Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Defense Sortie are the worst

(PSN)Siramezz

Everyone camping at the Equipment makes it painfully slow. One player is plenty for that. Especially if you give the Equipment a well modded and powerful secondary.

Use mods which give Enemy Radar OR nuke the map. If your nukes are too weak, you'll still have the damage numbers telling you where the enemies are.

The sooner you clear them, the sooner the next wave spawns. It can actually be quite fast if done right.

3 hours ago, -skimmer- said:

With suggestions like these, people are obviously getting bored and lazy with the easy stuff.

I agree defense is boring with room clears. We want the game to be easy because the lazy frames are the most used. lol Saryn being number one because she makes all one room missions way to easy.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

that would be a dream come true.

I always avoid sorties where there's a defense stage.

There's a high chance of me falling sleep in the match, and I'm not even kidding. It's just that boring to me.

Just go in with speed Nova. If you can handle the extra damage to the operative, it will end faster.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

No. Spy sorties are the worst because you have to either have a premade team or run solo because people aren't competent at spy missions.

This 😄

I always moan when I see spy in the sortie. Looking at those random parties can be hilarious. Some people don´t even seem to look at the mission they´re about to play.

Defense is boring only on certain maps too big for nuke properly. The void one is painful because many times enemies remain in their spawn or wander around the map and you have to go kill them one by one. I only suffer defense missions on too big maps because of the poor pathfinding of the enemies, for the rest, nuking is usually the way to go and doesn't take that long unless there's a specially S#&$ty condition (like elemental enhancement) that makes enemies more resistant and takes a bit more to kill. But overall, the only problem with defense sorties is the huge maps sometimes appear.

Now spy... That one is to be done in solo or with a pre-made party, you rarely will get it done in pugs unless you bring an Ivara and specifically say in chat to let them handle you the 3 vaults (and even then, there's always a moron).

And if we want to talk about S#&$ty sortie bosses, why don't we say something about the ambulas with elemental enhancements? With a pre-made party is not hard, in solo, with the right frame and weapons can be done. But in pugs? Yeah... never again.

I won't say anything about defec(a)tion because awhen a sortie has that mission, I simply ignore it.

30 minutes ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

And if we want to talk about S#&$ty sortie bosses

3 words.

Augmented. Armor. LEPHANTIS.

If I see that as the 3rd mission I just throw my hands in the air and avoid the sortie altogether.

2 hours ago, Aldain said:

3 words.

Augmented. Armor. LEPHANTIS.

If I see that as the 3rd mission I just throw my hands in the air and avoid the sortie altogether.

That's because people go in with their generic builds. Some bosses also require specific setups to be easier (just like spy missions do). That's why I get 90% damage done on such missions while people with Rubico, Opticor or Dread grow questionmarks above their heads.

11 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Drop in lvl 400+ with a lvl 20 Defense Objective

Try it with a suicidal sortie defense operative instead. I took that fool's gun away after he had me backtrack babysit him for the umpteenth time

16 hours ago, -skimmer- said:

actually just raise the levels of sorties by +30 across the board. With suggestions like these, people are obviously getting bored and lazy with the easy stuff.

Yes please, but no operative

42 minutes ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

I wish DE would explore more monsters over numerous units as a possible threat in any form of a mission....

They did. There was an event... A Corpus defense mission where hyenas/zanukas/whatever spawned. Anyone remember the name?

The mistake back then was that they made the mission available to new players, too. It was too difficult.

Late-game players still cheesed it as we do with every content.

19 hours ago, Uthael said:

They did. There was an event... A Corpus defense mission where hyenas/zanukas/whatever spawned. Anyone remember the name?

The mistake back then was that they made the mission available to new players, too. It was too difficult.

Late-game players still cheesed it as we do with every content.

The Proxy Rebellion: I actually had a lot of fun in that...hence why I'm like throw in some bruisers..

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, (PS4)jaggerwanderer said:

Defense Sortie. Radiation Hazards. I leave groups whenever a Saryn is being use. They just don't care. Even worse if when the defesive operative get's the proc with someone's secondary. Bastard go crazy shooting the team.

I love working around all that! That's the kind of challenge I wanted from Warframe! A reason to force a player into Operator mode.
Well... I'd hate it if some content were locked behind it. But I like having the choice of entering such a game for some common rewards.

My only negative feedback about the Operative is that he's uncontrollable. And if he can't move, he GLITCHES out!

Would be great if he could just sit on a Fosfor Rahd or follow a Specter (which you order to stay put).