Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Livestream # 15, So Let's Talk About Concept Art...

NIL0S

Seriously, i would be totally interested in a concept art livestream, as a filler maybe, right now though i don't think there is a lack of core topics that need discussing. The community is asking to be taken serious and wants answers (there is so many constructive and well articulated threads out there about Warframe's current issues that i won't reiterate), please stop sidetracking and derailing. If you even could just acknowledge certain issues and share your plan of attack on how you intend to solve them, also transparency on certain topics, like "We did ___ because ___ , in the hopes of ___ but ___ therefore ___ ." etc. Dismissing difficult questions with "It's just the vocal minority." or "It's a BETA, expect changes." isn't doing you any favours.

I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised by the content of Livestream #15.

It's nice that Concept Art is getting its moment in the spotlight, but a livestream about that and only that isn't going to make many people happy.

I remember that last time when they had a livestream with the animation team, near the mid-end Steve came in and he revealed information regarding other things that are more or less tied in with the animation. I think this could happen again.

Nevertheless, I can understand people's disappointment. I love the art of Warframe and I'm interested to see the concepts, especially since it will reveal new, future content at the same time. I often visit the art section here as well. However, I don't think that the current time is the best to address that, instead of the many issues that came with U10 and recent decisions, as well as old, lingering problems.

It's possible that it was part of their schedule to make the next livestream about concept arts, but maybe they should have changed their plans. Oh well.

Edited by Casardis

To do an art livestream right now looks like a bit of the good old 'smoke and mirrors', and if not that, at the very least it's clumsy.

Like the last livestream that was supposed to address many of U10s issues, yet ended up having the devs either A) completely silent B) absent or C) turtling in defense. Agreed, criticism is never easy to take (maybe the constructive kind is easier), the real problem here is a lack of communication.

Nobody expects Digital Extremes to be perfect and infallible, yet if they wish to keep being supported by its founders and paying customers they need to open up, if not downright taking advice from the community on how to solve things, at least be more transparent about their own vision/intentions!

A dev tracker would help with this too. Show us a time table, a list of things you want to tackle, and what is being worked on now.

Some of the more glaring issues have been left on the wayside far too long, some of us just don't know if we should bother for any longer.

Some of the more glaring issues have been left on the wayside far too long, some of us just don't know if we should bother for any longer.

Yep.

It's hard for me to put my displeasure with this announcement into words.

There's dozens and dozens of posts asking about communication, info, anything. 

What do we get? Art.

It's almost like they're doing this intentionally

Edited by Nugget_

Yep.

It's hard for me to put my displeasure with this announcement into words.

There's dozens and dozens of posts asking about communication, info, anything. 

What do we get? Art.

It's almost like they're doing this intentionally

Learn to expect it at this point, im not surprised at all.

The thing I like the least is that while in previous cases we were even encouraged to ask questions at the livestream announcement topic, now it's locked for #15. I know people complain about the Design Council not getting enough "power" but I doubt only listening to them is the way... let's hope it's locked for a different reason or at least it's just my misunderstanding.

It would be timely to ask them (again) about Dojo Vault's platinum reserves - it would be nice to actually use it for something useful, for example funding the emblem upload for the clan... it is chained to art even. Gotta ask it on livestream a few hundred times then...

____________  _ _  ____________

WotV_logo_gold_small.png

There's one thing we could expect, more informations about lore.

Indeed, art is related to the lore, so that's the only thing that will matter for me with this livestream.

If still no answer on the lore, then I'm done expecting anything on this side.

Art and Lore are truly important part of the game, and while they are doing an amazing job with art design, I still don't think we need an art livestream now.

There's so much potential in warframe, it's fun and it could be ten times better. People ask for answers, and we get a livestream with the designers which no one has issues with. (exept the one who designed the wind-tunnel parkour in derelict: I hate you >_< ........jk)

Maybe I'm paranoid, but I can't help but find this livestream a childish way to avoid community, and the answers people ask for.

I know DE artists deserve some merits and some credits, but taking a look at the forums it's clear that there are more pressing issues to face right now.

To do an art livestream right now looks like a bit of the good old 'smoke and mirrors', and if not that, at the very least it's clumsy.

A planned livestream is a planned livestream. While one can argue that there are more pressing issues, I would not attest DE any malice here. They are going through with the program. Communication issues remain, a stringent course with the livestream schedule could be part of that. If anything, DE is not adapting to the situation, but any devious attempt to distract, I would not see here.

I remember that last time when they had a livestream with the animation team, near the mid-end Steve came in and he revealed information regarding other things that are more or less tied in with the animation. I think this could happen again.

This happens every time Steven isn't there or if the stream is about a specific subject.

on one hand he nerfed stamina for no raison

Pretty sure they've given a reason. Multiple times.

Before: "Baaaw, stamina mods r useless nd i dun even need 2 tink about it"

After: "Baaaw, stamina mods r useful nd nao i need 2 tink about it"

- Warframe community.

This community needs to make up it's damn mind. Do we want things to be easy and thoughtless? Do we want artificial difficulty or do we want more strategy and real difficulty? Do we want Stealth or do we want Speed?

Edited by FatalX7

- Warframe community.

This community needs to make up it's damn mind. Do we want things to be easy and thoughtless? Do we want artificial difficulty or do we want more strategy and real difficulty? Do we want Stealth or do we want Speed?

How about make stamina actually worth something instead of slowing anything down? Reward players for using stamina, not punish them.

- What FatalX7 understood about the complaints

I fixed that for you. The complaint was: "These mods address issues the wrong way. We asked for you to fix stuff like the old-man-get up, instead we get 2% drop chance rare mods that don't even work properly." and then, "We still don't like the bandaid crutches, and now you nerfed Stamina some more, only intensifying the problems from before." - at least try to pick strawman arguments that have some difficulty in disassembling.