Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

What The Hell Is With The Mastery Rank 11 Test?

Diarist

After severe burnout from ranking up weapons to hit Mastery Rank 11, excited to FINALLY rank up, I'm welcomed by what is literally an unwinnable test. You know, it's bad enough that a majority of these mastery tests aren't fun to begin with, and it's bad enough that it looks like I'm in a Starfox 64 level, but really, what am I supposed to do here?

qF4aaJF.png

I can't move forward. This is as far as I can possibly go. There are no more platforms to jump to, no more spheres to kill, nothing. I've gone back to the beginning and ran through it again, the timer hits 0 but doesn't do anything (which by the way if the timer did work, there's not nearly enough time to get through this, what is practically a labyrinth. Yeah that's real fun). There is literally nothing for me to do. So what? I gotta quit and wait 24 hours to take this unwinnable test again?

I just want my rank 11 already. This should not be a problem. I wouldn't even care if I failed it (implying it was actually a fair test), 'cus then I could just be like "Oh, well I'll just do so and so next time and that'll work better." But no, the test is actually presenting itself as unwinnable, and not to mention borderline impossible if it actually functioned properly.

Fix it.

EDIT: Just a note. I got to the end with time to spare. This still occurred. 

Edited by Diarist

It isn't unwinnable by any stretch of the imagination, it's just bugged and does not end the mission when you fail.  If you let your timer hit zero seconds, you lose (but due to the bug, you won't be kicked out).  If you reach the end of the mission (where you're standing in the screenshot) without ever letting your timer dip to zero, you'll win as expected.  I finished this challenge about a week or so ago.  Took a couple tries to realize the lose-state is bugged, but after I figured that out it was a pretty easy clear.

Edited by Wriith

It isn't unwinnable by any stretch of the imagination, it's just bugged and does not end the mission when you fail.  If you let your timer hit zero seconds, you lose (but due to the bug, you won't be kicked out).  If you reach the end of the mission (where you're standing in the screenshot) without ever letting your timer dip to zero, you'll win as expected.  I finished this challenge about a week or so ago.  Took a couple tries to realize the lose-state is bugged, but after I figured that out it was a pretty easy clear.

I got to the end with 2 seconds left to spare. It didn't make a difference.

I got to the end with 2 seconds left to spare. It didn't make a difference.

Doesn't matter.  If you dip to zero seconds at any point you're unable to win.  I finished with 10 seconds my first try, but because I hit 0 at some point during the run I couldn't clear it.

Doesn't matter.  If you dip to zero seconds at any point you're unable to win.  I finished with 10 seconds my first try, but because I hit 0 at some point during the run I couldn't clear it.

I didn't hit zero until I got to the last platform. Do I need to repeat myself again?

I didn't hit zero until I got to the last platform. Do I need to repeat myself again?

If you'd like to, sure.  It is beatable.  You may have not noticed yourself hitting zero, but I have a feeling ya did at some point. *shrug*

"You know, it's bad enough that a majority of these mastery tests aren't fun to begin with,"

If only you could play the new Rank 9 test. It's a stealth challenge and it is amazing. Though supposedly it doesn't work without Dynamic Lighting enabled (not a problem for me)

They know about this bug, They have acknowledged it and are working on it.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/111980-mastery-test-from-10-to-11-bug/?hl=%2Bmastery+%2Btest+%2B11

I ran into this bug once, but the next time i did the test, i made sure to never let the timer hit 0, and i hit each target along the path, and it worked for me.

Edit: This test is doable, you need to make sure you are hitting pretty much every target. If you miss one, you won't have enough time to finish.

Edited by BenZeb