Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

K-Drive

SlayerSaturn

Question

So I know a lot of you probably looked at the title and went "Oh, this again." Well, I think I have something different. So I want to obtain a custom K Drive, I looked at forums and found that I need Ventkids standing, in which I then looked at how to get standing. "You need to perform tricks with a K Drive". Well, how do I perform tricks on my K Drive if I don't have one? "The starter K Drive"..... I never got a starter K Drive though, and whenever I go to look at my K Drive equip area in my Arsenal, I can verify... I do not have one. Any ideas what happened?

4 answers to this question

Adding to what kapn said, you don't actually get a K-Drive in your inventory when you complete the quest, just the launcher. And the launcher will summon the default K-Drive when you don't have any other K-Drive equipped.

If the launcher still doesn't summon the K-Drive then the quest may have bugged - my GF had troubles with that and had to restart their game to get it working. If that still doesn't work then you may need to put in a support ticket.

I think he is still screwed a little bit.  

You need to finish Vox Solaris noobie quest when you first enter Fortuna to get your k-drive Launcher.

Equip that to your gear wheel so you can deploy it on open worlds.  (alot of people dont figure this out for awhile lol)

Newbie K-drive will not reveal the location of races.   Have someone with a custom board take you to Orb Vallis and waypoint the races for you.   Different races are worth different amounts of standing.  Theres 4k races and 5k races that are the best to grind.    There are always 5 races on the map.   The races change every day at reset.   (theres an achievement for hitting all 23 races in the game).    With two players its kinda hell glitchy but in general you can replay races as much as you want.  

Once you have a custom K-drive,  you can see where race points are on your map but you have to be ON your k-drive.  If your on foot or archwing you cant see them   

------------------------

If your in a clan or solo dojo there are these things in the Tenno Lab called  Loc-Pins.   Craft up about 10 of them.   You can place them on open world maps and label and color them and they stay there forever or until you destroy.   

I use these to mark the exit to open world,  the 4-5k races in Orb Vallis,   The mission tents in PoE.    Keep in mind PoE has two kind of tents.... ones that let you pick any tier bounty, and ones that give you the same tier as your previous mission but different objectives.  (good to know for Nightwave).