Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Request For Coders/programmers

Renathy

Hello, fellow technological Tenno!

This request comes out rather simple, you see. I've been working on an Excel page with various, sorted out sheets to manage my weapons, mods, equipment and among other sorts of gear, and find out what I'm actually missing and what I need, whatever else, depending on the sheet.

Let's take one of my many gear management sheets, for example:

qonc.png

See how ugly and unedited it looks? There could be a higher formatting, such as the respective images for each item; An easier way to tick what I own. All this can be achieved in Excel, except it takes its time and it still doesn't look as good-looking as a website/program, where it's all coded already for you to just tick; pick a blueprint part you're missing; quick access into the Wiki, for more information about said gear item; decent sorting, with images/icons for their respective gear items; etc.

I hope this can be worked out in the future, along-side an online storage for a player's information, which would hold account registration or something alike.

Edited by JRMC

The coding for a table of such a caliber on a website is very simple.

Enter in your HTML code, use <table> and simply add cellpadding, background color, and add checks and X's as you go on.

Infact... something like this could be a custom thing for Wiki users, to sign in and edit their own page themselves...

You should just edit your "profile" page of your Wiki login, if you have one, and add it yourself, it's not too difficult if you're so worried about it.

The coding for a table of such a caliber on a website is very simple.

Enter in your HTML code, use <table> and simply add cellpadding, background color, and add checks and X's as you go on.

Infact... something like this could be a custom thing for Wiki users, to sign in and edit their own page themselves...

You should just edit your "profile" page of your Wiki login, if you have one, and add it yourself, it's not too difficult if you're so worried about it.

I'm not sure if I understood you correctly. I am a basic editor in the Wiki for Warframe, editing nothing but a few values and such. But I really want something more than a couple of ugly tables.

I've been scripting with papyrus and coding a calculator to find the number of runs that you will have to do before you get what you want

not a huge fan of data display.

If you mean data display as in publicly, that's not what I was aiming for. I don't want to display my data, I just need an easier and prettier way of doing so.

If you mean data display as in publicly, that's not what I was aiming for. I don't want to display my data, I just need an easier and prettier way of doing so.

Can't really help you there, I just use the power of memory to store all my data

Why on earth would you want anything not on a website? At least those are accessible on all devices, rather than have your data on that one machine at home. You could use your tablet (if you don't have a second screen) while playing to update the data. Websites are the way to go, native applications are dying out for a lot of stuff..

Having said that, I'm working on something like this for personal use.

Edited by MueR

This request comes out rather simple, you see. I've been working on an Excel page with various, sorted out sheets to manage my weapons, mods, equipment and among other sorts of gear, and find out what I'm actually missing and what I need, whatever else, depending on the sheet.

qonc.png

See how ugly and unedited it looks? There could be a higher formatting, such as the respective images for each item; An easier way to tick what I own. All this can be achieved in Excel, except it takes its time and it still doesn't look as good-looking as a website/program, where it's all coded already for you to just tick; pick a blueprint part you're missing; quick access into the Wiki, for more information about said gear item; decent sorting, with images/icons for their respective gear items; etc.

I hope this can be worked out in the future, along-side an online storage for a player's information, which would hold account registration or something alike.

I can code this pretty easily if you will provide me with files that contain all existing blueprints.

And about online storage - just where exactly do you intend on storing it?

qonc.png

My suggestion would be to change your table from X's and checkmarks to color coding.  An example might be red background on cell for item you don't have blueprint for and haven't built.  Yellow background for item you have blueprint for, but haven't built.  Green background for item you've built and/or built and sold because you didn't want it.  For the last one you might want to change the text color to red or yellow to symbolize an item that is ranked up to 30 and then sold.

He/She seems more focused on the page for themselves.

From what I read the OP dislikes how basic the table looks.

That is correct but I am not fully focused on the page layout. I am open for feedback, although I haven't stated such.

That is correct but I am not fully focused on the page layout. I am open for feedback, although I haven't stated such.

Using HTML, enter in this exact code

*after Doctype, body, title, etc*

<table cellpadding="15" border="5" cellspace="2" bgcolor="*any color you want*" width="90%" cols="3">

<th center="align" bg color="*somethingtostandout*">(Head Title)</th>

Use <tr> for a new row and <td> for a new cell within each row. Make sure you close then with the </*input*>

Message me for more info. Glad to help!