Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Desperately Needs a Buff!

QUB1TO

Since the condition overload big nerf, excalibur umbra's damage significantly died straight down (specifically Exalted Blade). Also since exalted blade doesn't really benefit from the new combo counter and new heavy attacks from the Melee 3.0. This poor fallen God needs DE's attention. EB's purpose is to deal damage at a medium distance, why would he needs to be near and as close to the enemy to benefit from the new melee system of heavy attacks and combo counter. It's like excalibur was forgotten because he cant really utilize Melee 3.0 because he has basically no combo counter. 

Number 1) Old Condition overload is gone 2) his EB's base crit chance is too low to be efficient with crit( can only reach up to 55%cc because EB cant use blood rush) . 3) Chromatic Blade was made for the Old Condition overload, not this new condition overload that is basically a slightly improved version of Primed Pressure Point. 

Please DE, excal needs your attention.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Funny enough Exalted Blade is the best exalted weapon by default now. If you switch out the slot used for CO with heat damage you can get some damage that’s almost indistinguishable from its previous damage output.

But yeah CO needs to be revisited. The other exalteds are in a very bad place now.

Dunno about Iron Staff, but my Valkyr Talons doing 300k+ dmg on spammable heavy attacks doesn't look too weak. Baruuk's exalted isn't too far off Valkyr either.

Edited by TheRealShade

38 minutes ago, TheRealShade said:

Dunno about Iron Staff, but my Valkyr Talons doing 300k+ dmg on spammable heavy attacks doesn't look too weak. Baruuk's exalted isn't too far off Valkyr either.

Yeah, I’m not very keen on the fact that we have to rely on heavy attacks to actually deal damage. Especially for exalted weapons. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Aldain said:

If anything they need to change his 3.

The Exalted problem however is an issue for more than just Excalibur.

Always felt like that should cost energy  to do while using the Exalted Blade and doing a Slam attack or heavy slam or something. 

And replacing his 3rd with something new and useful instead of a copy of his 2nd. Cause all it is, is just a copy that actually does a little damage but stuns for even shorter. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sunder said:

And replacing his 3rd with something new and useful instead of a copy of his 2nd. Cause all it is, is just a copy that actually does a little damage but stuns for even shorter. 

Skill 3 is hardly a copy of skill 2. I think if radial javelin could hit an infinit amount of targets(like a normal radial attack) within its range it would be a good skill.

edit: Went back and looked at the radial javelin stats, might need a buff on range and damage. But I would guess no more than a 50% increase.

Edited by Frendh

They both stun for a short time

Just one deals damage, the other doesn't. 

Damage that falls off pretty quickly once you get through some of the star chart. Not to mention the damage buff you get from blinding enemies is more beneficial than the small damage you do from Radial Javelin. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sunder said:

They both stun for a short time

Just one deals damage, the other doesn't. 

Damage that falls off pretty quickly once you get through some of the star chart. Not to mention the damage buff you get from blinding enemies is more beneficial than the small damage you do from Radial Javelin. 

A ton of radial damage abilities disable the enemy. Frost skill 4, Volt skill 4 and so on. It is a generic attribute. Not something "copied" from skill 2 to skill 3.

2 minutes ago, Frendh said:

A ton of radial damage abilities disable the enemy. Frost skill 4, Volt skill 4 and so on. It is a generic attribute. Not something "copied" from skill 2 to skill 3.

I'm aware but while playing in-game the two abilities serve the same purpose. Low level missions? Excal's 3rd is wonderful. Clears big groups easily. Even as you progress further on it'll kill weaker enemies and you can just easily clean up those who remain. But anything higher than that and their function is pretty much the same with just one being more beneficial. 

I enter a room with eight level 60 enemies. 

I can cast Radial blind and blind them all for a decent duration, giving me a damage boost against them, not to mention opening a finisher for more than likely an insta-kill. 

Or...

I can cast Radial Javelin and do so little damage to them to the point it's negligible. Followed by them being stunned for a shorter amount of time so they resume firing upon me. 

First thing would be to remove radial javelin and replace it with a defensive tool for Excal. Spamming blind shouldn’t be his only way to survive. 

I’d also like slash dash to just be a straight line dash so it’d work better with surging dash (something akin to how rhinos ironclad charge works)

Another thing would be to buff the base damage of all exalted weapons. 

For EB specifically it needs a buff to its crit chance, crit damage multiplier, and if they don’t want to let its waves build combo then the base damage has to be upped significantly. Also waves should atleast stop combo from falling. So you could go for a combo EB build and not have it be a complete pain the ass to maintain. Another nice thing would be to make it so chromatic blade doesn’t remove the ips and just adds the elements. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AlphaRyuuxx said:

First thing would be to remove radial javelin and replace it with a defensive tool for Excal. Spamming blind shouldn’t be his only way to survive. 

I’d also like slash dash to just be a straight line dash so it’d work better with surging dash (something akin to how rhinos ironclad charge works)

Another thing would be to buff the base damage of all exalted weapons. 

For EB specifically it needs a buff to its crit chance, crit damage multiplier, and if they don’t want to let its waves build combo then the base damage has to be upped significantly. Also waves should atleast stop combo from falling. So you could go for a combo EB build and not have it be a complete pain the ass to maintain. Another nice thing would be to make it so chromatic blade doesn’t remove the ips and just adds the elements. 

RJ can just be apart of his 4ths melee ground slam attacks just like blind is with slide

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, _Schokolade_ said:

no that would be way to strong

Then the RJ on slam attack should honestly only be on heavy slam. We use slam attack a decent amount to move around, especially when we need to land quickly. Also I'd honestly just prefer we just have a normal slide attack. We already have 2 for blind and since we're removing RJ it makes sense to put it on his EB.

Edited by AlphaRyuuxx

Just now, Wolfdoggie said:

My issue with excal is I feel like he has the same skill 3 times. his 2, 3 and spin attack with 4 up all generally do the same exact thing. The damage on 3 is so low that it doesn't matter, it's the same skill 3 times.

Yeah i said above already but they really should just remove slide attack blind for a regular slide attack and turn his 3 into a defensive tool

16 hours ago, QUB1TO said:

Since the condition overload big nerf, excalibur umbra's damage significantly died straight down (specifically Exalted Blade). Also since exalted blade doesn't really benefit from the new combo counter and new heavy attacks from the Melee 3.0. This poor fallen God needs DE's attention. EB's purpose is to deal damage at a medium distance, why would he needs to be near and as close to the enemy to benefit from the new melee system of heavy attacks and combo counter. It's like excalibur was forgotten because he cant really utilize Melee 3.0 because he has basically no combo counter. 

Number 1) Old Condition overload is gone 2) his EB's base crit chance is too low to be efficient with crit( can only reach up to 55%cc because EB cant use blood rush) . 3) Chromatic Blade was made for the Old Condition overload, not this new condition overload that is basically a slightly improved version of Primed Pressure Point. 

Please DE, excal needs your attention.

The nail that sticks out shall be hammered down is the new trend when it comes down to damage capability or fun factor of anything in Warframe. It’s simply too powerful and gives players too much fun so it’s nerfed to the ground.

I really hope that instead of returning EB to its former state DE will change its concept. Melee weapons are too good now to limit yourself to just EB.

So here's an idea on how to improve Excal's ultimate.

Exalted Blade as a weapon

Exalted Blade loses its waves and receives Garuda Talons treatment. It means that Exalted Blade will only be used when you don't have any melee weapon equipped. It still can be modded separately, gains access to all melee mods, its stance gives additional capacity, it no longer drains energy when equipped (and you switch to it by quick melee or holding weapon switch button). Basically, EB becomes a regular melee weapon, but exclusive to Excal and having its own stance.

Exalted Blade as an ability

Gets a different name, because now it's not just about EB. Using new Excalibur's ultimate buffs your equipped melee weapon in damage, speed and range department, the buff is determined by power strength and range. It also adds wave projectiles to appropriate combo moves (maybe allow them for limited types of weapons only: swords, dual swords, machetes, nikanas). Waves will add to combo counter, but only on first hit. Chromatic Blade augment no longer removes IPS from the weapon.

Edited by Xaero
  • Like 1

He does need a bit of love (especially in the QoL department) but I don't think he needs anything major. Look at poor Nyx, for example.

• Would highly appreciate ALL exalted weapons gaining polarity from their stance mods.
  • The new neutral combo feels... awkward to say the least. I don't think the old one needed any fixing to begin with. Maybe it's just me and I need to get used to it.
  • Sacrificial Steel feels great to use on a bunch of weapons but I can't say the same for Exalted Umbra Blade, which is ironic to say the least. I just want DE to encourage players to not forma out the Umbra polarity (cuz you ain't getting that back) and give Umbra a bit more in the base crit chance (15% -> 20% would result in him getting 75% crit chance). IMO this is the only damage buff he needs
  • Radial Javelin is undoubtedly a useless ability but I don't think that all of his abilities have to be good. 
Edited by (NSW)Keryion

7 hours ago, (NSW)Keryion said:

Radial Javelin is undoubtedly a useless ability but I don't think that all of his abilities have to be good. 

That's like saying like they should've left Wukong's 1 (iron jab) the same because all of his abilities don't have to be good.

7 hours ago, (NSW)Keryion said:

Sacrificial Steel feels great to use on a bunch of weapons but I can't say the same for Exalted Umbra Blade, which is ironic to say the least. I just want DE to encourage players to not forma out the Umbra polarity (cuz you ain't getting that back) and give Umbra a bit more in the base crit chance (15% -> 20% would result in him getting 75% crit chance). IMO this is the only damage buff he needs

It's definitely not the only damage buff he needs. All exalteds need an overall increase to total damage because of how the new combo system works, with every other weapon getting a damage buff and not them. All exalted weapons also need an increase to their crit damage increased, with all of them right now having just a basic 2.0x multiplier. And then EB and baruuks waves should be tweaked to either build combo, either at a slower rate or just make it so it halts combo decay. 

Edited by AlphaRyuuxx