FlibberTigebits

Dual Kamas Prime objectively weaker than the Nami Skyla Prime

So I was looking through the changes of melee 3.0 and I found a lot of surprises. For one, all the weapons' stats were buffed, and another is that the War has a higher range than most melees in the game. However, the most noticeable part of melee stats changes is that the Dual Kamas Prime has every single stat inferior to the Nami Skyla prime. If you own these two weapons and compare them, you will find that the Nami Skyla prime outclasses it in every aspect. I even checked for not shown buffs that the Kamas gave, but it didn't have any. So for now, the Dual Kamas Prime is 100% worse in terms of performance.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, FlibberTigebits said:

So I was looking through the changes of melee 3.0 and I found a lot of surprises. For one, all the weapons' stats were buffed, and another is that the War has a higher range than most melees in the game. However, the most noticeable part of melee stats changes is that the Dual Kamas Prime has every single stat inferior to the Nami Skyla prime. If you own these two weapons and compare them, you will find that the Nami Skyla prime outclasses it in every aspect. I even checked for not shown buffs that the Kamas gave, but it didn't have any. So for now, the Dual Kamas Prime is 100% worse in terms of performance.

So you're basing all of this on 2 completely different weapons that are not related to each other at all?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Dual Kamas Prime is MR8 while Nami Skyla Prime is MR11. Because they decided to class weapons into different power levels by MR, stuff like this is going to happen with the low MR weapons.

That's the price you pay with MR related progression. If they ever decide to raise the MR ranges of weapons, expect more weapons to get strangled out.

It would be good if Primes of the same weapon type had more/better passives, or just sidegraded stats, in order to make the choice more appealing. As it is now, old Prime weapons are getting powercreeped away from being relevant, but then DE is going to try to charge the same price for them in Unvaultings. Another similar scenario is the case of Scindo/Galatine/Gram Prime; nobody would ever want Scindo Prime if they could get the other two, and people would probably prefer Gram over Galatine as well. However they're all obtained the exact same way.

14 minutes ago, (XB1)Rez090 said:

So you're basing all of this on 2 completely different weapons that are not related to each other at all?

They're definitely related in that they're the only two Primed Dual Swords. They're both exactly as rare as each other right now so it's pretty relevant for someone to compare the two.

Edited by YUNoJump
grammar

Dual Kama have momentum!  Maybe.

Also when DE gets around to melee dispositions, I bet Nami Skyla Prime ends up with lower disposition than the Kama Prime after a review or three.  Which will fix everything.

If nothing else, Kama have the whole folding/unfolding thing.  Eat that, Nami Skyla.

• Haha 1

There's more to weapons than just raw stats. I also choose my gear based on looks, style, stance, etc. Also, purchasing something is entirely the buyer's choice. Nobody is forced to purchase something they don't like here.

They are to a degree stat-driven by the MR requirement DE opted to give them. The Dual Kamas Prime are MR8 and the Nami Skyla Prime are MR11, so the Nami Skyla are supposed to be better, however it is pretty weird to have two Prime weapons of the same type have an objective better of the two. Especially considering all Primes are of the same-ish difficulty to obtain.

Dual Kamas Prime are probably balanced out by the sheer amount of style they have

Edited by Zandermanith222
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, YUNoJump said:

As it is now, old Prime weapons are getting powercreeped away from being relevant, but then DE is going to try to charge the same price for them in Unvaultings. Another similar scenario is the case of Scindo/Galatine/Gram Prime; nobody would ever want Scindo Prime if they could get the other two, and people would probably prefer Gram over Galatine as well. However they're all obtained the exact same way.

Didn't Steve or Reb say something on the last Dev Stream about some of the older/lower MR prime stuffs, that are currently part of the vault, being being pulled out like Orthos P, Braton, Akbronco P, etc. with maybe a new way to earn them outside of relics? 

1 hour ago, H0B0Z said:

Didn't Steve or Reb say something on the last Dev Stream about some of the older/lower MR prime stuffs, that are currently part of the vault, being being pulled out like Orthos P, Braton, Akbronco P, etc. with maybe a new way to earn them outside of relics? 

Not that I recall?  Would be odd too, since they technically fill the role of "trash drop" while simultaneously also always being available as baby Tenno's first primes.

Edited by Lost_Cartographer

3 hours ago, H0B0Z said:

They're vaulted? I thought that they've always been available (along with the paris, burston and lex).

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, DoomFruit said:

They're vaulted? I thought that they've always been available (along with the paris, burston and lex).

They're vaulted.

They have been vaulted ever since I began playing, which was a week or two after "The Emissary" event began for Nightwave. I wanted them the moment I began playing, but quickly found that they were vaulted and only recently obtained them through the market.

I adore them.

Deeply.