slap adaptation on them for another layer of reduction

Mine favorites:

- Gara

- Valkyr

- Wisp, her mote with high Ability Strength give her a lot of survavivability

- Ember. 

Any frame with damage reduction can be used, just learn to use it in the correct way, and use the one that is most suited to your playstile.

Best frame? Or best frame that doesn't cost 2k platinum or use a very specific cheese mechanic?

Best tank period right now is Inaros with Umbral Vitality, Umbral Fiber, Gladiator health and armor mods, and 2 R3 Arcane Grace. Total cost of over 80k endo, several million credits, and 2k platinum.

Second best (only because it dies to slash/toxin procs) is Hildryn with Fast Deflection, Vigilante Vigor, Fortitude, and a Decaying Dragon Key. This takes advantage of her passive by making her (now small) shield pool take less than 3 seconds to recharge. If you want to be sure you never die add 2 R3 Arcane Aegis (200 platinum each). If you go for max efficiency, you can even be able to cast your 2 to stop DoT from killing you as long as you time it perfectly.

Beyond that, Ironclad Rhino comes in third, with some builds getting up to 50k bonus health in a singe cast. I suggest this video to learn more. Total Cost: 10 plat for augments (if you don't have the right syndicates), ~200 plat for 2 R3 Arcane Tanker.

Any frame with damage reduction abilities.

Any frame that can reach 1500+ armor (as long as you have Magus Repair arcane lol)

-------------

I really enjoy Ember and have used her the most.   Valkyr is stupid easy mode.  I've used atlas.  Gara is pretty tricky but totally doable.   Garuda i'd have to remod for more tank lol, at just 1k armor 1k hp she was really fragile and her abilities didnt help much.  

Havent really used many others to fight the Lich.  

I've personally been using Nezha quite a bit, especially against liches. Warding Halo is a big help, as is the increased health orb drop from his Reaping Chakram augment. He can be squishier than say, a Rhino since his halo doesn't give 100% damage reduction like iron skin does, but he's a pretty mobile frame and his safeguard augment can help keep your teammates alive too.

Nezha with Adaptation (rank 8 is more enough) can tank all content provided that you can stay away from nullifiers. No platinum investment needed (Adaptation is easy to acquire in Arbitration), only a little bit of endo to rank up some mods (vitality and armor rank 8 is enough), and you don't even need an orokin reactor. Any fast melee with Healing return or any heavy melee with Life strike can be used for healing if needed. Unlike Rhino, who may die instantly after depletion of iron skin, Nezha has 3 seconds of invulnerability to recast the halo. Inaros may be not tanky enough against certain level 5 liches.

1 hour ago, Uthael said:

Amalgam mod for Daikyu (or whatever it's called).

"Amalgam Daikyu Target Acquired" for anyone who's interested.