Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Founder Stuff (not toxic)

OcyrusGaming

Hello there so while watching Tactical Potato's video other day (i bet you can guess what one) i realized something about the whole founders pack thing which is really a struggle for DE

so i dont know the whole agreement as im not a founder myself

and i am aware that they wont re-release anything from it, in fact i dont want them too the founders made a risk on a game that could fall and it paid off

but here's the thing and im sure you've heard it before

DUAL SKANA PRIME

AKLATO PRIME

lets be honest, how could DE ever implement them the trouble is with both sides, if DE gave it to the founders as a "hey thanks for staying with us so long have this etc" that would make certain people angry as when it comes to exclusives everyone who gets it loves it and those who dont hate it.

but if it were given out to everyone that would be really really unfair.

so more or less i just want to hear from the community on this.

would those two weapons ever exist in warframe? and if so how?

P.S its in the title but i'l say it again, please no toxicity this is simply a fourm for how on earth these weapons if ever could make it in the game

P.P.S this is also not a rant but rather a discussion

Edit: just saw how much plat they got from the highest tier.  Bruh the sad thing is thats like maybe 1 god riven for a rubico these days

Edited by OcyrusGaming

I mean the only struggle is with people not being able to accept that 2 old weapons and a prime variant of a frame are no longer available anymore. Instead of going with the "technically aklato prime and dual skana prime would be new weapons" they could just make prime variants of other weapons and let the founders keep their stuff exclusive. If you cant live without 2 definitely non-meta weapons then the problem is you and you should work on that.

• Like 2

I've never played a game where eventually the "founder only" items weren't either given or made available to everyone. Or a damn close copy of it, so close that you had to have both of them side by side and look carefully to see the differences.

I'm not a founder in Warframe, but I've BTDT in numerous other games. Founder pack money only makes you special until it's spent and they realize that founders are a small minority and the majority will pony up to have the founder items.

26 minutes ago, 3rdpig said:

Or a damn close copy of it, so close that you had to have both of them side by side and look carefully to see the differences.

That's pretty much why Umbra exists.

Many games have founder goodies that are only available for those who pay for the packs and the items never are re-added for the rest of the playerbase, which is alright. I'd like to have an Aklato Prime though, Dual Skana Prime would be cool too, I suppose. And whether the weapons would be made as another set of paid exclusives or added temporally in the form of relics, there would not be any conflict with the founder items, since Aklato Prime would be: Main Blueprint, x2 barrel, x2 receivers x1 link ; Dual Skana Prime would be: Main Blueprint, x2 blade, x2 grip.

2 hours ago, OcyrusGaming said:

but if it were given out to everyone that would be really really unfair.

so more or less i just want to hear from the community on this.

would those two weapons ever exist in warframe? and if so how?

I'm not familiar with TP's video as I don't watch them typically.

The issue has come up over the years and I never noticed Founders particularly annoyed with the notion of them being released as they weren't founder exclusives to begin with. DE has already given Founders what they said they would...and then some.

There will, no doubt, be some who complain but I'm inclined to believe that the majority wouldn't care regardless.

That said, they could always remove all discussion on the matter and just make the gear be Umbra instead. 

• Like 1

Call it being greedy or petty, but I like my exclusive weapons and frame that I got for putting faith into a game that at that moment had no future like we see today. I'm sure if you would've spent that money with the promise for exclusive items you'd want it to stay exclusive too, doesn't matter if it's a akimbo or dual wielded version.

• Like 2

Well i am no founder, so I don't have the weapons.
I don't feel I left out with not having them.
What I do kinda wish was possible is that I belive it was China that got Excalibur Prime.
I know he might not be the best frame ever or the most powerfull.
And I know we got umbra as well.
But still for a feeling of completing. I would very much like to have an Excalibur Prime.

(Also as I said. I believe it was China that got Excal Prime. But I am not sure. I could be completely wrong about that)

7 minutes ago, FurianStorm said:

(Also as I said. I believe it was China that got Excal Prime. But I am not sure. I could be completely wrong about that)

China actually got Excalibur Umbra Prime, only reason we ever got umbra was the fact people loved the design so much

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

yeah no.

no need for them anyway IMO since Lato Vandal is beastly with a Riven and Prisma Skana is awesome since the melee rework. all you're missing really is the aesthetic.

aesthetic is 90% of what drives players, fashion frame is endgame for a reason

• Like 1

I really don't care about the 12K mastery.  If you want to use a good single sword or pistol there are numerous options available and for excal prime they made a powercrept version in umbra that lets you use a full set of umbral mods to boot making it even better especially when sentient tileset rolls around the difference between the 2 only grows.  

1) It's not like i would use them... i would want them for MR EXP
2) I think they should have something extra
3) I think that they should've given out special Skins (but yea... that would make other people mad again)

Over all I think that it is stupid that some people will always have more MR EXP than others, but yea... once you hit MR27 it becomes a grind to 28, because right now you need the lich weapons. I'm 28 now and with the future release of the "Corpus and Investetd Lichs" i wonder how many things we have to grind for MR29 and MR30.... those 12k MR exp seem like almost nothing, but they can also hurt if you just need a little bit more exp for the next MR.

I dont think that (besides Rivens) that there was any lockout by MR (maybe kuva weapons 99% only grind for MR anyways?)

It's nice to always have 28 points on new weapons and a forma brings you more points right away.... all the extra standing per day that helps with relic packs and future standing grind, but i also have to say that it triggers me a bit that i know that there are things that i will never get my hands on. Well, at least they're not shown grey in the profile... because that would kill me deep inside anytime i look at it.

As a collector who always tries to get everything possible, it extremely grinds my gear that my collection in the end, is incomplete.

I don't really care about 12k MR because there will be more MR fodder in the future. But my profile will never have Exca Prime, Lato Prime and Skana Prime. Imperfect collection. I don't care how hard it could be to get, as long as it is still possible to get them. But it is, in cruel reality, impossible. Such bullsh*t that I always try to forget.

It is even more unfair that I knew about Warframe just too late. And just because of that, I could never get those 3. I can buy the pack, but I cannot, not because of my (dis)ability.