Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mirage needs a rework or few tweaks!

Shidonia

Well as the title says,

We all know that Mirage is a great warframe with flashy looking abiltiies and her prime along with Banshee Prime and upcoming Ivara Prime among the best looking warframes out there! But I do feel like she needs few tweaks after playing with her for a very long time purely because she is a better looking assymmetrical alternative to Loki.

Her first ability and clones, umm, they always appear wonky or delay in many runs. Personally, the augment is great and these clones have synergies with her 2 and 3, but DE pls either make them go full kage bunshin and run around (like Wukie's celestial twin), fight and take out the enemies with cool moves just like she does in the prime trailer or keep them pinned but let em dodge the bullets with melee while she casts her prism or stays passively. Because I have done few tests in the simulacrum and while these clones are attracting the enemy fire they're just too close to the main frame and endanger her or worse, when she is in a crowd, open her up to the enemy fire from four sides.

Her second ability

This ability, with the augment, now a nuke ability and is being used on ESO runs as an alternative to the other strong frames out there. Was always a fan of her second ability and the augment. Buff was just a cool addition to it. But loots are important especially energy and health orbs andthe las time I saw Mirage tagging along with Nekros/Trinity was during raid schoolbus was a thing. Also she has doppelgangers, like why would she? If loots are really necessary to be taken either lower the energy cost of this ability or let the ability remain castable as long as there are sufficient energy orbs within the radius. Basically make it drain from the loot. The range of this ability is huge and most of the times I as a player convert everything to proximity mines without even knowing.

Eclipse is perhaps being reworked everytime when DE Steve changes the lighting mechanics of the game but most of the times i find this ability too unreliable.. It's a great ability and the thought behind is super dope (strategical positioning, surroundings, map knowledge etc) but the maps and the lighting in game is making her light coat behave weirdly. This ability could receive a synergy right from her kit rather than the environment, which allows us to switch in between the mods (smoke&light) just like equinox's day'n'nite. Perhaps, a hovering prism spell to be the light source just like Skyrim's alteration school??

Prism.

Any prism is ok try out "x27"

Ok jk

I mean I'm really not sure about this ability. This one got a lot of tweaks and changes to it's mechanics. This ability used to be the biggest stars of her kit because unlike other warframes, this particular ability didn't needed to deal damage but it was opening up a room for cc which was really suited to her trickster theme. Either scrap this ability and write her a new scene or tweak it back to something else but damage dealing. Because prism isn't the one when it comes to damage dealing.

Her passive is ok but probably if in the future DE decides to rework her, might get revisited. I really like this frame but I do think she needs a full look to her abilities rather than few tweaks to this and that. She deserves it!!

Thank you for reading. I would like to hear out your opinions on possible tweaks/reworks you would like to see to her kit.

47 minutes ago, Shidonia said:

Eclipse is perhaps being reworked everytime when DE Steve changes the lighting mechanics of the game but most of the times i find this ability too unreliable.. It's a great ability and the thought behind is super dope (strategical positioning, surroundings, map knowledge etc) but the maps and the lighting in game is making her light coat behave weirdly. This ability could receive a synergy right from her kit rather than the environment, which allows us to switch in between the mods (smoke&light) just like equinox's day'n'nite. Perhaps, a hovering prism spell to be the light source just like Skyrim's alteration school?

IIm some 99% ssure prism already is a light source valid for her 3 and more importantly, that "hover over head" version of prism (as a augment) is in game... stuck behind pvp (much like atlas rumbler suit).

And while repeating myself, (since a few DEmembers noted no incentive for pvp augments being ported over) i still think her 2 and 3 should default give the shadow efect all the time (or possibly 1/3~1/2 of the effect that become stronger when in shadows) and get the light when in light OR the prism is out+for the duration of its blind ontop of it (thus if in shadows with prism active, having both at max value). Even fits the jester/smoke and mirrors theme where the blinding light distracts from her in the shadows even more than the mirror images do.

She needs a tower defense mini game, where she goes around sleight of hand-ing turrets to defend points.

Another thread mentioned they'd like tower defense, and this would be one way to sneak that in.
...would also make me want to own a Mirage, or get another game for the game systems, which I've forgotten the name of from disuse.

i fail to see how Hall of Mirrors would not always be a great boon in the distraction role. Enemies shooting near you rather than at you is definitely preferable to... at you, and if those Clones weren't there, they'd.... just be shooting at you like other Warframes.

and rather than making things more automatic, Mirage has multiple Abilities, and those Abilities could offer one options to allow Mirage to have the capacity to create whatever lightning scenario that is desired (albeit with restrictions on where you can be).

1 hour ago, Andele3025 said:

IIm some 99% ssure prism already is a light source valid for her 3 and more importantly, that "hover over head" version of prism (as a augment) is in game... stuck behind pvp (much like atlas rumbler suit).

And while repeating myself, (since a few DEmembers noted no incentive for pvp augments being ported over) i still think her 2 and 3 should default give the shadow efect all the time (or possibly 1/3~1/2 of the effect that become stronger when in shadows) and get the light when in light OR the prism is out+for the duration of its blind ontop of it (thus if in shadows with prism active, having both at max value). Even fits the jester/smoke and mirrors theme where the blinding light distracts from her in the shadows even more than the mirror images do.

Been there already↙️ Mesa made her waltz tho 

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/895255-prism-guard-conclave-augment/

49 minutes ago, taiiat said:

i fail to see how Hall of Mirrors would not always be a great boon in the distraction role. Enemies shooting near you rather than at you is definitely preferable to... at you, and if those Clones weren't there, they'd.... just be shooting at you like other Warframes.

and rather than making things more automatic, Mirage has multiple Abilities, and those Abilities could offer one options to allow Mirage to have the capacity to create whatever lightning scenario that is desired (albeit with restrictions on where you can be).

Hey, in fact clones do help more in terms of survivability. To be honest they're more reliable than eclipse's DR. The thing which I'm trying to state here is, the aim of the ability and the mechanics of it feel like they are clashing a bit?!?

Like place yourself into the middle of the room and consider you are somehow 'surrounded' by 5 heavy bombard units in that big void room. You are facing the north. There is your enemy, unit 1! There are 4 more tho. These bombards are facing right at your clones which means they're going to attack from northwest, southwest, southeast and northeast of you... Basically what's happening in this scenario is that you are going to get yourself killed if there is no terrain height difference. Because projectiles will hit the main body even if the clones were doing their job. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Shidonia said:

Hey, in fact clones do help more in terms of survivability. To be honest they're more reliable than eclipse's DR. The thing which I'm trying to state here is, the aim of the ability and the mechanics of it feel like they are clashing a bit?!?

Like place yourself into the middle of the room and consider you are somehow 'surrounded' by 5 heavy bombard units in that big void room. You are facing the north. There is your enemy, unit 1! There are 4 more tho. These bombards are facing right at your clones which means they're going to attack from northwest, southwest, southeast and northeast of you... Basically what's happening in this scenario is that you are going to get yourself killed if there is no terrain height difference. Because projectiles will hit the main body even if the clones were doing their job. 

yes, Hall of Mirrors is effective. i wasn't the one implying otherwise here?

and how is your extremely specific scenario any worse by having Hall of Mirrors than not? the answer is it isn't, the Bombard Missiles were still directed to farther away from you. the Bombards are roughly 80% less likely to be attempting to shoot you in particular, but instead more likely to shoot something that is near your position. inherently reducing the Accuracy of any Enemy you encounter.
if Hall of Mirrors wasn't active, the Missiles would have just hit you directly anyways, so......

from another angle (ironically considering what i'm about to say), if the Clones did just go off and do their own thing, would they still shoot at where you're shooting at? because they'd essentially never actually hit anything you're aiming at to say the least, since they would be 'somewhere in the same Mission as me'.

On 2019-12-08 at 10:12 AM, taiiat said:

yes, Hall of Mirrors is effective. i wasn't the one implying otherwise here?

and how is your extremely specific scenario any worse by having Hall of Mirrors than not? the answer is it isn't, the Bombard Missiles were still directed to farther away from you. the Bombards are roughly 80% less likely to be attempting to shoot you in particular, but instead more likely to shoot something that is near your position. inherently reducing the Accuracy of any Enemy you encounter.
if Hall of Mirrors wasn't active, the Missiles would have just hit you directly anyways, so......

from another angle (ironically considering what i'm about to say), if the Clones did just go off and do their own thing, would they still shoot at where you're shooting at? because they'd essentially never actually hit anything you're aiming at to say the least, since they would be 'somewhere in the same Mission as me'.

The rework to wukong proves the otherwise tho Celestial Twin is almost always beside wukong just like venari

i'm really in favor of making shadow mirage the default for Eclipse and make it require prism for the Light effect or give it a secondary activation to switch into light more,  also: reduce prism's energy cost a bit and give it a new much faster casting animation, prism's cast animation is ridiculously slow,

Sleight of Hand should just be changed to always be a blinding explosion regardless of light or shadows, there is no situation where anyone would want a 200 dmg small explosion that only scales with Power Strength instead of a 5 second blind that scales with Power Duration, adding a guaranteed corrosive proc on the blinding explosion would be the icing on the cake

4 hours ago, DarthIronclad said:

I do have ideas on some mirage touch ups,and made a post in fan creations not too long ago,but is prob long buried...

Basically an overall buff and making her abilities more consistent too

I will find it from your profile