Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Connection error after factory resetting my pc

B-sian

Question

I have been playing warframe for almost 2 years now. The computer was fine a month ago, but it started getting really choppy so i factory resetted my pc. After factory resetting, i kept getting kicked out of games and forced to play alone. Some games would last 5min before I was kicked out, and when I was the host, people would just join and then leave. Could anyone help me with this problem?

7 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

PC specs and OS?

Windows
Intel i3 CPU 3.3GHz
12Gb ram
Nvidia geforce gtx 960

I know i got a bad CPU, but it havent been a problem before.

Edited by B-sian

ah~... close enough. Your hardware isn't as bad as you think. What's probably happening is that you're being artificially slowed down by your OS, because Microsoft thinks that your computer is outdated. (which is slightly true) But instead of notifying you which hardware component is outdated, it simply slows down your entire hardware. This behavior keeps escalating the longer you use a Microsoft OS.

On top of that, Microsoft's networking capabilities are known to be~... less than optimal for any activity that goes beyond the simple "internet explorer" use.

This behavior, however, doesn't exist on a Linux distro. I have a similar PC that is running Warframe with other players without losing connection, and with a steady performance.

2 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

ah~... close enough. Your hardware isn't as bad as you think. What's probably happening is that you're being artificially slowed down by your OS, because Microsoft thinks that your computer is outdated. (which is slightly true) But instead of notifying you which hardware component is outdated, it simply slows down your entire hardware. This behavior keeps escalating the longer you use a Microsoft OS.

On top of that, Microsoft's networking capabilities are known to be~... less than optimal for any activity that goes beyond the simple "internet explorer" use.

This behavior, however, doesn't exist on a Linux distro. I have a similar PC that is running Warframe with other players without losing connection, and with a steady performance.

Ah I see, thanks.