Jump to content
Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it worth fishing and mining?


kwlingo
 Share

Recommended Posts

When you have Tusk Thumper and Orb Mother for loots. I was fishing for the nightwave and every time I had killed the enemies around and then throw a bait, some enemies or the Thumper would spawn by my location. lol waited so much bait and within an hour only caught about 6 rare fish.... Maybe this is intended for the difficulty of nightwave missions?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, kwlingo said:

When you have Tusk Thumper and Orb Mother for loots. I was fishing for the nightwave and every time I had killed the enemies around and then throw a bait, some enemies or the Thumper would spawn by my location. lol waited so much bait and within an hour only caught about 6 rare fish.... Maybe this is intended for the difficulty of nightwave missions?

in short of it
when u enter plains u either go lower left or lower right corner of the map and look for hot spot (or whatever its called) in water it takes around ikd 3-7 mins (depending on ur luck and fishing skill) to finish challenge using murkray bait and catching them

as for orb vallis u go just behind building from which u exit the elevator and there is a lake where u just look for hot spot on warm weather and use longwinder bait to catch them and again 3-7 mins (depending on ur luck and fishing skill) and ur challenge is done

in both cases u dont need the bait to do so but just then it will take longer for rare fish to spawn

so in short of it if u know what to do challenge can be done fast

so enemies around u or fact that thumper and orb mother exist wont make much difference anyway
 

and on top of that u use volt to fish u do few steps left and/or right then if u trow ANY SPEAR U GET FROM CETUS into any fish its 1 hit catch since well read volts passive 

Edited by ZeroX4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you are fishing by day on the plains i would suggest to get Murkrays. If you have the bait and fish around the east ocean you get the task done quite fast.

If you are fishing in the Orb Vallis i would suggest fishing after Charamote. Easy to get and there is a good spot for them in a cave to the east of Ustara Crater.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Since they added 2 more resources to railjack, and the only way right now to get them is by mining, its a yes.

But at the exact moment you have all modular weapons (zaws, k-drives, amp, kitgun, MOA) the use of mineral resources or fish stuff is reducet to barelly nothing(some warframes or clan research). And as you said, we have missions or enemies that can drop mineral and fish resources for that.

latest?cb=20191125041512&path-prefix=es  

Pustrels, red mining places on Plains of Eidolon

latest?cb=20191125041537&path-prefix=es

Copernics, red dots, orb vallis

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You don't need to spend as much time to fight those that drop them and they're scattered everywhere instead of going to a place while you can get more in similar or less time

Also, how am I supposed to get fishes for my aquarium and wall trophies?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, zoffmode said:

If you need more than 2 baits to finish 6 rare fish challenge, I'd say you're using wrong bait or wrong location/time or something.

I got 17 from Tusk Thumper 4 spawns, about 15mins from each and little to no spawn for Murkury fish showing up during day on ocean.  One of the baits I throw, none spawned from the hot spot. If the Task isnt spawning then the enemies flying single aircraft or the airship that carries 3-5 enemies. So as you can see, the enemies are constantly spawning every 5 mins or less. If Im lucky then they don't swing by but seems like they are just spawning to fly into the direction of our location instead of flying to any random spot away from our spot.

 

1 hour ago, ZeroX4 said:

as for orb vallis u go just behind building from which u exit the elevator and there is a lake where u just look for hot spot on warm weather and use longwinder bait to catch them and again 3-7 mins (depending on ur luck and fishing skill) and ur challenge is done
 

A few months ago this fishing was what I used to up my standings in the Plains because a 10-15min fishing trip could yield me a days worth of standing limit verses an 20min run on the highest bounty 5/5 for 4,500 standing points.  But now seems the spawn rate is super slow for rare fish and enemies keep popping around, not like back then. Luckily on Fortuna enemies are not as bothersome compared to Plains. Mush easier because in caves almost never will enemies spawn down there after killing them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kwlingo said:

A few months ago this fishing was what I used to up my standings in the Plains because a 10-15min fishing trip could yield me a days worth of standing limit verses an 20min run on the highest bounty 5/5 for 4,500 standing points.  But now seems the spawn rate is super slow for rare fish and enemies keep popping around, not like back then. Luckily on Fortuna enemies are not as bothersome compared to Plains. Mush easier because in caves almost never will enemies spawn down there after killing them.

maybe bad luck for u i dont experience it so harsh as u
for me rare fishes spawn same as usual without enemy disturbing me much more than before in fact its still rare to me to get attacked by them in 3 spots i described in my 1st post
idk how u fish but i always try to catch everything that swims there maybe u try to fish only rare ones and thats the problem

i noticed that catching whatever swims in water make rare fish spawn faster

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think for common resources, and if you have a loadout and good enough technique to farm them efficiently, then Exploiter and Thumpers might be quicker, but you still aren't guaranteed a lot of the Rare gems, whereas with enough mining you might be able to. it's really just an alternative method, aimed at people who prefer combat over Fishing and Mining.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, FRTE_Ret5o said:

Since they added 2 more resources to railjack, and the only way right now to get them is by mining, its a yes.

Words can't describe how much I hate it. It almost seemed like they recognized that mining is a completely garbage minigame that everyone despises, so they made it almost entirely optional, requiring maybe five minutes once a month for Nightwave. And then they did a complete 180 and decided to require thousands of the damn new resources. One step forward, ten steps back.

Edited by SordidDreams
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SordidDreams said:

Words can't describe how much I hate it. It almost seemed like they recognized that mining is a completely garbage minigame that everyone despises, so they made it almost entirely optional, requiring maybe five minutes once a month for Nightwave. And then they did a complete 180 and decided to require thousands of the damn new resources. One step forward, ten steps back.

They required 100 -120 of each and the resources are going to be obtainable by using your railjack so there is an alternate way to get them

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Troposphere6 said:

They required 100 -120 of each and the resources are going to be obtainable by using your railjack so there is an alternate way to get them

Watch the dev stream, pay attention to the crafting requirements of the stuff they show. See that there? 5K copernics. That's five hundred mining minigames, assuming you get copernics every time and mine perfectly every time (neither of which will happen). For one item out of dozens. It's like they're trying to drive people away from their game.

Edited by SordidDreams
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SordidDreams said:

Watch the dev stream, pay attention to the crafting requirements of the stuff they show. See that there? 5K copernics. That's five hundred mining minigames, assuming you get copernics every time and mine perfectly every time (neither of which will happen). For one item out of dozens. It's like they're trying to drive people away from their game.

Watch the dev stream and you'll see that copernics from the asteroids in the railjack missions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Troposphere6 said:

They also said non of the numbers were final and that it was a storm clan they were playing in

If prior experience with previous major updates (PoE, Fortuna) is any indication, that just means the final numbers are going to be even higher and it's going to take years before they're adjusted.

Also, it can't be a storm clan. Storm clan resource requirements are ghost clan requirements times ten. There's a requirement for 7 komms, which is not divisible by ten. It is not a storm clan.

Edited by SordidDreams
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...