Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

question about new kuva lich

(PSN)tissot555

Question

So I just came back after about a 4 month lay off and I got right into getting a kuva lich. I admit I bought a lich from a player. It was for the kuva tonkor. Anyway, I've been playing warframe for years. I know as well as anyone this game has never really been challenging at least not when you have all the best gear and op rivens, which I have. However, I was getting one shot by the lich (it got up to level 5) on my atlas prime that has 1389 armor, 1872 health and adaptation. So im just asking, what don't I know? Are the lichs meant to be group content? I would say that Im just not used to the content yet but that doesn't explain why I was getting one shot...over and over. Can someone please shed some light on this for me? I don't know if this means anything but the guy I fought was orghgg horr and is was for a tonkor with 56% toxin.

12 answers to this question

Liches that have a Tonkor or Ogris have pretty high Base Damage values, + Level Scaling. if it has an Elemental Bonus that is strong vs our Health Types, that will also be painful.
oh, yeah. Toxin Bonus means that the Lichs' Weapon ignores most of your Armor + a massive Damage Bonus. it's the same reason why Toxic Ancients deal so much Damage to us.

that's not all that out of the ordinary. just empty its current Health Bar, it doesn't attack while it's "dead", thankfully (first time any Enemy has ever respected anything interrupting their actions other than actual death in this game, amazing).
in other words, just shoot it first so it can't shoot you.

you're Atlas anyways, if your Guns weren't Modded to suit for the content, then Landslide probably atleast was, maybe.

Edited by taiiat

2 minutes ago, taiiat said:

Liches that have a Tonkor or Ogris have pretty high Base Damage values, + Level Scaling. if it has an Elemental Bonus that is strong vs our Health Types, that will also be painful.

that's not all that out of the ordinary. just empty its current Health Bar, it doesn't attack while it's "dead", thankfully (first time any Enemy has ever respected anything interrupting their actions other than actual death in this game, amazing).
in other words, just shoot it first so it can't shoot you.

you say that but it's not like i could one shot the guy and I was shooting with a very strong riven modded gun that was his weakness. His health bar was moving but nothing close to one shot him and during the fight I'd just get one shot. Even the pugs on the team were all getting one shot lol. I think the player that finally helped me beat him called in an arch gun. I was just wondering if they are all this tough

5 minutes ago, (PS4)tissot555 said:

Even the pugs on the team were all getting one shot lol. I think the player that finally helped me beat him called in an arch gun. I was just wondering if they are all this tough

oh, you weren't Solo? Friendly Fire is always a possibility then, there's some Lich Abilities that apply Radiation Status.
that does make more sense, as Player Weapons are still even more extreme.

also keep in mind that Liches still have normal Health Types on top of the extra Resistances/Weaknesses (some weird Health Type choices but shrug). so what Damage Types it says the Lich are weak to are not necessarily the ones that deal the most Damage. 
see also:
6kZaLUY.png

Weaknesses/Resistances differ per Lich ofcourse so what you're looking to gleam out of it is just that Liches use normal Shield (not Proto, surprising), Ferrite Armor, and normal Flesh (not Cloned Flesh, surprising).

Yep, a lich rank 5 with a tonkor will pretty much explode any frame in a shot. That is why Loki is one of the best lich hunters. Not matter the level, armor, hp or shield of the enemy. He can just slap them until they die and they cant do nothing about that (dumb I know...something is scrating their face and instead of blind shoot to hit whatever is there, they just stand still and take it xD)

Also lichs are immune to status, so you can't reduce their armor or health with corrosive/heat/viral.

Edited by DarkSkysz

Nope. Its just kuva tonkor 😄 Ive beated one kuva lady with this apocalyptic thing today. Had nice oneshots with my wukong under armor buff. 

There is on little trick - beat them in close range less than 6m. Tonkor will not explode then. Done it solo, as usual on 5th lvl (was really unlucky with parazons tryes). Liches are very different in difficulty. Impact has iron skin, toxin has rad procs aoe, etc. But all they can be beat solo with endgame stuff. 

Never paid attention to Lich, until yesterday when a target came up on  Kuva Nightmare Rescue mission. 

Killed this Sniper, then had that Lich thing pop up, and got killed.

Never really done crazy end game stuff so getting a little peeved that he is now in some of the map taking my rewards.

Need to learn more i guess.

17 hours ago, (PS4)tissot555 said:

So I just came back after about a 4 month lay off and I got right into getting a kuva lich. I admit I bought a lich from a player. It was for the kuva tonkor. Anyway, I've been playing warframe for years. I know as well as anyone this game has never really been challenging at least not when you have all the best gear and op rivens, which I have. However, I was getting one shot by the lich (it got up to level 5) on my atlas prime that has 1389 armor, 1872 health and adaptation. So im just asking, what don't I know? Are the lichs meant to be group content? I would say that Im just not used to the content yet but that doesn't explain why I was getting one shot...over and over. Can someone please shed some light on this for me? I don't know if this means anything but the guy I fought was orghgg horr and is was for a tonkor with 56% toxin.

first off please when you have time read https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Kuva_Lich for all lich infromation to better understand what this system is.

Lich Level Enemy Level on Controlled Nodes
1 50-60
2 50-60
3 60-70
4 75-90
5 90-110

each time you fail to take down the lich it levels up upto lv 5 an becomes stronger with enemies in there missiosn getting stronger too.
as the lich levels up it gets more armor an health while still having the 3 segments of health bar

lichs can be done in groups just only the player the lich belongs to is able to stab it while any player in the mission can kill the thralls in it.