Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boomering Xmas

DangerHobo

Question

My Nephew told me today he wanted Destiny 2 for Christmas for Xbox one. I will get him that because it's only $25. I also want to get him Ivara Prime access so he can see that Destiny is just a Microsoft money hole and a 6/10 game. How do I do it? If I buy him Xbox one gift card it will be wasted on Fortnight, Destiny, and other garbage I don't want to support. How do I buy prime access for a kid with no Warframe account to a non-garbage WF like Atlas. If I started Warframe as Atlas I would have meh'd the whole game and missed all the good stuff. Right now we are scheduled to meet in Estes Park, CO. on the 15th. Two days before a good frame is buy-able. Even so I'm not sure how to "ear mark" that $50 bucks to Warframe.

TY Tenno, I also don't want to reveal that I like WF because kids instinctively know that if your uncle thinks it is cool it is in fact not.

Edited by DangerHobo
I wasn't done and space bar is now carage return

8 answers to this question

The bad news is that good taste is not something you can transplant into someone who doesn't want it. 

I would suggest that telling him that "his game" is no good would provoke a similar reaction to him saying it to you.  Also, if you talk about it, what might be the best way to talk about WF would be to agree that he wouldn't like it - but phrased as a challenge. 

As in - "Yeah, there's a ton of different frames rather than the three classes in D2.  It can be confusing until you master it." 

If he has no warframe account but I'll have to agree with the poster above, there is no way to actually get him Prime Access without feeling forced.

What you COULD do is get him Destiny 2, let him wear it out a bit and then recommend him trying Warframe like "Oh you wanna check out this game like Destiny that I play? Its super fun".. better yet even playing it with him if you can. That way you can introduce a game much better than buying prime access because unlike buying a game, Prime Access isnt like a gateway to a game. Its something he'll only be able to appreciate once he gets into the game.. 

Once you introduce him to the game, then get him a prime access for his birthday or something, whichever is relevant then.

Also side note, if you dont want him spending money on Fortnite and all, you could always get him a Steam gift card.. Its great value around the winter sale :)