Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A 3rd option for Liches, add progress rather than just dice rolls.

(XBOX)KayAitch

Right now Kuva weapons are just random. Each time it's a new dice roll. You might get a 60% Kohm on your first Lich, you might get a 30% Kracken. Those odds are the same on your 100th Lich.

There's no progress, and there needs to be to keep up playing.

So, new idea: Kuva Forma.

When you kill a Kuva Lich you should get a 3rd option: Convert, Vanquish or Consume.

Consuming a Lich gives you a Kuva Forma blueprint, which costs 1 regular forma and 1000 Kuva to build. Consumed Liches cannot be traded.

Kuva Forma add a forma polarity (rather than replace) so that weapons can have two (or more) matching polarities in a slot.

Except they also boost the bonus stat of any Kuva weapon depending on the current amount on the weapon your applying it to:

- 5% if below 30%

- 4% if below 40%

- 3% if below 50%

- 2% if below 60%

- 1% if below 65%

- Past 65% it has no further effect.

This means that you can progress the Kuva weapons you already have for any Lich you defeat.

This makes the endless dupes into actual progress, gives value to low-roll Liches, and adds a way to progress Kuva weapons that feels like less of a waste of time than just the 5 forma (without the stat boosts the Paracesis gets).

Eeeeh, no, that's not something I would enjoy. I would prefer it if boosting our kuva lich rank actually improved the weapon's bonus stat. Give players REAL incentive to risk death against their lich, encouraging us to "cultivate" our lich.

Shadow of Morder was available on Steam for $10 over Cyber Monday. It's now full price, but... it's easy to pick up and play with to see how a nemesis system should work.

16 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

I'd rather Liches be allowed to go above rank 5 and increase enemy levels by 5 per rank to allow you to raise the stat bonus of the gun by a small percent. More risk for a guaranteed 60% reward.

Wouldn't everyone just always do that?

16 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

I would prefer it if boosting our kuva lich rank actually improved the weapon's bonus stat. Give players REAL incentive to risk death against their lich, encouraging us to "cultivate" our lich

Liches increase in level when you fail. If you're super lucky you can kill your Lich at level 1 and save yourself a bunch of time.

Higher level Liches aren't more difficult it requiring any skill, they're just slower to kill.

DE know this, and they absolutely are not going to let you get the best version of any Kuva weapon on first roll just by playing a couple of higher level missions. Everyone would do it immediately.

16 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Shadow of Morder was available on Steam for $10 over Cyber Monday. It's now full price, but... it's easy to pick up and play with to see how a nemesis system should work.

Yes, in old devstreams they talked about lieutenants and working your way up to the Lich. What we have is massively cut down from that. Bit outside of scope for this little idea though.

15 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

This isn’t really introducing actual progress into the system. You still have to go through a long series of RNG grinds

You don't, because the Kuva Forma is a guaranteed increase in stats. You know how much gain you'll get and you know every Lich can give you one if you don't want their weapon.

This isn't to fix the general grind on Liches, I have other ideas for that...