Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Suggestion - Weekly loadout

WaterWolf11

Disclaimer: I'm probably not the first person to suggest it but ill take all the credit, Also I know there is a randomizer already in the game this is something separate. 

My idea: Every week give players a fixed randomized loadout for example Chroma armed with Miter, Quartz, and Lecta. The weapons and frame would be unranked. The weapon and frame pool should avoid story, prime, and very weak weapons such as Stug, or the Tetra. Gravimag'd weapons however are up for debate.

Any Forma and potatoes you put into the loadout will be refunded back to you at the end of the week.

Edited- At the end of the week notify the player and give them the option to buy back the loadout for plat at discounted price, also have it clearly marked that it is a weekly changing thing to avoid some rage of it changing.

Why should this be added?
A person playing this game for the first time might not know what frame or weapons they enjoy playing with or should grind towards. This would give them the option to explore without grinding and possibly becoming burned out.

Should these frames and weapons count toward your Mastery Rank?
No because we all have to suffer the grind.

Other things that can be done with this?
Add a global ranking system to see who has the most kills, missions done, etc done with the loadout. Give the top X% a reward, top 100 a better reward and the top 10 the best reward so it has something for more experienced players.

Tie it into Nightwave some how? I don't know if you paid me I would come up with some more ideas.

Can we also get a suggestion tab for the forums please?

Edited by WaterWolf11
Addition of further ideas

22 minutes ago, WaterWolf11 said:

My idea: Every week give players a fixed randomized loadout for example Chroma armed with Miter, Quartz, and Lecta. The weapons and frame would be unranked. The weapon and frame pool should avoid story, prime, and very weak weapons such as Stug, or the Tetra. Maglev'd weapons however are up for debate.

This example is contradictory. Chroma is a quest frame, yet used as an example. Is your idea to only exclude 'some' quest frames? Note: Maglev is just a mod. I assume you are thinking of 'Gravimag'.

How does this suggestion benefit DE? 

This is like a more expanded concept of what Arbitrations do.
They buff a random frame and weapon to give unique emphasis and benefit to encourage different loadouts in late game.

There's one advantage in your suggestion, being able to take things you haven't used for a spin.
Like a random potential to test drive these things before you commit to them

I think if people have to level it to 30, there will be a legit frustration of people who can't keep it.

So to expand on that idea and tie it into profits for DE..
What if, you can choose to buy it at discount if you've leveled it to 30 during the trial period?
"I'm not going to level that twice, but I do want to keep it."
Could be profitable if it catches on, and expose people to off meta options without the crafting requirements or build time.
You keep the affinity only if you buy it, because you didn't build it yourself.
..Still think people would be mad about that. Not sure.

27 minutes ago, WaterWolf11 said:

Disclaimer: I'm probably not the first person to suggest it but ill take all the credit, Also I know there is a randomizer already in the game this is something separate. 

My idea: Every week give players a fixed randomized loadout for example Chroma armed with Miter, Quartz, and Lecta. The weapons and frame would be unranked. The weapon and frame pool should avoid story, prime, and very weak weapons such as Stug, or the Tetra. Maglev'd weapons however are up for debate.

Any Forma and potatoes you put into the loadout will be refunded back to you at the end of the week.

Why should this be added?
A person playing this game for the first time might not know what frame or weapons they enjoy playing with or should grind towards. This would give them the option to explore without grinding and possibly becoming burned out.

Should these frames and weapons count toward your Mastery Rank?
No because we all have to suffer the grind.

Other things that can be done with this?
Add a global ranking system to see who has the most kills, missions done, etc done with the loadout. Give the top X% a reward, top 100 a better reward and the top 10 the best reward so it has something for more experienced players.

Tie it into Nightwave some how? I don't know if you paid me I would come up with some more ideas.

Can we also get a suggestion tab for the forums please?

Seems like quite a hard idea to implement.