Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we pretty please not have the prompt...

DLDeath

Can we pretty please not have the prompt to attack your lich if you don't have any requiem mods installed!  I know it's my fault but when fighting mobs I go in a beserker mode and whenever I see the press X button to kill your victim.  Muscle memory kicks in and I'm hitting the button faster than I can think it's a bad idea.  So it ends up being a throw away level for the lich and he'll become level 5 eventually due to my luck of not finding the correct combo.  Another thing that would be cool in your lich encyclopedia for your dead liches put a red slash over their face.  So this way you can tell between your converted ones and your dead ones.

Regarding the prompt, if it's important to you why not retrain your muscle memory?  Don't suppose it would be hard for DE to add, but why stop there?  My melee should only do something if the game works out there's something in melee range, and my gun should only fire if the reticle is over something.  Why not the reverse to auto-mercy the lich if you've got mods installed?  All these requests impact performance and increase code complexity, bugs and unwanted interactions, but most importantly they remove the important aspect of the game which is making decisions.

since you wouldn't be able to do anything in that scenario anyways then it makes some sense but at the same time would that prevent someone that wants to get 10 murmurs for failing on a Lich from being able to do so?

1 hour ago, Invisibleaxeman said:

All these requests impact performance and increase code complexity

....the extra few lines for this is entirely insignificant, and... performance cost? slow down with the pseudo science.

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

....the extra few lines for this is entirely insignificant, and... performance cost? slow down with the pseudo science.

wasn't referring to this specific request but to the combined effect of all these requests to remove agency, quite a few around the forum.  besides, lines of code aren't what count but how often they're run, a loop can be one line but have a major performance impact.  plus, more code = less optimised and more to go wrong.  i can accept i'm overreacting slightly but pseudoscience, no.

24 minutes ago, Invisibleaxeman said:

i can accept i'm overreacting slightly but pseudoscience, no.

more than slightly. this is an extremely simple boolean check we're talking about here, and since you can't change Requiems in Mission, it would only have to run once per Mission......

whether i want or do not want said feature notwithstanding.

29 minutes ago, Invisibleaxeman said:

wasn't referring to this specific request but to the combined effect of all these requests to remove agency, quite a few around the forum.  besides, lines of code aren't what count but how often they're run, a loop can be one line but have a major performance impact.  plus, more code = less optimised and more to go wrong.  i can accept i'm overreacting slightly but pseudoscience, no.

Lich down, parazon check, computer chokes on decision.  I'm thinking you seriously need to upgrade your computer.  

it wouldn't just be a boolean check, and while you're right about requiems not changing, the number of checks per mission could end up being for every enemy opened to fnisher, depending upon how DE have implemented player input.

for a feature that removes player agency while doing nothing useful i'd continue to overreact more than slightly by saying even one boolean check is wasteful